We're Hiring a Full-Stack Developer

@koichi Do you guys still have my resume from the other month, or shall I resubmit? I’m excited to make my next attempt.

4 Likes

@koichi - @Maltose makes a point. Didn’t y’all just hire a full stack developer? Someone not cut the mustard? We kindly request story time.

1 Like

Who else glanced at the title and saw “Fully Stacked…”

5 Likes

No. We hired a front-end developer recently and they are still with us.

4 Likes

Well, that wasn’t a very exciting story. not that we’d get any juicy stories anyways
But cool for them.

2 Likes

Conjugation still kills me. I’d love something that helps me build verb vocabulary alongside verb conjugation.

3 Likes

My point was just confirming whether I should resubmit my resume or not (assuming having it on file saves time for them getting hit with another one). I don’t need an explanation of their internal decisions. I am just happy I get another opportunity so soon :grin:

2 Likes

Not in this case. They are looking for a person who can contribute right away (see the job description). I guess large teams could afford to hire a good engineer who doesn’t know the tech with the expectation that they will learn it within a period of time.

1 Like

Well that rather sounds like a euphemism for the ol’ “you have failed me for the last time, Admiral” school of employee discipline. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

We haven’t scared them off… yet. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I do have it and I owe you a response! Your email is in my inbox along with… a lot of other emails. Sorry :cry:

If you applied again it’d certainly remove some possibility of human error in terms of making sure we get it.

10 Likes

Do stacks of reviews count as a “full-stack” qualifier? :thinking:

17 Likes

Hit me up when you need a Senior Back End Engineer and if you decide to add Elixir to your stack. Don’t fit at all with your needs now, though. Best of luck!

2 Likes

You and I are wishing a horse was a zebra, I think :sweat_smile:

I started downloading and installing Ruby on Rails… And have a tab in my browser open to a “women learn Ruby” page… Know (old) HTML and some CSS and have manipulated JavaScript… I’ve also got extensive Adobe Creative suite experience and used to work on webcomics… So I can make the front-end pretty… I’m a quick learner…

Does that count, Viet?

Cheers from Canada…

I’ve been involved in Ruby & Ruby on rails projects for the past months plus these are my two most recent book purchases:

So it sounds like a dream position to me. I could give it a go… and prepare my application, the important thing is to try I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

If they live and breathe Ruby and Rails how are they going to be very good at JavaScript ?

1 Like

Like wise I could make stacks of pancakes if anyone’s interested. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Are you just picking on their phrasing or do you have an actual question hidden in there?

More of a rhetorical question.