Week 4: 夏のレプリカ - Replaceable Summer

Join the Saikawa & Moe (S&M) Series Book Club here!

夏のレプリカ - Replaceable Summer Home Thread

Week 4

Start Date: Aug 26
Previous Part: Week 3
Next Part: Week 5

Reading:

Week Start Date Chapter Page Count
Week 4 Aug 26 Chapter 8 ~45

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book
0 voters

Proper Noun Readings

Previous Proper Nouns
Name Reading Notes Proof
西之園 萌絵 にしのその もえ (Week 1)

Now we finally know what happened between Tomoe and her brother. But why did Moe and her think she should apologize? Because she started it by hugging him? Or because she hit him so hard with that stone or whatever? :thinking: Am I overlooking something or is this simply old-fashioned “it’s the woman’s fault because she triggered it” thinking?

4 Likes

Omg yes wtf was that crazy victim blaming?? I also wondered if I was missing some information, but we’re supposed to have the same information as Moe.
I never got the impression that Mori was a feminist but this seems like a new low.

4 Likes

Oof. I saw your posts (but didn’t open the spoilers), read about ‘the incident’ and was like “oh that wasn’t so bad”… and then kept reading ~_~

Honestly not that surprising considering the way Mori seems to handle every single male/female dynamic

5 Likes