Join the Intermediate Book Club here!
TUGUMI Home Thread
Start Date: Oct 15th
Previous Part: Week 11
||つぐみからの手紙 + あとがき、など
||19 + 2 + 5
- Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
- When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
- Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
- To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!
Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)
- I’m reading along
- I have finished this part
- I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
- I am no longer reading the book
To those of you who finished the book already: Did you read the あとがき and the other stuff, and was it worthwhile?
After finishing the main story I did not feel like proceeding to it immediately as I was quite caught in the feels of the letter, and then I somehow postponed it…
I skimmed through it and decided I’m not interested…
Fair enough, thanks! I think I will follow suit.
I read only the first short あとがき (on pp 230-231 in my paperback edition), not the longer ones after that.
It made me curious to visit 西伊豆 some day.
And I was struck by the sentence 「そして、つぐみは私です。」
I read them and thought they were pretty interesting. Particularly the longer one by the editor, since he talks a lot about 吉本ばなな’s becoming an author.
They don’t talk a lot about the book itself, so you’re not missing a lot by skipping them if you’re not interested in the author’s personal history.
My version doesn’t have the other stuff - only the short あとがき, which I think is worth reading. One line surprised me though it probably shouldn’t have.
Oh and extra comment to say I’ve finally finished! Read all of the chapter 12 and the あとがき today.