Week 12: 君の名は - Your Name (Intermediate Book Club)

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

君の名は - Your Name Home Thread

Week 12

Start date: May 1st
Previous Part: Week 11
Next Part: Week 13

Reading

Week Start Date End Phrase End Page Page Count
Week 12 May 1st 全力でペダルを漕ぐ 179** 17

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I am no longer reading the book

0 voters

1 Like

Caught up again - this week’s reading also ends on 179 in my Tsubasa Bunko. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I started to fall behind, but I finished last week’s reading yesterday and I’ll finish this week’s soon. :sob:

I’ve actually been doing the 君の名は reading all in one shot on the last day of the week instead of breaking it up like I did before. It’s kind of nice to know I’ve improved enough to be able to do this, but I’m also being lazier than before. I used to read a little more slowly, take the time to add words I didn’t know to Anki, etc., and now I’m not doing that. I still look up words I don’t know (unless they’re obvious from kanji/context), but since I’m not recording them anywhere, who knows if I’ll retain any of them.

I’ve certainly got 隕石 down by now though. Not sure how much mileage I’ll get out of that…

5 Likes

Just gotta milk it.

元気?
うん!隕石より元気だよ!

4 Likes

I think it’s a little bit of a shame that the movie removed the little factoid that the town’s official radio announcer is Saya’s elder sister, which is why Saya can imitate her voice more easily. I’m not too clear who actually voiced the usual radio announcer in the movie, but they do sound kinda similar. I did discover, mind, that Saya’s voice actress is also Kumoko in the spider isekai. Among a great many other roles.

5 Likes