Want to write Kanji?

hahaha wow never would’ve thought that’s the reason XD

Now that cannot be helped, my friend :joy:

1 Like

Whoa!!! I didn’t know that… :exploding_head:

Aah, incredible! Thank you so much, this is just what I’ve been looking for and it’s so nicely laid out.

1 Like

This is cool as hell! Thanks for all the work you did, @aruke, and for making it free and easy to access!

1 Like

Start writing now! :laughing:

2 Likes

Wow thank you so much for this!
For me writing down on paper is just extremely satisfying and calming, so I wish to continue doing it whenever possible

1 Like

Dude, this is most epic, kotoba broski, kotoba.

2 Likes

I really was looking forward for something sorted by grade level. This is fantastic. I had to respond to my first(!!) post on the community forums after being a long-time lurker. Thank you so very much for this!!

1 Like

Hello Wanikani Community, Again! :wave:

There are some updates I want to share. Not about the PDFs/Worksheets (Whatever you call them in you native tongue), but about my journey since the last time I posted message on this thread, till now.
Much has happened. One notable change is that I have reached Level 60! Yay! I celebrate this :tada: ignoring the 1600+ reviews waiting for me :exploding_head:
I didn’t look for the reviews for the past week, because there was too much Japanese in the last three months. It has been one week since I appeared for JLPT N1
(So much Japanese that I was about to say I “accepted N1” translating N1 受けました somewhere in my mind)
Yes, it was a steep jump from JLPT N3 I passed (you know, miracles :sparkles: ) last December.
I crammed Kanzen Master books for N3, N2, N1, crammed through at least 10 past JLPT papers, and watched anime instead of any Netflix shows.

So, how was it?

Not so great. I easily went through the vocab section, thanks to WK (again), and listening was too easy. The only thing that stands between me and the glorious JLPT N1 certificate is the reading section (or in Japanese 毒怪)

Sorry my bad, got the Kanji wrong. It’s 読解.

Was it worth?

Yes and no.

If you have enough exposure to Japanese, go ahead and cram through every grammar you can. Soon you will start understanding what people say, and your subconscious will pop up grammar rules wherever you listen to similar sentences.

I still recommend going up the ladder of JLPT levels and jot jumping in between. Unless you are on a tight timeline. Or you have been in Japan and you lost all the confidence in yourself and questioning yourself whether you will ever truly learn Japanese.

What next?

Appearing for JLPT N1, even passing it doesn’t guaranty that you will speak grammar fluently. There’s too much vocab (even only the first ten levels of WK makes enormous vocabs), there are grammar variations, speech patterns.
Sure you can start speaking nicely, read and write most of the language, but going for near-native fluency, you need something else. And, that is what I am going to look for.
If you have already found it, please let me know :wink:

Currently exploring techniques: SRS for the usage of vocab, SRS for Grammar
Might start using tools: Bunpro and nativshark

7 Likes

Thank you for the kanji writing sheets! If you have time, you may want to update them with the new kanji that have been added to WK recently. Perhaps the best way to do this is to automate it using the API. But if you don’t have time, it’s not too urgent.

1 Like

Just printed out my first set of sheets, looking to give them a try :smiley:

2 Likes

勿論!
I was also thinking of writing a script for that, since there are staged updates to Crabigators blessings :grimacing:
I’ll update in a week or two, with next updates happening automatically :nerd_face:

2 Likes

wow, very interesting!

I was looking for something like this for some time.

1 Like

Excellent!
By the way, writing is the best way to learn/practice. Or rather drilling is. It’s how natives do it, so don’t knock it. And my old students are making a YouTube that let’s you write along with the lesson, it’s pretty good, so I’ll plug it here.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for, this is the third time I extensively searched for good ones and was just about to give up. This will be oh-so very useful!

どうもありがとうございます!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.