WaniKani Zapier Integration

Zapier has recently launched a WaniKani integration for their platform. For those who aren’t comfortable working with the API and are familiar with Zapier I believe this is the perfect solution for you. I don’t know what kind of flows are supported, but I imagine it’ll be updated over time, especially if feedback is given to them.

15 Likes

Ok. I just needed to scroll down to see what triggers are supported so far:

• New Lesson
  • New Review
  • New Level
5 Likes

This is very nice, I do like a good IFTTT solution and having some WaniKani integration is great, thanks!

3 Likes

Haha yeah.

Have reviews? Have your Hue lights change to a pink color!

7 Likes

Hue lights proceed to be pink for all eternity as WK keeps adding more items to review

3 Likes

That’s definitely more useful than what I currently use my Hue bulbs for… making my son believe he has magic light control powers :smiley:

12 Likes

Oh man. That is too cute.

2 Likes

When I was a kid I remember riding in the car of a family friend who had one of those very early models of tape deck control buttons on the steering wheel.

They had us convinced for an entire weekend that it was voice activated. I just want to give my son that same sense of being completely and utterly tricked :wink:

2 Likes

You are way nicer than I am. I just use them to drive my spouse nuts!

My dad was big on light-up everything, so I feel that multi-color illumination is the best way to honor his legacy and therefore RGB LED ALL THE THINGS!

Mine would be pink forever… :frowning:

3 Likes

I assume we have @mikesol to thank for this

5 Likes

Thanks for the shout out @Kumirei :slight_smile:

And ya I wrote this integration last year and posted about it here: Get notifications (emails, text, Twitter, Slack, Discord, etc) whenever you have new reviews, lessons or you level up - #2 by nextlevelbanana - but I think it was “officially” launched recently.

The code for it is here: GitHub - mike-solomon/zapier-platform-app-wanikani: Zapier CLI App for WaniKani - and I’m happy to add any other triggers or actions y’all wish to see ^.^

8 Likes