WaniKani Study Buddy Race - 2023, All Aboard!

Level 24! Have just barely been keeping on top of reviews lately as I prepare to move (!!) so I’ll try to avoid starting on the new radicals and kanji before I’ve chipped away at more of the vocab lessons from the previous level :v:t2:

9 Likes

Finally made level 30, this year has been a slog though.

13 Likes

At hell’s gate…

:scream:

7 Likes

this has become too common

5 Likes

Currently haven’t been able to hit 0 on my reviews for a few days now, had one day where I was unable to do them and now I just can’t push myself to be caught up. Hopefully tomorrow I can do it though, seems like tonight I won’t have enough time

3 Likes

I Think there will always be 1 or 2 days when you cant do wanikani. but dont let the reviews become bigger and bigger. hopefully you can get the reviews to zero. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve generally been keeping it at the same spot, but today I think I can do it!

3 Likes

And finally got that review pile to 0. Now time to hit the lessons

9 Likes
  1. Entering paradise
9 Likes

Well I levelled up again. I really wasn’t expecting it this time it kinda just… happened.
Well I’ve been watching season one of Demon Slayer, and it’s really surreal to be picking up whole sentences when, prior to WaniKani, I would’ve probably… watched a dub (yeah I know, cardinal sin, completely unforgivable) but now I’m picking up a decent amount of words and even whole sentences.

Highlight of last level was me learning “Wisteria” and thinking “I doubt I’ll ever really see or use this” and lo and behold it gets used like, 6 times in one Demon Slayer episode.

Anyway, onto level 23!

13 Likes

today was a really rough wk day. I finally made it to zero reviews after like a week. Gonna reach level 30 in 2 days.

11 Likes

I’ve seen wisteria apart of a school name in a manga I read. 藤女 is the name of the school

3 Likes

It’s funny, I made the same connection when the word wisteria came up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Finally made it to level 10! I did not think it would be possible for me to reach the double digits. Level 8 & 9 had some kanji that I could just not remember the readings of like 助. So the only way I can remember it is when I see it in 助力 because I need all the ‘assistance’ I can get to remember it otherwise it becomes a 'jo’ke lol.

10 Likes

That reminds me of my “ability” (能) mnemonic, where after getting it wrong way too many times and it completely failing to stick, I decided that “I have no (のう) ability in remembering this.” It worked.

4 Likes

Reached lv 30!!. Feels good to move up to the next section of the table

15 Likes

Reached level 27. This one took an entire month…I expect to reach 30 by December. Let’s go!

11 Likes

Keep the door open, I’ll be there in 3 weeks :smile:

3 Likes

Throwback :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Will be level 42 tomorrow haha. After that, my first fast level. Excited for that, but also not sure what to expect in terms of reviews since I am going to do them as fast as possible.

Also, just saw you on the chart, wow you started the race at level 1? That’s impressive, you also aiming for 60 this year?

8 Likes