Wanikani + Speech Recognition =?

This is amazing!  I only had the chance to try it on a single radical review, but it certainly gets my vote.  As a professional musician, this would be an absolute lifesaver on those days when my hands have had enough.

I was recently looking for something exactly like this :smiley: I’ll give it a good try soon.

Can’t believe I just saw this extension, and reallllllly can’t believe it’s not a built-in option.  
Anyone feel like making a usable version of this?  Benefits similar to shadowing for new people, and great for those of us who don’t wanna type (some people here are handicapped with typing issues).

kairu said... Can't believe I just saw this extension, and reallllllly can't believe it's not a built-in option.  
Anyone feel like making a usable version of this?  Benefits similar to shadowing for new people, and great for those of us who don't wanna type (some people here are handicapped with typing issues).

I agree with this post.

This is a great idea.

This sounds really fun. Will you be re-uploading this extension at some point?

It is only down because Dropbox discontinued the public folder. Here you go

Haven’t tried it in a long time. Not sure if it still works.

how much i gotta pay for someone to update this so it works properly again?

I am not sure it ever worked properly, that’s why I asked for feedback in this thread. Unfortunately nothing much came of it :frowning:

Chrome just isn’t allowing to enable it

It worked for me after installing chrome dev version, enabling developer mode, and the using the “load unpacked extension”. For that you need to extract the .crx file using 7zip.
So far I like it a lot, I feel it helps reinforce my reading ability and character recognition in a faster and easier way. thank you

I had never seen this before, but I also made this. Don’t mean to hijack the thread, but for anyone who still really wants this, my version is here: LipSurf - WaniKani Voice Dictation. Review while you eat, do chores, etc - #6 by mikob