Wanikani Origin Story

Amazing, loved it, @KyokaJiro senpai! The prose is beautiful!
Can’t wait for the next chapter :relaxed:

4 Likes

Thanks Kouhai :grin:

I can’t wait for the day you unveil your beautiful illustration for chapter 4 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m getting curious… :eyes:

Waiting for you Ch 4! :blush:

2 Likes

This is such a fun idea! :slight_smile:
I loved reading the first one, looking forward to more. Shougun is so cute! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks Sakuchu san :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just added Santa-san to the list, @KyokaJiro . :blush:

1 Like

I started working on chapter 1. It went longer than expected and I probably need to end up splitting it into two chapters. (I am inserting plot threads to maintain scope for possible spinoffs, if there is a demand for that after the completion of the main story.)

I am done with 60% of the new chapter. Hopefully I can complete it over the weekend and start editing and quality checks soon after.

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

The story is expanding a lot. My original conception of it from two months ago and now is totally different. While the overarching narrative still remains the same, the how and when are changing multiple times :slightly_smiling_face:

So, if you have any characters you would like to see in the story that haven’t been added yet, please go ahead and add them on the wiki on post 3.

8 Likes

The writing is going well. I am thinking of splitting the chapter into two parts again. I am on Page 4 and not near the supposed end of the chapter.

The first chapter is going to be split into 3 chapters and more if the content expands. The good part is the story is flowing well whenever I am finding time. Work has been busy.

I was afraid I would be unable to make all the characters in the wiki appear. I am in chapter 1 and am already running out of characters :joy: (some characters have already been allotted down the line). So if you have more characters throw them
In there.

Hopefully the first two chapters will be released in the next 2-3 weeks.

5 Likes

@KyokaJiro If it is possible can you add something about the big field which has fur (black) instead of grass and we mow it down somewhere in the story? It is not exactly a character so I couldn’t add it in the character post. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Longer is better, no need to split

3 Likes

This setting has been incorporated in the story and will appear in a future chapter Catherine san.

2 Likes

The writing is going well. Another 2.5 pages worth of content has been added. There is probably 1-1.5 pages or more story left before this chapter ends. This chapter could easily end up close to 10 pages. (The prologue was 2 pages.)

I love origin stories a lot :slight_smile: The Wani side of the story expanded more than 10 times my initial estimate and the Kani side expanded even more. I can seriously go on a side-novel on just the Kani arc. I am a bit torn at the level of details that can go in the main story. But that is a decision for another day. I introduced a few of my favorite characters in this chapter. Hopefully I can complete the chapter soon so that rewriting/editing can start.

8 Likes

I took a complete break for the last one week. I relaxed a bit and read a book or two. :slightly_smiling_face:

I haven’t made progress since last update. Hopefully this week I will complete the remaining part and kick start the next stage of this chapter.

7 Likes

Life has been wonky for the past few weeks. I haven’t touched the story in the last one month. But I will definitely get back to it soon and will make sure to complete it.

8 Likes

The chapter was completed a few months ago, but I never got around to editing the chapter. Rewriting is what makes the chapter good. Editing an 8-10 page chapter is definitely not fun. Maybe I should aim for smaller chapters?

I feel like I might have forgotten some of my plot points :sweat_smile: Hopefully I still recall enough. I am tempted to put the summary for each chapter in the second post.

Hopefully I will be more proactive in 2022 and try to wrap up the story.

Bless me Lord Crabigator!!

7 Likes

Nice to see something still happening here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, glad to hear it has been completed!!

Looking forward to reading it :)))

Thanks for enlightening us with the origins of Kis Kingliness The Crabigator!

1 Like

Only that chapter I was supposed to complete last year :sweat_smile:

There are still too many pending chapters.

Many things happened and it got pushed down the priority list, but I intend to see it through to the completion. (In the worst case, I will post the unedited version and then revise it when I can. Though I prefer not to do it in that manner.)

4 Likes

It’s all good, take your time!
I’ll wait a thousand years for it if necessary ;-;

3 Likes

Hahaha.

Thanks for the patience Kiwi san :slight_smile:

2 Likes