Wanikani memes

Oh hello!
I’m currently studying for university entrance exams so I don’t have time to lurk on forums and participate here and there anymore. I hardly have enough time for WK honestly :sweat_smile: Thanks for checking up on me anyway, still web-slinging my way through Japanese!

10 Likes

Its a clip from „Gaki no Tsukai“, a long running japanese Gameshow.

One of their regular segments is called „Kiki“, where they test some kind of food blindfolded, and then have to try to find the exact brand they tasted out of an arrangement of similar products. Of course, there is severe punishment if they fail… :grimacing:

It’s well worth checking out! :grinning:

5 Likes

ooh, that makes sense! Thanks for the advice!

Made this after reading the mnemonic of 彫. God damn Mrs. Chou has no chill.

46 Likes

this awesome thread helped me with those (I hope forever):

You would not believe how many of such pairs are there. I started collecting them (the effotr os sadly abandoned):

2 Likes

56 Likes

When I have 200+ apprentice items

8 Likes

I found this during browsing youtube.Idk what to say. I guess that’s enough internet for today

18 Likes

40 Likes

Personally I find katakana knowledge harder to hold onto because they show up less frequently when reading most text.

4 Likes

For me, I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily harder. Although I definitely read katakana a lot slower than I read hiragana, simply due to it appearing a lot less often. I won’t really forget katakana, although it just takes me longer to read a katakana word than it would a hiragana one.

5 Likes

When you start writing out an answer then delete it to type in something completely different

35 Likes

Why am i like this

4ll0ni

53 Likes

Holy crap I haven’t related to something so much in weeks

4 Likes

43 Likes

Really feeling this one after I just fucked up the vocab reading on “tree”.

18 Likes

did the trees start to mock you?

20 Likes

They mocked me for not finding the key.

26 Likes

WK mnemonics are the textbook example for in-jokes.

10 Likes

I’m surprised to see so little on’yomi/kun’yomi-in-vocabs references here.
After learning about when vocabs use which reading, the actual reading of the mayority of vocabs seem to be a “special case”. Even rendaku seems more consistent.^^
So far I tend to just learn the reading by heart, but perhaps those rules become more applied at higher levels ;).

2 Likes