Wanikani Lore and Culture Collection

https://community.wanikani.com/badges/130/ghost-of-crabsmas-durtle

Those of us lonely/lovely enough to post on the forums on Christmas day 2018 were awarded this badge. Upon closer inspection (open image in a new tab) the Durtle was found to have a QR code on his head, which led us to the lobby of Durtle Heaven.

It was also possible to buy tickets through confession, IIRC.

5 Likes

“Mellon” is Elvish for “friend”. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sutho? Or did he only get a century?

7 Likes

I mean thats interesting but midorinosuika was a watermelon not an elf :sweat_smile:

yup thats him, just found it thanks to you!

7 Likes

Thankyou!
It was mentioned before, and i kept looking through it but i couldn’t see it (-_- ’ )

1 Like

Should be a wiki now. Let me know if it worked :blush:

6 Likes

It behaves like a Wiki for me, Thank you so much!

2 Likes

I’m afraid that the Crabigator’s pronoun is “ke”

1 Like

For all matters of doctrine related to Crabigatorism, refer to this thread:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/our-god-has-spoken/7761

3 Likes

Sorry, I’m dumb. Where do I find this wiki?

2 Likes

Where and what to say about sect names?
How about legendary old mnemonics? Hard Gay? Charlie Sheen?
Even Koichi is the stuff of WK legend. It took me three months here to realize that he is not just an anime character.

whoops, I just saw that you mentioned sect names
How about @Glias ing? And what about Rick Rolling, although it is not WK specific.

6 Likes

The predecessor of my thread, which seems to be the predecessor of this one lol

1 Like

The first post in the thread! :wink:

2 Likes

Ohh I see, wiki just means anyone can edit.

2 Likes

Great Idea! Would you be able to add more about those, I don’t know any of the ledgendary old mnemonics, but i’ve added a section for them. I’ll add @Glias ing and rick rolling, and i’ve attempted a bit on @koichi , although im not entirely sure what to write abotu this faithful servant of the crabigator.

3 Likes

I see. You joined after the Legendary Content Update of December 2018. Do you have an iOS device by any chance?

1 Like

Well, I joined on December the 13th 2018. and started using it on the 14th. If i remember correctly, I missed the Legendary Content Update of December 2018 by a few days.
No, I have a Windows PC.

1 Like

By the way, “Gliasing” is in reference to a silly game we play where you can replace the subject of someone’s sentence with “you” to make a random statement/insult/compliment for fun. c:

People also happened to be able to tag me for cats if they like, but it’s a separate thing.

8 Likes

That is a big part of foruming from my experience, sharing pets and adorable 動物達.

Like this, of my neko mc dingles:

6 Likes

Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out, I really wasn’t so sure.
Please tell me if any other information is incorrect!

You… You’re a reference to a silly game-…

Oh, wait.

14 Likes