Wanikani Lore and Culture Collection

I went ahead and reorganized it a bit ~

2 Likes

That’s good XD.
that’s kinda what i was hoping people would do now it’s a wiki…

It would be nice if the detail menus indented somehow so we can distinguish the sub-menus from the others. :thinking:

4 Likes

Yeah. I tried a bit with the emojis, but i’m not too good with HTML and that kind of stuff.
I was referring to the Post formatting guide the whole time XD.
I might put more emojis in now actually…

1 Like

Half a year in the forums perceiving this strange phenomenon and just learnt that it has a name. Still, nothing makes sense.

4 Likes

I don’t remember who named it after me, but they did because I had introduced it to the forums and Glias’d people quite frequently. xD

6 Likes

I added spome brief information on “Cubic access” @no_u , as official customer service agent, If you would like to add more info.

5 Likes

eternalcubes

11 Likes

I am forever annoyed that I missed out on that badge. I have massive Crabmas FOMO.

5 Likes

Shame they didn’t give it out in 2019. Could they retroactively give it to 2019 Christmas posters?

4 Likes

This is ironic now

10 Likes

tenor

2 Likes

I am so confused xD

3 Likes

I was for a bit too, but click on the mention for Midori_no_sora and it may make a bit more sense.

3 Likes

What the

3 Likes

I clicked on the name and all I understood was that they are banned for 1000 years. Idk why, why for that long, if they’re the same person as the other person who got banned. If it is important to be included in the wiki in the first place, I imagine there should be more info added to it. But if no one knows or thinks it’s too much to say, it probably shouldn’t be in the wiki at all, since it’s kinda weird that we are adding people getting banned to the “culture” page.

3 Likes

I would write more, but i don;t know a great deal about it, I missed both the events. If anyone knows more about it, then they are welcome to add it, or post it and i’ll add it. The reason ‘‘the melon’’ is in there is because they are something of a legend and does come up from time to time. More as a community meme/warning. and more among those who have been here for a while (or at least a fair bit longer then I have.) I don’t know why Midori_no_Sora was banned either.
It’s mainly there as an explaination of the mentions of him.
The information I have is what I gather to the best of my ability (and deem useful for the purpose of this thread) when I have time to work on it, and what I am given by more knowledgeable people.

2 Likes

@neriander @Midnight_Doragon
Midorin (Melon) was banned in 2017 for violating guidelines by posting some inappropriate stuff and then editing posts to get around being temporarily silenced. He was a really fun person and I miss having him around.

Sora was banned recently, but I don’t think the reason is well known. As I understand it stuff happened in the Pseudo PM thread and on Discord that others didn’t agree with.

Sutho, btw, was banned for being an ass and getting flagged all the time.

The Wiki entry is ironic because it says not to confuse the banned Midorin with Sora, but now they’re both banned.

9 Likes

Mostly by dropping on every thread with “well, akshully” and then being completely wrong.

6 Likes

Thanks!
Unfortunately in my editing to keep it up to date I had to change that prime example of irony. : (
Oh well, if people are desperate to see it they can look in the version history. (25? should do it)

3 Likes