Wanikani KunOn 1.0.1 ("Kun'yomi" or "On'yomi" instead of "Reading") [No longer supported]

Apraxas said... You are a love ;D
I'll test the item level addon tonight, does it show if it is a kanji you need to level up?
 What do you mean? A kanji required to finish the current level? If so, it doesn't.
0 Likes

ruipgpinheiro said...
I'll test the item level addon tonight, does it show if it is a kanji you need to level up?
 What do you mean? A kanji required to finish the current level? If so, it doesn't.
 Yep exactly that ;] is the thing to make my bear heart dance :D
0 Likes

Apraxas said...
ruipgpinheiro said...
 Yep exactly that ;] is the thing to make my bear heart dance :D
The problem is that is not information that is made available during the reviews. I'd have to implement the Wanikani API and require users to enter their API keys. Everything right now in these 2 scripts works solely off information Koichi makes available client-side during reviews (mainly the SRS level and whether readings are kun or on)
0 Likes

Couldn’t you just assume that any kanji or radical item that’s the same level as the user and is apprentice is probably necessary to level up?

0 Likes

jimpjorps said... Couldn't you just assume that any kanji or radical item that's the same level as the user and is apprentice is probably necessary to level up?
 I thought of that, but that's the thing - during reviews we do not have a way of linking kanji to levels. We only get the kanji ID, the readings, meanings, and srs level. Nothing more.

A possible way would be to "export" the Wanikani kanji DB (Kanji and their respective levels) into the user script, but that's way overkill.
0 Likes

Oh, that’s silly.  I thought the kanji had its level as part of its metadata.

0 Likes

Nope. It would certainly be useful for userscripts, but I guess it’s not part of the metadata available during reviews since it’s not required, to keep localStorage size down. Still, even if we had the kanji level, we’d still have to find the user’s level somehow (through an API call).

0 Likes

1.1.1 (23 January 2014)
- Now supports the HTTPS protocol.

0 Likes

This is a great script.

Thank you very much for writing and sharing it.

H.

0 Likes

Not surprisingly, incorporating this script into WK Mobile was a pleasure. This script is so useful that I fail to see any valid reason to add an option to disable it.
Only problem I see is that, this way, I can’t credit you in the app, but only on the store and the source code. Is that ok for you?
Thanks!

0 Likes

s84606 said... Not surprisingly, incorporating this script into WK Mobile was a pleasure. This script is so useful that I fail to see any valid reason to add an option to disable it.
Only problem I see is that, this way, I can't credit you in the app, but only on the store and the source code. Is that ok for you?
Thanks!
 Go ahead :)
0 Likes

Sorry to hear you are leaving WK. Good luck and thanks again for this great script.

H

0 Likes

Anyone has a copy of this still? userscripts.org is dead.

0 Likes

I have a copy of it. Here is a link to a zip of a folder containing the script and the jquery that goes with it

https://mega.co.nz/#!MhkmASZa!9bbW_5-rwq9I_UtGrLC-VsO4NGLl6749y18nSazpEzg

However, since yesterday the script has stopped working, the reviews hang on the loading screen.

0 Likes

hoovard said... I have a copy of it. Here is a link to a zip of a folder containing the script and the jquery that goes with it

However, since yesterday the script has stopped working, the reviews hang on the loading screen.

Thanks! I managed to fix this problem. I think it was a conflict between 2 jQuerry versions, one from wanikani one from the script.
So a fix is to add this:

// @grant       none
// @require     https://gist.githubusercontent.com/arantius/3123124/raw/grant-none-shim.js
To ==UserScript== section and add this:
this.$ = this.jQuery = jQuery.noConflict(true);
after ==UserScript== section.

This also fixes Wanikani Show Level script which I had problems with same as yours.
I don't know how good a fix this is but it at least works!
0 Likes

Thanks! I managed to fix this problem. I think it was a conflict between 2 jQuerry versions, one from wanikani one from the script.
So a fix is to add this:

Brilliant

Many thanks for the fix
0 Likes

http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/184461.html because the website is down

0 Likes

ardmax said...
hoovard said... I have a copy of it. Here is a link to a zip of a folder containing the script and the jquery that goes with it

So a fix is to add this:

// @grant       none
// @require     https://gist.githubusercontent.com/arantius/3123124/raw/grant-none-shim.js
To ==UserScript== section and add this:
this.$ = this.jQuery = jQuery.noConflict(true);
after ==UserScript== section.

This also fixes Wanikani Show Level script which I had problems with same as yours.
I don't know how good a fix this is but it at least works!

1. if(curItem.emph == "onyomi")
  2. readingType = "On'yomi";
  3. else
  4. readingType = "Kun'yomi";

I don't see the emph member in curItem.   Without it, this userscript can't work.  Does anyone know if "emph" has been removed from curItem?

0 Likes

When taking into account add-ons that are actually beneficial to learning Japanese, this is probably one of the more important ones. It’s a shame it doesn’t really work anymore. That or I’m just dumb and can’t get what hoovard did working.

0 Likes

caffeine said... I don't see the emph member in curItem.   Without it, this userscript can't work.  Does anyone know if "emph" has been removed from curItem?

It is still there. emph is only in the curitem object when curitem is a kanji. It is undefined if you are reviewing a vocabulary or radical.

AveryGoodgame said... When taking into account add-ons that are actually beneficial to learning Japanese, this is probably one of the more important ones. It's a shame it doesn't really work anymore. That or I'm just dumb and can't get what hoovard did working.
 I just posted a new version of this if you want to try it.

/t/New-version-of-KunOn-script-WK-Custom-Review-Question-KunOn/7597/1

0 Likes