WaniKani Dictionary?

The Android Japanese dictionary that I use (Jsho) only supports conventional radicals.

When looking up Kanji, I often find myself wishing that it allowed me to search using WaniKani radicals.

Has anyone made an app like that? I would buy it.

1 Like

Wanikani doesn’t follow the “official” radical list. They have their own names for a good portion of them and have added “radicals” to make their mnemonics easier to follow. 

If you go to search tab on the wk screen you can search for kanji/radicals that way. Otherwise there is nothing that I know of currently.

Jisho doesn’t follow the “official” radicals either. So I don’t know what you’re talking about. You can search by component, while the components won’t line up 100% with this site, you shouldn’t have a problem. 

mahum said... Wanikani doesn't follow the "official" radical list. They have their own names for a good portion of them and have added "radicals" to make their mnemonics easier to follow. 

If you go to search tab on the wk screen you can search for them that way.
I totally understand all that :) 

I just think that a dictionary app that used the Wanikani radicals instead of the standard ones would be awesome.
Syphus said... Jisho doesn't follow the "official" radicals either. So I don't know what you're talking about. You can search by component, while the components won't line up 100% with this site, you shouldn't have a problem. 
 I do like Jsho, but occasionally when searching for a Kanji I have found that it lacks some of the components that are radicals in WaniKani. 

HouHou has a search by radicals feature you can change to WK radicals in the settings.

1 Like
Reckard said... HouHou has a search by radicals feature you can change to WK radicals in the settings.
 As a note, it changes the names of the radicals it can search by to those used by Wanikani. It doesn't have all of wanikani's radicals though. I think it should still be easier to use since you can search by name rather than just stroke order.

Thanks Reckard and Raionus, I’ll definitely take a look at HouHou.