:crabigator: Visual WK Mnemonics

No it’s great, I also have trouble with that rendaku!

I’ll see if any leech comes out in my next review session and send them your way :slight_smile:

1 Like

大いに - おおいに - Very - Level 2

( Koichi’s Mnemonic: When you do something with (に) big , you do it very , or with a lot of something. )

Notes: This one I came up with because the mnemonic just doesn’t make any sense…

Vocab - Meaning & Reading
Author: Aikibujin

6 Likes

I’ll see what I can do with them if they do. ^ _ ^

This is one from the previous thread, but it was the first modification to an animated GIF I did, so I gave it a bit of an update. ^ _ ^

内 - うち - Inside - Level 3

( Koichi’s Mnemonic: There’s something inside and you wanna get to what’s within . Look inside.
Ooh, cheese (うち)! Your favorite. Ooh cheese, how I love you. )

Inside2

Vocab - Meaning & Reading

8 Likes

I wanna eat that, now…

1 Like

^ _ ^

Don’t tempt me, Frodo. :stuck_out_tongue:

Precious2

1 Like

公用 - こうよう - Government Business - Level 3

( Koichi’s Mnemonic: A public task is going to be government business . You have to think of this public as government to know the meaning of this word easily. )

Vocab - Meaning

1 Like

Make sure to hit Like on the ones you guys like and I’ll try to make more in that style.
^ _ ^

I’ve been thinking about maybe doing a series of these on a specific type of reading.
Where the same picture or picture type could be used for multiple words.

I figured ちょう would be a good one to try with the Mrs Chou mnemonic.

I know she’s used for 丁, 町, and 長.

Are there any others she’s used for?

1 Like

由 - ゆう - Reason - Level 7

The Reason is ゆう!

Kanji - Reading

2 Likes

This is a new one

黒 - こく - Black - Level 7

( Koichi’s Mnemonic: You’re in a completely black room. There’s no way out, and you can’t see. The room starts to fill with liquid. It gets in your mouth. You taste it. It’s Coke (こく)! Mm, tasty Coke. )

Black

Kanji - Meaning & Reading

4 Likes

兄 - あに - Older Brother - Level 3

( Complete video )

(If you’ve played Final Fantasy VIII, you’ll know what this means!)

Kanji - Meaning
Author: niu

Found this, made me think of you. ^ _ ^

2 Likes

Looks like we have at least one more Naruto fan. ^ _ ^

As such, I have an old one and a new one.

The image is an updated version of the one I had on the old thread, and the GIF is a new one.

外 - がい - Outside - Level 3

Naruto - Eternal Rivals

Outside

Kanji - Meaning & Reading

7 Likes

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO USED MAITO GAI FOR OUTSIDE AND HAKU FOR WHITE

I could see it so clearly in my head, Gai performing a dynamic entry on those poor fools that were waiting for you outside during the evening.

8 Likes

^ _ ^

Yeah definitely the first thing that popped into my mind with 外.

About a year ago, before I let everything lapse (and thus recently restarted from level 1), I began to line up many of the common Kanji sounds with Naruto characters. I haven’t yet reached the level I was at last time, so it’s still mostly review for my at my current level, but I’m getting close, and the ones I’m starting to get now, aren’t as solidly in my mind as the other ones, so I may start using those names I lined up, and thus will likely have many more Naruto inspired visualizations in future. ^ _ ^

I started watching Naruto when only the first season was out, and I followed it regularly up until Naruto was being hidden from the Akatski on that animal island. Then I lapsed. I started watching it again all the way from the start and got to a little bit after the start of the great Ninja war where they began revealing the deep back story on where the Sharigan came from and Obito’s back story, and the sub group I was using stopped producing them, and I never managed to get around to finding another, so I’ll be rewatching the whole thing from the start, again… So it will all be fresh in my mind. ^ _ ^

1 Like

Do you have any other Naruto ones you use regularly?

2 Likes

Well there’s Sai, and I guess you could use Maito Gai for Mai too. I’ll update when I use it more.

1 Like