:crabigator: Visual WK Mnemonics

体 - からだ - Body - Level 5

@koichi’s Mnemonic: You have your body . It’s nice - looking good! What would really mess up your body? It would be a car raider (からだ). I’m talking about a dude who is a raider of some kind driving a car. If he runs into your body, you’re done for, so watch out for the car raider!

Body
Body2

Vocab - Meaning & Reading
Author: Aikibujin

1 Like

ok, here i am again with some fuel-based mnemonic.
here is 増える means “to increase”. and read as ふえる
first kanji looks like a fuel-pump to me.
in my country, usually fuel prices increase regularly so…

9 Likes

That fuel pump actually looks remarkably like the kanji. It’s even got those two little horns on top.

1 Like

I like it too! And I also know the feeling of regularly increasing fuel prices :full_moon_with_face:
(I’ll embrace it for when I reach level 21)

I use Gai for 外 and also for 害. He’s so powerfull he can do many damages. He incurs damage if he goes to far too.
I also think of Sai for several kanji like 才 (he’s a kind of genius) or 妻 (not for the wife but because of the brush radical)
I remember 常に tsuneni because I think of Tsunade :smiley:

2 Likes

同時 - どうじ - Same Time - Level 7

When you’re making an exchange and the other person seems a bit どうじ (dodgy)…

Vocab - Meaning & Reading
Author: Aikibujin

I mostly just want to make people cringe, but I guess I’ll put in some actual effort :stuck_out_tongue:

croconaw

This Crおこなう must do a very important task. What task must it carry out? You see, this is actually the Wani part of WaniKani. WaniKani is simply a Cr行う and a Krabby tied together, and this Cr行う has to find his Krabby or else the WaniKaniers will figure out the trickery.

5 Likes

I don’t follow pokemon, what is that one’s name?

Croconaw.

You just destroyed one of my biggest leeches thank you so much :open_mouth::star_struck:

1 Like

It’s a big leech for a lot of people, that’s why I focused on it. I myself only know it because I failed it about a dozen times on Memrise :slightly_smiling_face:

In fact my mnemonic was “What’s the most annoying Japanese word for a beginner?” because it came to mind instantly :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m completely out of the poke loop…

Sorry for long response times btw.
While uni is in I have little time for the forums.

But I will still occasionally pop my head in, so please feel free to continue posting new ones, I’ll add them to the list eventually. ^ _ ^

Pops head in

2 Likes

This could make rice paddy more memorable…

3 Likes

Wow, those are awesome! ^ _ ^

1 Like

Or with heels for the ひる mnemonic

4 Likes

The heels are a nice touch.

2 Likes

Shrimps are fashionable those days, mmmkay?

I’ll share this carrot too here. This thread should be more popular…

It could do with added ninja features for the reading tbh.

CarrotMnemonic

4 Likes

it should be a jeans-wearing-carrot i suppose :stuck_out_tongue:
or a man, wearing jeans, in soil, acts like a carrot…
images

2 Likes

It’s a pretty good looking carrot… but since it’s ninjin and I keep thinking ninsan (san mnemonic really stuck in my head), I try to see a ninja carrot now.

I just need to add a mask to the existing image really. There we go:

Ninjin the carrot!

3 Likes