[Userstyle] WaniKani Breeze Dark

Yeah, at first I was wondering if I could stray from the default WaniKani colors that signify the radicals/kanji/vocab and the SRS levels. I was wondering if you could allow us to keep those, but didn’t want to be a pain, haha.

I am still new to WK, so new, different colors aren’t as disruptive to me, as it might be for a level 10+.

When you make changes, do I have to download it again, or does it automatically apply the updates? (I used to be a programmer and did CSS and web programming and all, but I’m not familiar with how to do things these days as much.)

I don’t really mind changing the colour, but I don’t particularly like the default ones either, though.

Added an option to change the background for reading and meaning, text color isn’t adjustable yet, but I could probably add that if it is necessary.

2 Likes

edit: Works great

1 Like

Any plans of adding an option disable the highlight of meaning/reading?

I think I will remove that one completely, it’s not really necessary anymore because one can set the background now.

This would also make the CSS code a bit simpler which is always nice. :slight_smile:

Sorry to bother you so often, but I also noticed that it overrides the Dashboard Progress Plus info (Vocabulary for Wanikani still looks alright, though). It’s not as important to me as the meaning/reading background, so I won’t try to get you to do anything about it, just thought you should know.

3 Likes

Looks like that’s just because I’m removing the background image of kanji and radical items by default,
so should be a simple fix.

Will fix this tomorrow, probably.
Need to tackle my own WK queue now, have neglected it for far too long now. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

All of Kumirei’s screenshots, using so many different scripts…

I thought I used a lot, he looks like he’s using a WaniKani from an alien world!

1 Like

It reminds me of another person that’s using about 1 million user scripts, right @Amenophyckxs? :smiley:

I’ve actually been using less and less recently. Only using about half of the 70 I have installed, atm. Especially now that I found a nice dark theme and “had to” disable a few which didn’t fit in.
It’s starting to come together, though. I’m almost satisfied with how it looks now. Dark theme helped a lot.

1 Like

The theme should work better now with the Dashboard Progress Plus userscript.
Also updated the user settings page.

3 Likes

I was asked on Discord to replace the color background in reviews with a darker color, I kinda like it but I also want to know what you guys think about it.

0 voters

2 Likes

I voted to keep the color, because I really like it, but I do see why some might want the dark background, easier on the eyes… I wouldn’t mind either way tbh.

Ok, it looks like I might even be able to make this one an option.
If the nesting of option keys works like described on userstyles.org.

Looks great, ill be using it. Thanks.

I’m a bigger fan of the “coloured kanji/vocab” option as it catches the eye a lot less which is what a dark theme is really all about.

1 Like

I really can’t say either way without trying both.

Looking at them again, I wonder if the gold kanji on the black background might “sear” them into my brain better…

Added a dropdown option for both variants.

1 Like