[Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

EDIT: found the solution a few posts above mine. It works :slight_smile:

Can somebody help me to install this? I have never used user scripts and now managed to install userscripts on Safari. I think I have implemented heatmap somehow because there is </> and a red 1 showing next to the address bar. What am I supposed to do next?

Hi, I’ve reinstalled Heatmap recently but it doesn’t show up in my dashboard anymore. The only thing that shows is settings panel. unfortunately when I click either “Apply” or “Save” my console screams Uncaught ReferenceError: reload is not defined for lines respectively #644 and #1149

Any help would be appreciated; I accidentally nuked my whole reviews data (RIP) so I don’t mind clearing whatever cache there still might be, I just want this userscrip to work again. Firefox 115.0.2

1 Like

I just bought a house and am very busy fixing it up before I can move in, so it might be a while until I can take a look at it, but I will as soon as I can

6 Likes

Don’t worry then, problem fixed itself after restarting browser several times, I don’t even know when and I have no idea why. Suddenly, it just works :upside_down_face: JS will be my bane.
Good luck with your new nest, take care!

2 Likes

Hi, am I the only one seeing their progress getting erased ? It keeps erasing my review data, but for some reason the lesson data is still intact

Absolutely. I have also noticed my reviews are not registering or being erased (don’t know which one).
For it started on April 24th of this year.

I have done reviews almost every day, but for some reason they only show up sometimes.
I don’t know what caused it.

It seems to be different from you, because your still says that you studied 100% of days.

Are you clearing cache?

Are you doing your reviews on a different device?

No, I’m not doing my reviews on a different device and I almost certainly don’t clear my cache and cookies every day

It says 100% because it gets erased each time therefore each time is the first time

Yes, my reviews are spread out over 3 devices: My home PC, my work PC, and my phone.

But that has been the case since way longer than April 24th, so it seems weird that it only lost reviews after that date.

Can you make sure you’re on the latest version?

A few months ago WK blocked access to historical reviews, which is what I used to sync between devices. So, for now, the Heatmap is only able to record reviews done on the device where it is installed.

1 Like

I have 3.0.65

Ah, that’s unfortunate. That makes it useless to me then.

This script is fantastic, but I have noticed, that since the manual tracking of the reviews, the RAM usage has increased dramatically. This has been happening for a while now and it is especially noticeable while doing more than 100 reviews (like in the screenshot)
Start of review with 110 items

End of review

I checked every script that I was running separately (Wanikani Open Framework, Heatmap, Double-Check), but it seems like this script is probably what’s causing it. (Maybe it could be my browser as well)

Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue?

Hello, I’d like to ask if you could add a setting so that the “day of week” labels can be displayed in kanji instead of single letters, like how they are in the mini popups. This script is really nice to see and use and I love how customizable it is! Thank you very much!

1 Like

Kumirei, I just wanna say my great appreciation and thanks for this wonderful script! I use it especially for tracking my lesson streak and it has greatly changed how consistent I am with my lessons. Filling those little squares really made a difference for me and I’ve finally made daily lessons a habit, seeing it visually made a big impact.

Also thanks that you tried your best to ease the problem of review tracking after the disruptive API change. I can imagine it must be very stressful to receive loads of comments about the issue but not being in the position to fix it. I do reviews on laptop and smartphone and for the days where I don’t do any on my laptop, I add them manually and I personally think it works quick enough. In my case review streak isn’t the major focus though, as my weakness lied in slacking off on lessons and I feel this heatmap “healed” me - here it still shines and that I’m grateful for :smiley:

PS: If the problem remains longer, I suggest maybe considering to add a feature that can add multiple days of untracked reviews at once - like a “from day X” to “to day Y” to fill major gaps. For people with long gaps of reviews, this would be welcome I bet.

2 Likes

This is a great idea! I will take it into consideration when I have time to work on scripts again

2 Likes

Although it requires some math to get exactly what you want, you can actually do this already if you set the number of reviews and the seconds per review correctly. For example, if you set it to 240 reviews and 3600 seconds (1 hour) per review, the result is 1 review per hour, for 10 days following the provided date