[Userscript]: Reorder Ultimate 2 [newest]

Hey, maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I click reorder, it doesn’t always put the radicals first or whichever I put in front. Does anyone have suggestions about how to fix this? Usually even after setting it blue, then pink, then purple, I’ll still get some purples mixed in o_O

I’m sure it’s something I am doing wrong though.

2 Likes

Did you use the scaled to prioritise the type over the level?

2 Likes

I see that the left side does something now. Silly me to not notice that. I think I get how it works now.

The left scale prioritises meaning or reading, while the scale on the right prioritises item type or item level

I don’t know if it can fix your problem or if you’ve figured it out by now, but I kinda had the same problem and turns out all I had to do was go into account settings - api tokens and generate a personal access token. Looks like one of the script was trying to fetch a key that didn’t exist and now it works perfectly fine

Thank you in advance, I know you will help u nice guys :grinning:

a.When for ex. level 5 is in the left-most priority, the other levels should’t pop up before i finish level 5? because they seem to pop up making me hit the reorder button again and again.
b.If i want to do only the newest-learned reviews (in order to level up) and leave the rest for a spare time - I need to do only the level 5 reviews?
c.is there a way to to this in the android app also?

p.s. I know that this is a great community because people usually won’t take gargantuan tasks like truly learning Japanese only for pleasure,

but for moral reasons like containing the farthest cultures, expanding our horizons for goodness sake.

This is true if you set the scale on the right for ‘level’ priority.

I have never tried it, but I think you can delete all levels except 5 in the sort order (maybe by right-clicking them??) and only the level 5 items will be in your review stack.

I don’t know anything about the app. But you can add TamperMonkey to Firefox on Android, and then add this script into TamperMonkey.

(note: this is not my script. I just made a small change to it to support APIv2 after some Wanikani changes. So I haven’t used all of its features)

Thank you man.

What do I do when this happens?

The level tabs do not come, and I can’t change the order.

Heh… no idea. Are you just starting using the script, or did you have it working before? Are there any errors on the Javascript console? (Press F12 and click the Console tab)

I’ve been using it for months, this happens sometimes only. Gets fixed after reloading it multiple times.

1 Like

That almost sounds like a startup race condition.
Do you have Open Framework set up as the #1 script? (not just top position, but with a “1” next to it in case your list isn’t sorted by “#”)

Ya, it’s #1.

This has been so useful, thank you for creating and maintaining it!

Is there a way to tweak this to work with lessons as well? I’ve been away for quite a long period of time (and a lot of WK content changes apparently!) and I have come back to 291 new lessons! I’d like to alternate one batch of current-level lessons, one batch of lower-level lessons to keep my motivation going as I slowly work through these.

Thanks!

Pretty sure this already does work for lessons

1 Like

Huh, it does load on my phone browser. On the computer (Chrome for Mac), I just see:

WKU::Please Wait::Currently updating UID list… 100%

and that’s as far as it gets. So I guess the problem is with Chrome?

Are you on the latest version?

Oops, looks like it wasn’t … I feel a bit silly now.
Thank you!

1 Like

Is there some way I can completely hide this script from my screen once I have set up everything correctly?

OK, I have come up with a simple but dirty hack which works surprisingly well for me.

Install/enable Adblock Plus which allows you to set up custom filters. Append the following two lines to your filter list (Settings → Advanced → Create and edit your filter list):

www.wanikani.com##.ui-small.pure-g-r
www.wanikani.com##.ui.pure-g-r

This tells your web browser to hide all objects with class="ui pure-g-r" and class="ui-small pure-g-r".

You can then hide or show the configuration window of this script by (locally) enabling or disabling Adblock Plus.

Use it at your own risk because it may break something else on the website. I have not seen anything missing, but I don’t know if these class names are used elsewhere on the website.

Lol, reorder script is now spam

1 Like