[Userscript] Keisei 形声 Semantic-Phonetic Composition

On kanji item pages, you should see a new section called “Phonetic-Semantic Composition” located right after the reading mnemonic:

The section should also appear during lessons and reviews.

Can you go through the steps in this guide to gather more information about the problem?

Ok so I’m not dumb, I looked at the right place but… nothing.

Is there a modification to do in the code? Also, is there a file I should maybe download?

Edit woops, didn’t see the end of your message. Will do

I found the problem!

So, after testing, there’s one script I have that completely disables this one, it’s called “Advance Context Sentence 2”. I’ve disabled it and it works perfectly.

EDIT

community.wanikani.com/t/userscript-advanced-context-sentence-2 is the script that invalidates this one. Just in case someone needed to know that for troubleshooting purposes?

This is now fixed in version 2.24 of Advanced Context Sentence 2 (the problem was a bugged version of the Custom Icons library script). I also went ahead and updated Keisei and Niai to the newest version of the Custom Icons library script so that all scripts use the same version.

3 Likes

Thanks for your hard work :). I should probably install Niai as well :smiley:

Has anyone been abled to get this script to work on mobile? I’ve tried installing it using Userscripts on Safari but it doesn’t work

Hello! Thank you for a great extension, I’ve been using it quite a lot!

I’ve noticed that some kanji created using semantic-phonetic composition in fact don’t contain 音符()おんぷ in its original form. For example, is said to use 弗 as its phonetic component. It’s likely due to historical evolution and simplification.

So I wonder, if there is any extension that shows the original form of kanji?