[Userscript] Fast Vocab Breakdown

Perfect! Thank you again!

1 Like

I love this script so much.

Kumirei, i know you have a million scripts to fix, but please don’t forget about this one.

1 Like

Yep, it’s on my list! I’ll hopefully get to it next week

2 Likes

I do have request that is very similar which may be a good option for this script.

On kanji cards, showing the radical breakdown, just as you show the kanji breakdown for vocab cards may be very helpful for some.

I’ve done it on my anki deck and it’s been very useful in reinforcing the radicals and especially for the first few learning steps when I am really relying on the stories to remind me of the meanings.

Just an idea - thank you!

1 Like

Next week came and passed, but it should be working now

Great idea! Not sure how I didn’t include that from the beginning… Anyway, this is now an option in the settings.

3 Likes

Having some trouble getting this to work - I have the latest WKOF if that matters. I dont have any reviews to try it on but it’s not coming up in extra study and I’m unable to configure any of the options (fast vocab breakdown isnt showing up) from either the dashboard or the reviews.

1 Like

Can you please confirm that you are on version 1.1.3? Sometimes it takes a bit before greasyfork actually starts giving you the right version

Sure am. I manually updated from the link, and restarted chrome and double checked just to be sure.

1 Like

It’s working for me… Can you check the console (F12) for errors?

Ah, I just noticed that I didn’t update the URLs where the script runs, so it’s just not running on the right pages. Version 1.1.5 should work. (1.1.4 made it work on lessons as well, which I had forgotten about)

1 Like

Works great now!

1 Like

Minor css issue. Items overlapping:

Also, small suggestion. Perhaps as a setting. I like the kanji/radicals being there, particularly for kanji.
The modification I made, if interested at all:

// Finds and inserts the kanji info when an incorrect answer is submitted
    function insert_info(itemId) {
        let pieces = [];
        items[itemId].data.component_subject_ids.forEach((id) => {
            items[id].data.meanings.forEach((meaning) => {
                if (meaning.primary) {
                    debugger;
                    pieces.push(items[id].data.characters + ": " + meaning.meaning);
                }
            })
        })
        elem.innerText = pieces.join(', ');
        elem.classList.remove('hidden')
    }

look at that, I left debuggers in yet again

2 Likes

Thanks for the CSS report. Having the kanji there is a good idea as well. I’ll consider adding that

1 Like

Updated the CSS, thank you for that. Still considering whether to add the Kanji/Radicals as an option. It’s great for the kanji breakdown (into radicals), but for vocab the kanji meanings are in the order they appear anyway

I will say, I dig it

Sometimes I get a “null” where a radical should go though.

2 Likes

This might be asking too much, but what would make this script wildly useful is if the vocab breakdowns were clickable links to the kanji pages.

The fact that I have to show info>expand info>and scroll all the way down to kanji composition now to review a forgotten kanji is wasting valuable review time

1 Like

That’s because some radicals are represented by images, not characters, and that’s not supported in the alteration

1 Like

I’ll consider it

1 Like

I love it, thanks!

1 Like

I noticed that today. Not sure why I didn’t think of that when I did it. Was going to fix, but didn’t have time. Now I need to wait for another null to come up.

1 Like