[Userscript]: Double-Check (Version 2.x)

Same, here, I think it has to do with the script compatibility mode being discontinued (Removing Legacy Reviews). So a lot of scripts just broke because of that, including this one.

1 Like

Same here :frowning: I love this script too :frowning:

2 Likes

Are there any alternative scripts that still work for avoiding typos?

2 Likes

Turning off the compatibility mode seemed to fix the issue for me. I didn’t even know it was turned on.

9 Likes

This is actually working fine for me, just did some reviews which included an item with multiple readings.
I’m using firefox. Let me know if there’s any other info I can give
EDIT: I also have compatibility mode off

3 Likes

Thank you!
I was surprised that it now works with compatibility mode turned off but not when turned on.

What a relief—I was worried I would have to start being careful about not making typos.

5 Likes

I had the above-mentioned behaviour which kept me from doing reviews but after turning off compatibility mode it works as expected again :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m gonna try turning it off. Funny, because WK warned me during my reviews that I had scripts that might not work without compatibility mode on, and I was like “isn’t it on?” and yeah it was. Well, I’ll turn it off and see in like an hour. :smiley:

Edit: Yeah, turning it off worked wonders. :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve spent too much time trying to figure out the problem described above. I turned the compatibility mode off and it seems to be working fine now… weird

4 Likes

Confirmed. Turning script compatibility mode OFF fixed it for me, which is really weird because I thought script compatibility mode was gone now. Why is there still a switch for it?

2 Likes

Probably because this last little bit will take a little time. Review stuff only disappeared today.

1 Like

Turning script compatibility off for me did not fix it. Please tell me that someone has either a different script that lets me undo typos or what the hell I can turn off to make this website work. Not keen on spending 5 hours to do my reviews because I have to check every single word for typos.

1 Like

Try turning off pitch info while compatibility mode is off :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Thanks! It still bugs out a bit (replaying audio instead of moving on), but overall functionality seems to be back

edit: if I hit enter again, the audio replays, but if I hit enter a third time, it moves on to the next item and lets me type.

2 Likes

That sometimes happens to me too, but glad it’s working for you again!

Additionally what worked for me was turning off niai similar kanji and anki mode :dizzy:

3 Likes

Dang, that sounds like a lot to have tested out お疲れ様です!

2 Likes

Turning off compatibility mode does not fix the bug for me.

And OMG that made reviews exceedingly painful.

@Mods “Mistake Delay” along with the ability to quickly fix typos, which happens to me every single review session is absolutely fundamental to efficient reviews. When my brain says X but my fingers type Y, I find that a perfectly acceptable reason to fix my fingers. WK shouldn’t be typing practice and when you’ve been doing this as long as I have hitting the return key “too soon” becomes absolute habit. The author of this userscript recognized this and graciously provided a solution.

Any chance that there’s any internal discussion about this breakage and a pending fix?

1 Like

Have you tried turning off other scripts see if they are a problem? Sometimes scripts interfere with each other. Could also be worth doing a force reload/delete cache, just in case stuff stuck around.

1 Like

Hmm, I updated the script, which hadn’t been updated in over 500 days cause the don’t fix what’s not broken rule. :slight_smile:

A review session of only 4 items seemed to maybe work better? Compatibility mode was still off, which put an ugly banner on the screen. I’ll try again with a larger review pile in a few hours.

Hey there skatefriday! Unfortunately, we don’t have any control over the functionality of user scripts or third party apps. We try to let script developers in on changes to our API/code base before we make them, like our update about removing Script Compatibility Mode, but we can’t guarantee our updates won’t break certain scripts. The best thing to do is to reach out to the script developer directly (if they are still around) or see if there are any solutions in the WK thread itself, which is what you’re doing right now!

-Nick at WK

1 Like