[Userscript]: Anime Context Sentences

I’ve seen this sentence in the database before but I kept it because the audio and subtitles are actually accurate.

Also, min_length and max_length parameters have been public for a while if the script can be updated with default restrictions on max_length. Documentation here.

2 Likes

Wow this is epic… but I’m totally ñot into any sort of programming… i use kakumei for WK oon my phone, can i addthis feature? Also , does it have kuroshitsuji?

This is super useful, many thanks! I never thought something like this would be doable due to copyright.

No, it does not.

As far as I can tell, the user scripts only work for desktop browsers given that they depend on a browser extension.

Hey, not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but the settings icon is not working for me. (It shows it can be clicked, but nothing happens when I click it. All of the Ghibli context sentences work normally however)
(I am using Chrome for better context)

Thanks

Do you have Open Framework installed?

1 Like

THAT’S it! I had it working on my work computer, so I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why it wasn’t working on my home computer. Somehow OpenFramework slipped my mind. Thank you very much!

1 Like

What are the magic words to have the regular context sentences display correctly again? I don’t have this problem on my home computer, but I turned the script back on on my work computer and it shows all the code in the normal context sentences

I’m not sure what issue you’re experiencing.

By regular context sentences are you referring to this userscript?

While I have a similar script installed (but not that one it looks like), the vanilla context sentences are what I’m talking about

It only started doing this when I reactivated anime context for reviews

What other scripts do you have? And which browser are you using?

My current working config on Chrome:

1 Like

I’m using Chrome and I’ll need 12 min for new reviews to show what I actively use in reviews :sweat_smile:

Here’s what I have active

Try toggling “Advanced Context Sentence” and “Wanikani Show Context Sentence”?

1 Like

I should have saved some reviews… Will give it a go in 27 min

You probably still have the outdated version of Advanced Context Sentence installed on your work computer.

1 Like

Thank you! That’s probably it!

Noticed a kanji being displayed as the han variant. Could you wrap the sentences in <span lang="ja"></span>? That worked for another script with the same issue. Or is that some misconfiguration on my end somewhere?

Anyway, thanks for making this - one of the coolest additions to Wanikani!

Seems fine with my config.

Which browser are you using?

1 Like

psdcon, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to make this. It has really helped me remember vocab words better, and see how they’re used in actual conversations. 本当にありがとうございました!