[userscript]: Additional resource links + Stroke Order

Hmm, so by fixing something I broke something else. I’m almost tempted to fiddle with it some more…

embe said…
No, it’s already loaded when I press F button for more information.
 You might find that it works ok for the first kanji you get but then if
you get another one it won’t load until you click the button. I need to change the way it decides if the diagram is already there or not. The current way is a bit kludgy even when it does work.

Rincewind said…
Hmm, so by fixing something I broke something else. I’m almost tempted to fiddle with it some more…
 Happy fiddling :slight_smile:

Rincewind said... Hmm, so by fixing something I broke something else. I'm almost tempted to fiddle with it some more..
 If you are fiddling with it anyway, and you have some Kanji reviews or lesson, could you try this version if you feel that way inclined? It doesn't use that nasty boolean flag to tell if the digram is already there.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/13888-wanikani-additional-resource-links-stroke-order-autoload-bet...

Thanks.

Will do

Rincewind said... Will do
 Much appreciated :)

Seems to work now yes. Can’t comment on whether it works during lessons since I don’t have any, but reviews and Kanji pages are good.

Thanks! Much appreciated

Rincewind said... Seems to work now yes. Can't comment on whether it works during lessons since I don't have any.

Thanks!
 Ah, nice.  I'll add this stuff to the main version when I have tidied up a couple of other things in it.

Thanks for checking it.

This… is… AWESOME!
Thank you so much for making this, it was definitely needed. :smiley:

crow said... This... is... AWESOME!
Thank you so much for making this, it was definitely needed. :D
 Ah, thanks. You're welcome.

I’m loving it too. Wheeee!

Sidenote: the community here is so amazing. I’m standing on the shoulders of giants here: people have canalized so many wonderful ways to study better and learn more (in this case, creating free dictionaries and stroke order diagrams; learning to use these together with WK to learn more effectively; and then bundling it all into an app), and I’m benefitting from them. What a privilege! Thank you everybody!

Nov 22 2015: Update with Auto stroke order loading option and easy to set preferences.

See main post.

hoovard said... Nov 22 2015: Update with Auto stroke order loading option and easy to set preferences.

See main post.
 Another wonderful update! Looks like it's working well on my end :) Thank you so much!

And since it seems relevant to people who like using this script, I'll share here. Most probably know that jisho.org has that really convenient bookmarklet where you can highlight a word on a webpage, click the bookmark, and it'll pop up a new window with the search result. I like the way it works and how simple it is (rikaikun/chan can just be too much), so I edited it a little bit so I could have one for ALC and goo too :-)

So you can highlight a word, hit the bookmark, and it will look like this:

or just click the bookmark and and enter something. 

For anyone who wants, I put the bookmark URLs in this pastebin: here. You just need to create a new bookmark and use them as the URLs (I don’t usually use weblio but I think weblio has its own chrome extension. I threw them in anyways). You can easily edit the way it works and how it looks to your liking though! 

sirvorn said......

And since it seems relevant to people who like using this script, I'll share here. Most probably know that jisho.org has that really convenient bookmarklet where you can highlight a word on a webpage, click the bookmark, and it'll pop up a new window with the search result. I like the way it works and how simple it is (rikaikun/chan can just be too much), so I edited it a little bit so I could have one for ALC and goo too :-)

For anyone who wants, I put the bookmark URLs in this pastebin: here. You just need to create a new bookmark and use them as the URLs (I don't usually use weblio but I think weblio has its own chrome extension. I threw them in anyways). You can easily edit the way it works and how it looks to your liking though! 
 Those are great. thanks for sharing, Sirv.

Just added a small update to have a link to forvo.com in vocabulary items. Details in main post.

Now that is a nice little addition :slight_smile: Though I don’t have many reviews anymore, still got love for this script.

sirvorn said... Now that is a nice little addition :) Though I don't have many reviews anymore, still got love for this script.
 Nice, thanks sirv.

Yeah, you must be getting close to being fully burned by now.

This looks like what I’ve been looking for. ありがとうございます。

doesn’t work now:( are there any substitutions or maybe the author will fix it? seems like it is a must-have script

1 Like

Which of this script’s functionalities do you want? If it’s just the stroke order diagram, you can use the Stroke Order Diagram userscript.

1 Like

at least that, thanks! Also, I managed to fix the links by myself, so it’s like I have the full functionality:)