Upcoming Front-End Updates on WaniKani & Effect on Scripts

Request: Could there ever be a place to see when there are planned changes to WK Preview (e.g. we know we’re going to update on the 4th)

P.S. If you have any idea when the Preview site’s homepage will incorporate the removal of the Apprentice-Guru-etc. system, please let me know!

We don’t have any plans on that right now: it’d be a little meta, yeah? Like, previewing preview? Mainly, though, we keep our schedule to ourselves so we don’t dash any expectations around timing when (not if) things change.

For the dashboard and SRS changes: a while. That’s still in the “figuring it out” stage — all the work on the API was to make sure the technical foundation was in place for v2 before we retire v1.

3 Likes

I can relate to this soooo much! I wish more of the industry would focus on defining goals and achieving a great result, rather than allowing the timeline to become the primary driver. And, in my experience, if developers are given plenty of time to do a job right, future development goes faster because more of the code (and the design in general) is reusable.

7 Likes

I guess I have an excuse to learn React now.
I know my scripts may not be as popular as powerhouses like rfindley, but I have some popular ones and big dreams. I enjoy discovering and creating for people.
I also think that encouraging userscripts and the API in general are great ways of encouraging interaction among users. If it wasn’t for the API and Third Party category I’d be pretty much a ghost on the forums.

3 Likes

It’s a lot of the reason I still bother to sign in… and then when I do, instead, there’s an update on (insert Campfire thread name here) instead