TUGUMI 🌅 (Intermediate Book Club)

Hello! I’m looking forward to participating in the book club - つぐみ looks like an interesting and relatively easy read, and it’s my first time doing one of the Wanikani book clubs! I might end up reading ahead, for forewarning, haha.

3 Likes

Bought my Kindle copy yesterday. I am gonna try to finish Bunny Girl Senpai in the next couple weeks.

1 Like

Alright. I’m ready. Though I’m also playing a couple VNs in Japanese so… hopefully I can keep up

3 Likes

Book club books are easier for me because I can do like a few pages at a time. I’m doing Danganronpa V3 right now too. So I feel you.

Oh Danganronpa is such a gem!

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our first week of TUGUMI! :blush:

7 Likes

I started a bit early because I wasn’t sure of the difficulty, but I just finished the first chapter and I’m very interested in reading further! I’m going to reread the first chapter this week because some descriptive writing is unclear for me.

5 Likes

Glad To hear you like it so far!
Please feel free to ask any questions regarding unclear sentences (or anything else) in the corresponding weekly thread.

2 Likes

I just started reading. Is there a vocab list started? Those are always so helpful!

3 Likes

We usually don’t have vocab lists in the Intermediate book clubs, but if you want to start one, I’m happy to link to it in the threads. You can find a template in the Tips for Running a WaniKani Book Club.

2 Likes

I will, once I have access to my laptop. I left mine on a friend’s boat yesterday, so it’ll be a few days before I can get it back.

I’ll start it then unless anyone else has already done so. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can contribute with a bit from pages 3-5 as I listed words I didn’t know quite intensively while I was on a plane.

If life calms down a bit I could try starting one, but I only have 4 days before my next work trip and a 2 page to-do list :grimacing:

3 Likes

I started a vocab sheet! It’s here: つぐみ Vocab - Google Sheets

4 Likes

I know it’s a bit early for next week’s thread, but I will be out and about from tonight until Sunday, so I decided to post the new thread a bit earlier.

Also, a big Thank You to @kusuri who started a vocab list! :bowing_woman: I added links to all threads. Please use and/or contribute to the sheet if you like :blush:

4 Likes

I went to add a couple of things but my page numbers seem off - I have the physical hardback copy. Would you like me to add without the page numbers? Also, are you happy if I edit a little? (Eg for page 19, which is my page 17, 背すじをのばす seems to be a phrase).

In that case you can add another page number column (with an appropriate heading) and add your page numbers for when you add words.

1 Like

Of course! Please edit as much as you’d like! And thank you. :slight_smile:

Here is week 3:

2 Likes

On to week 4!

3 Likes

Welcome to week 5!

4 Likes