The 0/0 Streak Challenge

The last few months I’ve kept up with reviews but pretty much stopped lessons because I’ve been focusing on grammar and reading in the absolute beginner book club. I think I missed 0/0 last level because of the slow pace. My first burns are coming up soon though, so I’m making a push to level up before then.

Nobody look at how long I’ve been on this level :flushed:. I swear my pace used to be 10-14 days per level.

12 Likes

Oh wow, been slow this level! :caught_durtling:
I’m Durtling hard! :durtle_noice:

I had zero zero earlier too, when I just finished the radicals. I forgot to post.
So here is my official level 8 post, with a streak of 8/8! :durtle_love:

13 Likes

5 streak :slight_smile:

13 Likes

0/0 on level 29
Current streak: 11

13 Likes

Missed 0/0 last level, but here it is again for level 41:

14 Likes

16 Likes

Level: XIX
Streak: XII

15 Likes

Thanks for your reply! What you say makes perfect sense and to be honest I have some japanese stuff at home - mostly Haikyuu!! related, but I have some 86 light novels too. :slight_smile: But I will look into that userscript you mentioned as it sounds interesting too.

I’m not very familiar with those yet and I plan to utilize them more in my learning process because so many others have mentioned them and I’m still clueless when it comes to those; this might be the perfect opportunity to dive into that pool of opportunities.

+1 for listening for words I’ve learned so far, I totally do that too! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

16 Likes

I’ve actually leveled up quite a while ago, but with other activities it took me several days to finally reach 0/0 :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Level 11 check-in. Wow is all I can say so far. It was an abrupt change in intensity from 10 to 11, perhaps it has to do with tweaking my schedule. Regardless, I felt like I really had to earn it this time. Satisfying.

16 Likes

Guess that’s a streak of 2… or is it of 1? How do you even count streaks?
Expect me, level 60.

13 Likes

Streak: 3

Wow, end of level 2 I set vocab order to be first for level 3, and I was hit with 90 lessons upon level up! 40 were level 2’s vocab, and the rest: level 3’s vocab and radicals.

This morning I finally got through it all and was just hit with 90 Reviews!!!

The review was on Level 1 & 2 and the most amazing thing was that I was able to recall everything from Level 1!! I only struggled with 力, I was easily recalling the Kun’Yomi, and struggled with the On’Yomi for about 3 mins, and I was like “why am I thinking it’s Ricky and rocks…” and I just tried りき and it worked!!!
I’m really blown away about how I was able to recall all the On’Yomi for level 1 kanji after more than a week (10 days), no errors. WOW.
This system REALLY DOES WORK!!!

16 Likes

It’s been more than a year but I’m finally able to post in this thread again!!! Yay! :confetti_ball:

16 Likes

Got my 0/0 for level 10 too. I think that makes a streak of 4.

14 Likes

2 in a row woo! feeling way more in control now - going a bit slower and doing more vocab as I go instead of doing all kanji then vocab.
almost at the half way mark :smiley:

14 Likes

レベル: 十五
十五レベルの連続

13 Likes

Third in a row since my reset.

14 Likes

Just in time to find out there’s been kanji retroactively added to level 40!

13 Likes

Streak 3

Finally got the remaining Kanji lessons for Level 3. If all goes well, I should reach Level 4 in 3 days.

Does anyone know if I must Guru these Kanji first in order to get the remaining lvl 3 vocab lessons?
I really didn’t like that I had to do 40 Vocab lessons from Level 2, right as I leveled up to 3.
It was too much.

12 Likes