The 0/0 Streak Challenge

level 10 - 0:0
Sooo I’m at the last level of the pleasant category and about to enter the realm of pain. I can’t say that I’m not nervous at all, but hey, the journey continues and I’m looking forward to it. :slight_smile:
I hope everyone enjoys their wanikani journey as much as I do; please send some encouraging words from the area I’m about to enter! :slight_smile:
A huge thanks to all who liked and commented on my previous 0:0 posts, your support is highly appreciated! <3

13 Likes

Again about a month since my last post, but the end is finally approaching :eyes:

15 Likes

I can already feel the flood of reviews tomorrow

11 Likes

I’m getting very slow at leveling up. I might really join Team Snail on Vacation after all. XD
Anyways, level 28, streak of 17!

13 Likes

0/0 for the glorious level 42:

13 Likes

14 Likes

That’s 6 in a row. Can’t believe I’m basically a quarter of the way there (excluding how the fast levels work). The last 6 months have really flown by lol. The community definitely helps keep me motivated. Thanks everyone

16 Likes

Challenge completed for level 45.
Seems like my motivation is finally back. Doing both lessons and reviews feels a lot easier and been completing them much faster. Must also be that I’m getting more used to japanese, feels way more natural to understand.

13 Likes

That’s 3 in a row. I think this is the first level I learned Kanji that don’t have associated vocab. I remember reading about this in level 60 posts months ago; crazy to think that I’m there now.
I have respect for everyone who can take the fast levels in 3 days. I couldn’t.

10 Likes

I haven’t heard of this before and it sounds strange to me. I know WK is for learning kanji and not vocab, but surely if the kanji is useful there are somewhat common words that use it? Have they just not gotten around to adding the vocab for these kanji yet?

1 Like

To name an example.
You also learn the nanori reading, so I guess we learn it because it’s common in names.

3 Likes

Oh, interesting. You’re right: jisho says “Jinmeiyō kanji, used in names” about that kanji. Other than that there are some uncommon / out of date uses.

I’m pretty sure I haven’t learned any Nanori readings yet. It’ll be a while.

3 Likes

レベル: 十六
十六レベルの連続

12 Likes

Level 39 0/0 :heart:

After nearly a month, I am back to 0/0 :slightly_smiling_face:

This is officially my longest and hardest level so far. It will be close to a month by the time I will be done with this level.

Most days I just went through reviews and didn’t even start any lessons. While my motivation/energy definitely took a massive hit. I stuck with it :raised_hands:

One step at a time :crossed_fingers: 進め

14 Likes

13 in a row!

14 Likes

Challenge completed for level 46.
I actually finished it yesterday but forgot to post it.

17 Likes

Three quarters of the way there!

17 Likes

14 Likes

Level: XXI
Streak: XIV

15 Likes

The last push :checkered_flag:

17 Likes