The 🤼 プロレス thread! Learning Japanese through pro wrestling

Finished the Suzume and Arisu portion shockingly fast! I decided I’m just gonna go ahead and post it because I surprisingly don’t think I have any questions?? Either I’m getting better, or my brain has blended into soup and I can no longer tell what’s right or wrong :sweat_smile:.

The video and the transcript are the same links as the previous post.

Endo: “Since we formed a tag team as Daisy Monkey, we’ve challenged for the tag belts together, and participated in the tag tournament together, but I’m the one who always loses at the end. I think that’s really frustrating for both of us. I’ve thought time after time that my own strength isn’t enough. I started to think that I had to win on my own, and I finally got my first singles victory not too long ago. And just when I’d started to feel a little more confident in myself, this singles match with Suzume-san was set. I was a bit surprised, but even though we’re tag partners, she’s also someone I want to surpass. I’m going to give it everything I’ve got and get the victory.”

Suzume: “First of all, I’m so, so happy that we’ll be in the opening match at such a big show and a big venue for TJPW. I’ve recently had a lot of people talk to me about Arisu, saying things like, ‘Arisu, she’s really gotten stronger, huh?’, and they’re right, but she has always been really strong, and she’s amazing. She was a great junior when she debuted, and before I knew it, she was standing alongside me, or maybe she’s even run out ahead of me now. As her senpai, I should be saying that I can’t afford to lose here, and I should be thinking that, but honestly I think that I won’t know until we have the match. There are complicated feelings in a confrontation between tag partners, both for the wrestlers themselves and for the people watching. But for me, it’s not because she’s my junior or my partner. It’s a simple story: which of us is stronger right now, Arisu Endo? That’s all.”

Namba: “I would like to ask some questions for both of you. Do you have any comments about being in the first match at a big show at Ariake Coliseum?”

Endo: “It’s the first match, huh? I think the first match will have a lot of eyes on it, so Daisy Monkey’s power? I want to show them that.”

Suzume: “Even though we’re opponents, we’re thrilled that we’ll be starting things off. There are a lot of matches on the card after us, but we’ll be on first to kick things off, so please get excited!”

Namba: “Yuka Sakazaki vs Mizuki in the main event, and Miu Watanabe vs Rika Tatsumi are also matches between tag partners, so is that something you’re aware of?”

Endo: “That’s true, isn’t it? I am aware of that. I think that our senpais, MagiRabbi and Daydream, are the strongest tag teams, so we want to work hard so that Daisy Monkey will also be considered one of the strongest teams.”

Suzume: “As Arisu said, I think in the strongest tag teams, each member is the strongest opponent for their respective partners. So I think by fighting each other, we can learn more and more about each other, and we’ll also be able to become even stronger as Daisy Monkey.”

Namba: “For Arius Endo, what kind of mood were you in when you came dressed like this today?”

Endo: “That’s an actual question? I’m dressed properly! I wore a proper jacket, too, and I came dressed to attend a press conference. Formal wear? Formal?”

Interviewer: “You were Arisu Endo’s debut opponent. How have you seen her grow in the two years that you’ve been at her side?”

Suzume: “As everyone can see, she’s grown a whole lot. But the part of her that I respect the most hasn’t changed since her debut match. She gives 100% of her power and beyond. I remember being surprised by that as her opponent at the time, and I’ve felt that grow even stronger as I’ve been watching her over the past two years. It’s an aspect of her that grows more and more throughout the match, and it’s what I respect about her, as well as what I’m most wary of.”

Interviewer: “What do you respect the most about Suzume?”

Endo: “Everything. She’s so fast that I can’t even make out her face during the match, and there are times where I can’t keep up. Is it respect, or is it longing? I guess you could call it admiration. I want to be like her, too.”

1 Like