"That looks like a typo." No! I'm actually trying to FAIL the review!

Well, if you want to get theoretical, then they actually do. In economic theory – not to mention in terms of actual, practical law – a contract is an agreement between two parties to codify an exchange of goods or services. Party A gives party B something, and party B gives party A something in exchange. A ‘contract’ where only party A gets something and party B gets nothing in return is not a valid contract (especially not under the law). So, in theory, since we’re paying customers (giving money), we are owed ‘something’ by WK. That’s the theory anyway.

But I’m not actually arguing about theory. Just pointing out that it’s not a good counter-argument to my concern that WK doesn’t pay sufficient attention to customer feedback – and, more generally, to their customer’s user-experience overall, regardless of feedback.

What about ‘inside’ of recent updates? That’s the context of my post. [Also, what you’re describing sounds like complacency to me.]

In the first paragraph, you seem to be saying that customer feedback in the forums won’t change anything. Yet in the second paragraph, you advocate for making feature requests (customer feedback) in the forums. That seems to me to be a contradiction in your assumptions.

My call for reversion is definitely justifiable, in more ways than one. In particular that this is update is an indication that there’s something fundamentally out-of-whack with their development process – like not doing basic things like releasing things in a beta format first.

Whether it’s politeness that matters? I was polite before, when the kana-only vocab was added and I expressed the same idea that they need to improve their development to avoid releasing changes without beta support or opt-out-ability:

That comment got 62 likes. Well received by the forum-goers, but ultimately – as is evident from this recent change – ignored by WK team, as they don’t even have a system to beta test even small changes like this recent one…

This time, I decided to be a bit harsher. Sometimes changing your approach to things can yield different/better results. Besides, there are additional reasons to take a harsher approach, as I’ve already listed off in comments above.

Nobody in the forums has been harmed by my tone in this post. Nobody at WK either. No one is obligated to read it if they don’t like it.

1 Like