Hello WaniKani Community!
I will study a semester abroad in a Japanese University in about a year. I have just started learning Japanese and I know the time is actually too short. However, I hope to raise my level enough to be able to take a language course there without the Teacher knowing English. (I think this is an important step in learning a language).
Of course every bit more is better.
Unfortunatly, I will not be able to take a language course at my University till May. Maybe I will be able to take a two week course at a local language school in April, but thats about it.
So I came to the conclusion that I will have to self study for half a year. I already learned Hiragana and Katakana and bought the Book and Workbook for Genki I. Moreover, I plan to listen to some Podcasts and Youtube Videos.
I think at this point using WaniKani is not the top priority and I should focus on learning grammar and getting listening skills. I plan to finish the three free chapters though.
However, depending on how it goes I am thinking about asking to get WaniKani for some months as a Chrismas present. However, I am not shure whether this is appropriate.
tl;dr: My Study plan:
- Use Genki and some Youtube Videos to study japanese & finish the first three chapters on WaniKani
- maybe get a WaniKani subscription in January
- visit a two week course in April & a University course from May till August
Some questions I have:
- Do you think this will be enough to reach my goal? Do you have any suggestions?
- Is using WaniKani reasonable in my situation?
- If yes, which level do you recommend I should aim for?
Thank you for your answers