[STATS] Statistics site

I’ll keep this on the list of things to look into. Thanks!

I guess this is a bug report, but I have no idea how it happened.

I just got to level 16 in what I think might have been just over 7 days, but when I look at the stats site, it says that level 15 took about 10 days, and the level before took about 3 days.

So it looks like somehow ~3 days from my previous level got shifted to the most recent one.

Try clicking “Force Refresh” which you can find by clicking your name. If that doesn’t work, it will probably resolve itself after you do your radicals for the new level.

It does seem that it takes getting an item to Guru for it to update.

Yup, that did it. Thanks!

Still curious as to why this happens though. :thinking:

Thanks so much for this! It’s a huge motivator.

I just love those JLPT/Joyo/Frequency charts too!
Except for being motivational, there’s a thing about them - they look like it rains kanji : )

It would be nice if I could hide “Burn”, “Enlightened”; or showing only “Apprentice”. Otherwise, is there a way to Ctrl+F by colors?

Hm I wonder if this is an error with the stats site or WK

It changed like this as soon as I leveled up, the before duration was correct

1 Like

If you go up and click on your username and choose the force refresh option that usually fixes it.

Or after you do your first reviews from the new level + force refresh.

It’s related to how the level-up calculations work. It’s a bit tricky because:

• WK doesn’t provide any info about when you leveled up, so I have to make an educated guess based on the unlock times of radicals, and radical unlock dates don’t show up until you actually do the lessons.
  • It has to account for a few radicals that have changed level in the past
  • Some levels don’t have radicals, so I have to make assumptions base on when last-level vocabulary unlocks

So, yeah… things get a little goofy sometimes :slight_smile:

And there’s also a cache bug that I haven’t found yet, which can be fixed by the Force Refresh that others have mentioned.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s fixed now. I still don’t understand why it was the level before the level I finished that got shortened, since it already knew when I went from level 12 to 13, but I guess that’s somehow a result of it knowing that I leveled up but not knowing when

Not being able to tell you had started a new level, the stat site kept ticking time onto your previous level. Then when it was able to properly calculate it, it changed it to the proper times. I think that’s what’s going on anyway.

I found the bug that was changing your Level 12. Thanks for posting!!

[The Level 13 thing is normal… no way to fix that one :slight_smile: ]

2 Likes

Done!
Now you can click on an SRS category to hide items in that category.

15 Likes

Have I told you lately, that I love you?

1 Like

On Copy+Paste into Pages or MS Word, can you add a spacebar or something between vocabs on your end? It would help in killing leeches.

@rfindley Is there any reason for the all the tabs (JLPT, Vocab, Kanji, etc.) not to share the same status? If I unselect Apprentice on one tab, I’d expect it to carry through to the other tabs.

I considered making it share across tabs, but didn’t know how people would be using it. Would you prefer that it shares even across Joyo, JLPT, Freq, too? Also, should I make it save your last settings automatically?

I’m also wondering how many people use this on Mobile. The shading on the items makes it render VERY slow on mobile… but it looks so pretty :-). I can turn off the shading easily, but didn’t know if I should for mobile users’ sake. Maybe I’ll post some pictures with and without shading.