StatKani - Data visualizations for WaniKani

I’m 90% sure this is happening because WK removed a word a few days ago, which is causing the cache to be off by one. I’ll fix this soon, but until then, logging out and logging back in should work as a temporary fix :+1:

It was actually supposed to work like that from the start, but I mistakenly used a session cookie that gets deleted when you close your browser. I never close my browser so I never noticed :sweat_smile: I just pushed a change that should fix this, let me know if it works :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

so, its finally time to say goodbye to wkstats :smiley:

great website, thanks for your time to set it up!!!

3 Likes

Oh this is great! Love seeing my best streak/current one, bit more painful to see how long it should take me to complete the 60 levels but also a good indicator on what a reasonable pace is - I have one year, four months and 25 days left according to this, and so much left to learn

3 Likes

it would be great also to include % errors per level

similar in what we get wtih workloadgraph script, so we can in one page see how our reviews are advancing.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to access the site today :frowning: It loaded 89% of my reviews and then failed.

chrome_UE8cRBMSe3

1 Like

The site won’t load my reviews today. At first it got stuck at 90%, later when I retried it got stuck at 87% and now at 84%. It seems the more reviews I do the more it fails to load?

I have the same issues as above.

1 Like

I just tried on a tool that I’m writing and it has the CORS headers there. In fact it has been updated because it allows POST requests from any domain now which I’m sure it didn’t a month ago.

(Also, StatKani worked for me without any issue just now.)

1 Like

Yes, it works for me now too, it looks like OP fixed whatever was wrong, or else it was intermittent

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed response, it’s been a busy week :sneezing_face:

I haven’t pushed any code to the site for a month, so I definitely didn’t fix anything :sweat_smile: I’ll look into it more if it crops up again, but I’m hoping it was a temporary bug caused by the update @doncr mentioned.

You might be hitting the API rate limit, in which case data loading can pause for up to 60 seconds. This should realistically only happen if it’s your first time visiting the site, as future visits use the cached data.

If it’s getting stuck for over a minute, would you mind sending a screenshot of your console showing the errors? (Right Click > Inspect > Console Tab)

4 Likes

No worries! Based on the responses to this thread it looks like maybe there was an issue w/ the update that auto resolved. It works for me now

3 Likes

Cross-Origin Request Blocked (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing).

1 Like

This is great! I’m able to see the break I had, current streak, and longest streak. It also has a fantastic presentation.

I see there’s a reading section that isn’t available though. What will that section look like when it’s implemented?

2 Likes

Hmm, seems like this problem just randomly crops up. I’m finding it difficult to debug since I can’t reproduce it, but I’ll try again :+1:

That section was going to show your kanji coverage of various books, so people could pick material that’s suited to their current level. But I came across Natively, which does a similar thing but better so that section is probably going to get dropped :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You’re right that it’s difficult to reproduce. I tried this on another computer and it’s fine. Both computers are Windows 10. The one where it didn’t work was using Firefox, the one that works is Chrome, both latest versions.

2 Likes

Oh I see! Either way I like what you’ve done and thanks for the info!

I haven’t heard of Natively before. I’m looking for the website but not finding it. Could you share a link please?

3 Likes

Sure, this is the link to the website → Natively. There’s also a discussion thread with more info, link here → Introducing Natively.

2 Likes

The problem had resolved itself, but now it’s getting stuck again, at decreasing percentages of reviews every time I try again after doing reviews.
Here’s the errors screenshot:

statkani

Issues:

1 Like

Does this not work anymore? :frowning:

Hey, I haven’t touched this project in a while, but it still works for me. Other users had reported some errors with CORS, but I never got around to fixing them because I couldn’t reproduce the error. :smiling_face_with_tear:

Are the errors you’re getting similar to the ones mentioned previously? (e.g. in the message just above yours)