Spy x Family volume 7 thread

Welcome to Volume 7 of Spy x Family!

I plan to keep one thread per volume, with a weekly post checking participation etc.

|Home Thread|Spy x Family Offshoot

Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Week 1 13th May Mission 38 9-32 24
Week 2 20th May Mission 39 33-56 24
Week 3 27th May Mission 40 57-82 26
Week 4 3rd June Mission 41 83-110 28
Week 5 10th June Mission 42 111-134 24
Week 6 17th June Mission 43 135 -156 22
Week 7 24th June Mission 44 157-184 28
Week 8 1st July Short Mission 4 185-192 8

Vocabulary

Iā€™ve decided to use the original book club vocab sheet and keep adding to this.

Note as pointed out last volume, itā€™s not currently being updated, but Iā€™ll keep it here for reference.

Spy x Family vocab sheet

Please read the guidelines on the first page before adding any words.

Discussion Guidelines

Everybody should feel free to post and ask questionsā€“itā€™s what makes book clubs fun! But please do not post until you are familiar with Spoiler Courtesy!

Spoiler Courtesy

Please follow these rules to avoid inadvertent 惍ć‚æ惐惬. If youā€™re unsure whether something should have a spoiler tag, err on the side of using one.

1. Any potential spoiler for the current weekā€™s reading need only be covered by a spoiler tag. Predictions and conjecture made by somebody who has not read ahead still falls into this category.
  2. Any potential spoilers for external sources need to be covered by a spoiler tag and include a label (outside of the spoiler tag) of what might be spoiled. These include but are not limited to: other book club picks, other books, games, movies, anime, etc. I recommend also tagging the severity of the spoiler (for example, I may still look at minor spoilers for something that I donā€™t intend to read soon).
  3. Any information from later in the book than the current weekā€™s reading (including trigger warnings that havenā€™t yet manifested) needs to be hidden by spoiler tags and labeled as coming from later sections.
Instructions for Spoiler Tags

Click the cog above the text box and use either the ā€œHide Detailsā€ or ā€œBlur Spoilerā€ options. The text which says ā€œThis text will be hiddenā€ should be replaced with what you are wishing to write. In the case of ā€œHide Detailsā€, the section in the brackets that is labelled ā€œSummaryā€ can be replaced with whatever you like also (i.e, [details=ā€Chapter 1, Pg. 1ā€]).

Hide Details results in the dropdown box like below:

Example

This is an example of the ā€œHide Detailsā€ option.

The ā€œBlur Spoilerā€ option will simply blur the text it surrounds.

This is an example of the ā€œBlur Spoilerā€ option.

Posting Advice
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number, and check before posting that your question hasnā€™t already been asked. As the threads get longer, it becomes more convenient to use the Search function, which is located in the upper right corner of the forum. It is the magnifying glass which is near your profile picture! The best way to search is usually to type part of the sentence you are confused about, and select ā€œin this topicā€. This will show you all posts within the current thread which has that string of text.

• Be sure to join the conversation! Itā€™s fun, and itā€™s what keeps these book clubs lively! Thereā€™s no such thing as a stupid question! We are all learning here, and if the question has crossed your mind, thereā€™s a very good chance it has crossed somebody elseā€™s also! Asking and answering questions is a great learning opportunity for everyone involved, so never hesitate to do so!

If necessary, include an explanation of any discrepancies in the Ebook page numbers from physical page numbers. If there is an easy shortcut for some ebook versions to relate back to physical page numbers, it would be worth it to include it as a third bullet here, or if you want to use chapter page numbers instead of volume page numbers, as is the case with some manga. For example:
Example

For the Kindle version of this manga, the page numbers and the location number are always 3 apart. If you subtract 3 from the location, this will give you the accurate page number!

OR

Please use the chapter page numbers, instead of the volume page numbers. These are located in between the panels!

Participation

Will you be reading along with us this week?

• Iā€™m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • Iā€™m reading this book after the club has finished
  • Iā€™m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If youā€™ve already read this book but are still going to join the discussion, please select ā€œI have read this part.ā€

Donā€™t forget to set this thread to Watching in order to stay abreast of discussion!

3 Likes

Reading Mission 39 this week!

• Iā€™m reading along
  • Iā€™m still reading the book but I havenā€™t reached this part yet

0 voters

*If youā€™ve already read this book but are still going to join the discussion, please select ā€œI have finished this partā€.

3 Likes

Reading Mission 40 this week!

• Iā€™m reading along

0 voters

*If youā€™ve already read this book but are still going to join the discussion, please select ā€œI have finished this partā€.

2 Likes

I thought it was gonna turn into a self fulfilled prophecy somehow, but I guess he really was about to die due to Yorā€™s food? Savage killer even when sheā€™s a cook!
Also Loidā€™s reasoning for Bond helping him is so funny

2 Likes
Mission 40 spoilers

Was nice to have Bond as the main character for a chapter. I also thought it was going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy but with something inoffensive covering Bondā€™s eyes. Not sure if he was actually going to die from Yorā€™s food, but maybe just pass out?

Fun chapter!

2 Likes

Mission 40 was adorable, I love Bond

3 Likes

Reading Mission 41 this week!

• Iā€™m reading along

0 voters

3 Likes

Reading Mission 42 this week!

• Iā€™m reading along

0 voters

3 Likes

Apologies that Iā€™m not very active in the thread currently, and also behind! Iā€™m on a road trip/ dive boat/ road trip/ dive boat/ road trip sort of scenario for a couple of months. Which is fine (actually good) but my time is unpredictable and for the next few weeks my wifi is too!

Reading Mission 43 this week!

• Iā€™m reading along

0 voters

3 Likes

As above - wifi is quite limited in next few weeks. Iā€™ll be in Papua New Guinea diving for the next 2 posts (leave on 21/6) so will try to post on time, but there may be the odd delay.

3 Likes
Best page so far

Seems we are finally getting another Yor job centered chapter next week, canā€™t wait!

2 Likes

Ohh that sounds awesome, have lots of fun!

Apologies that Iā€™m not very active in the thread currently, and also behind! Iā€™m on a road trip/ dive boat/ road trip/ dive boat/ road trip sort of scenario for a couple of months. Which is fine (actually good) but my time is unpredictable and for the next few weeks my wifi is too!

Reading Mission 44 this week!

• Iā€™m reading along

0 voters

3 Likes

Iā€™ve nearly caught up but not quite. Will almost certainly catch up while on dive boat. Next weekā€™s short mission thread post may be delayed. Plan will be to start volume 8 the following week.

3 Likes

Reading Short Mission 5 this week!

• Iā€™m reading along

0 voters

3 Likes