Slooshy’s Study Log 🦑

Ah happy SNES music memories!

I’m glad you’re ok today - mint ice cream and some support makes all the difference. :grin:

3 Likes

Yessss!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you!!! I like your …uh-oh i’m nicknaming you…

I like your i2j3 Cave! :smiley: (pronounced: idge-y, like ridge + edgy) Really though, do you have a pronunciation on that? agh i am feeling like i was being rude – sorry! not trying to impose my goofball pronunciation on you xD Thank you for coming to my cave!

3 Likes

I did my reviews for today so far – only 5 lessons…but tomorrow i’ll do 20!!! :-o

4 Likes

i keepin up with the reviews!! Oh and did 20 lessons! did i already brag on that?? so happy!

5 Likes

I shamefully admit I’ve done 0 lessons for quite a while. :cold_sweat: Well done for the massive 20 lessons! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

oh man i completely hear you on “0 lessons”… :grin: I had kind of gone down to 15 lessons, thinking that high accuracy was best, but I think that my 10-15 lesson days, and then my 5-10 lesson days, were actually making things harder on me by taking away the satisfaction of leveling reasonably quickly. I’m trying a “20 lessons and damn the torpedoes” approach, based on the fact that I was able to learn even when I was getting blasted with poor accuracy scores during the 100 reviews per day catch-up period after I got 1200 reviews into the hole.

I’m cheering you on!!! I started with zero after catching up on my reviews, and eventually I started with 5 a day. Did a week or more like that before trying 10 a day! That helped me a lot to not be intimidated. :slight_smile:
Today I did just 5 lessons, yesterday 15, and…

…tomorrow will be 20 again!! I give you my word bond as a Bene Gesserit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’meowt of likes, but congratulations! :cat2:

2 Likes

(-^ - ^-) _v

1 Like

Aww thanks. :grin: I actually got 0 reviews today so I’ll try and do a lesson - I think I should try to aim at least 1 lesson a day. You keep me motivated to keep going. :+1: 20 lessons is really admirable though! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Excellent!!! Amazing! :star_struck: Definitely ! You can do it! And for getting to zero reviews:
Congratulations! Great job – you are incredible!! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Yayy!!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I did only …5 lessons today? Ten? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Definitely not 20 – that’s for tomorrow as of right now! :laughing: I’m glad that this is helping your motivation! Motivation…it’s complicated. :+1: :rainbow:

P.S.
Wooooooo 68% accuracy lolol this shows that I need to do the reviews almost as soon as they’re available… xD I waited all day today and didn’t get my drills in time to retain the readings… feeling a bit :sheep:-ish

4 Likes

Ah shucks your good for encouraging me. :blush: I managed 1 lesson yesterday and now I’m motivated to do a lesson again! I’ll take a time as I painfully write down all new kanji down a few times. :joy:

3 Likes

You’re wonderful!!! I’d like to start practicing writing these, but I’m set on reading first – so my task isn’t as demanding as yours I don’t think! I’m so happy you’re learning to write as well as you do this. That’s very powerful. :blush:

Good good good! Keep going with your daily lesson routine! That’s the best!! :cherry_blossom: :rainbow:

3 Likes

Ok!!! Super late start for my studying today but I finally did all my reviews for the morning and took 15 lessons.

That’s not twenty, I know… xD But i’m on vocab now and there’s only 13 left for level 21! :sunny:

Plus! I’m working on making my home more orderly! It’s a long process, and my wife is helping enormously. Maybe it would be most accurate to say that I’m pitching in and helping her rather than to say that she’s helping me:grimacing: …but I am helping. :two_hearts:

3 Likes

hey @Slooshy, found you here! Very inspiring!

3 Likes

Yayyyy @zaf !!! You’re inspiring me too!!! Thank you! :currency_exchange: Future travel seems possible again, and most importantly, desirable. :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

I’m just a bit extreme at times so don’t worry about writing kanji down! It is really time consuming but I love looking at all my kanji I’ve written down over time and it helps me relax. :blush: Someday you could try practising writing one or two kanji you like whenever you like to, kanji is never going to go away after all even if you decided to give it a go 5 years later! (Maybe I’ll finally be level 60 by then…) :smiley:

3 Likes

Ahhhhh this is a beautiful image. :cherry_blossom: Thank you for sharing it! I used to drill kanji (like, waayyyyy before WK was on the radar) by filling entire sheets of printer paper with a single one, or several related ones – the result really is enthralling!! At that time I was also recording some music (I’d say “original” but…lol let’s just say it wasn’t covers but maybe a multi-ply toilet paper roll of musical cliches wouldn’t be such a far off description :rofl:) so I would take the finished drill sheets and fold them into cd “cases” and tuck my mix cds inside to give to (inflict on) friends and relatives. (yes it was like that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

I am feeling more like doing that sort of thing again right now than I have in many years! I have graph paper now, for kanji drill, and even some special kanji paper and even some cute kanji-writing workbooks!

Ooooh!! :grinning: Thank you for inspiring me, @FireFairy !!! <3 <3 <3

2 Likes

Yay!!! Did zero lessons and reviews so far today, slept in, etc., but I did start laundry and make coffee~! Woot-woot!

Right now I’m looking at 91 reviews! :-o

Here’s something that feels good:

5 Likes