Script Compatibility Mode Updates Oct 7, 2021

These should have been happening more regularly, so this is a catch up post.
There will be more regular updates because these will be automatically generated from updates to the knowledge guide.

Compatibility Mode Off:

• Reverted network requests to use $.ajax instead of fetch (this change is temporary while issues with review progress being stuck are investigated)
  • Reverted stat tracking refactoring. This change modified the initial stats object for a review. Will be reintroduced later in a way that doesn’t break scripts.
  • The review input form now tracks its state internally instead of relying on DOM attributes like the presence of a class or input text being disabled

For both modes

• Vocabulary, kanji and radical objects in jStorage now have an additional field type which we use to determine the type instead of voc, rad and kan. Only non-compatibility mode uses type.
4 Likes

Ooh… I think this is something to be excited about. My biggest concern regarding the Double-Check script has always been the potential to cause bad review submissions due to changes that affect the script. I have some built-in self-checks to detect certain critical changes, but this should make it much less susceptible.

I assume this affects review submission, correct? I have a script that I use for testing, which blocks my test account from submitting reviews so that I’ll always have reviews available for testing. I’ll have to keep an eye out for this.

Thanks for the info and updates!

1 Like

I assume this affects review submission, correct? I have a script that I use for testing, which blocks my test account from submitting reviews so that I’ll always have reviews available for testing. I’ll have to keep an eye out for this.

Yeah that’s correct. I’m going to be doing another update in this area in the next few days, but trying to do it in a non-breaking way. I’ll post an update soon.

1 Like