[Request Granted as Userscript] Auto-show context sentence when answered right

SUPER! its very clean〜 thanks to you both to make this possible〜 it’s like mini-kanken game〜 everything is fine here〜

by the way the how to add edict definition thing? is separate user script? it’s nice to improve my english grammar terms which me suffer〜 //

minamixdrops said...by the way the how to add edict definition thing? is separate user script? it's nice to improve my english grammar terms which me suffer〜 //

It is WaniKani Part-of-Speech. I like that very much as well.

There is a presumably a better one by the same author, too bad it is broken: External Definition Frame Placer
patarapolw said...

It is WaniKani Part-of-Speech. I like that very much as well.

There is a presumably a better one by the same author, too bad it is broken: External Definition Frame Placer
 installed! thank you very much〜♪ im end up using part of speech above〜

I’ve updated the script to highlight the vocab word in the context sentence. The default is off, so if you want to try it, set highlightword (in line 15) to 1.

nelemnaru said... I've updated the script to highlight the vocab word in the context sentence. The default is off, so if you want to try it, set highlightword (in line 15) to 1.

If I could ask for one additional feature (change-able in script text would be fine) it would be to only show the context sentence after getting the correct answer. As of now it appears to display the sentence before you have made an answer?

I know many prefer to learn words in context like this, but as I do a lot of reading I kind of like to keep WaniKani "pure" in that sense - I would probably use Anki decks for contextual learning. So although there are a lot of things I know I would get right in context, yet can't recall in isolation - that suits me just fine!

お願いします!
ocac said...
nelemnaru said... I've updated the script to highlight the vocab word in the context sentence. The default is off, so if you want to try it, set highlightword (in line 15) to 1.

If I could ask for one additional feature (change-able in script text would be fine) it would be to only show the context sentence after getting the correct answer. As of now it appears to display the sentence before you have made an answer?

I know many prefer to learn words in context like this, but as I do a lot of reading I kind of like to keep WaniKani "pure" in that sense - I would probably use Anki decks for contextual learning. So although there are a lot of things I know I would get right in context, yet can't recall in isolation - that suits me just fine!

お願いします!
Done! That was actually OP's original request, wasn't it? But for someone who uses Lightning Mode (which automatically continues to the next question after a correct answer) there would be no chance to see the sentence. So I did what you suggested, and added an option editable in the script to show the sentence only after a correct answer.

Again, thanks for the most recent update – mark all known Kanji up to current level. It removes the excuse of not knowing the Kanji, and emphasizes WK Expansion pack / Core 10K breakdown.

Of course, I know the Kanji a little more than what WaniKani taught, but not very thoroughly. The red marker helps tell me that.

Some of the Kanji I have known are “舐嘘俺誰涙”, but the simpler way would be to copy N5 list?

But, every time the script updates, do I have to always set ‘var rescale’ to 0.75?

patarapolw said... Again, thanks for the most recent update -- mark all known Kanji up to current level. It removes the excuse of not knowing the Kanji, and emphasizes WK Expansion pack / Core 10K breakdown.

Of course, I know the Kanji a little more than what WaniKani taught, but not very thoroughly. The red marker helps tell me that.

Some of the Kanji I have known are "舐嘘俺誰涙", but the simpler way would be to copy N5 list?

But, every time the script updates, do I have to always set 'var rescale' to 0.75?
 Every update is going to overwrite your local copy so any changes you made are going to be lost of course...