📚 📚 Read Japanese Every Day Challenge - Spring 2024 🌸 🍡 🌱

5月8日 | Home post

I’m now halfway done with the last volume of アオハライド! It’s an easy manga, for sure, but I notice a definite improvement in reading speed and comprehension compared to the first volume :blush:

• アオハライド (13) (pp. 38-91)
  • DoBJG: にくい; ~にしては (48%)
18 Likes

五月八日・Home Post

Title Today Progress
:cherry_blossom: 花さかじいさん 2 pages 34%
:custard: レンタルおにいちゃん (1) 12 pages 33%
18 Likes

May 8 | Home post

I was unable to put Island :desert_island: down today. Just one more sentence! Just one more! Almost 10.000 characters today. This VN is so good!

19 Likes

I’m obviously having a forgetful week this week, I missed posting again yesterday! (I blame Hades 2 :grin:)

May 7th!
3 pages of the Orange Light Novel

May 8th!
And another 5 pages on the Orange Light Novel today (though one was mostly pictures!)

(Home Post)

19 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // May 8 :cherry_blossom: :dango: :seedling:

・ 今はもうない - Switch Back (64%)
・ 拝啓見知らぬ旦那様、離婚していただきます〈下〉(50 → 55%)

Today was busy, so just a tiny reading session.

18 Likes

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 6

5月8日 (水)

• :cn: Three Kingdoms : 3 (19-20/32)

• セーラー服と機関銃 (89-91%)

Words of the day
  • 異常者(いじょうしゃ) = deviant; weirdo. Like 変態(へんたい) or 倒錯(とうさく) (while describing people).
  • (けだもの) = brute; beast, describing people. Otherwise would be (けもの) or 野獣(やじゅう).

18 Likes

2024-05-07

:previous_track_button: Previous | :house: Home post | Next :next_track_button:

Date Name Type Amount Time
2024-05-07 :robot: 十三機兵防衛圏 :video_game: Game :arrow_forward: 2%
:computer: 0 → 2%
:hourglass_flowing_sand: 1h00m

Yesterday I tried a new game in Japanese, specifically 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim / 十三機兵防衛圏。Persona was kind of kicking my ass a bit and so I decided to try Game Gengo’s most recommended game. I’m a bit unsure on starting a new game with so many unfinished, so I’ll probably give it a week then decide between continuing this one or going back to 妖怪ウォッチ which is definitely a simpler game. Anyway, you’ll notice this is yesterday’s update, not today’s, I’ll probably play some today in bed but I don’t know how much I’ll get there, so the update on today will come tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

20 Likes

:motor_scooter: back to my home post

:star: 05月08日 Type Progress
:owl: ハリーポッタと賢者の石 prose 33% → 36%

I think I’m getting faster :thinking:

17 Likes

9 May | Study Log

:question: Title Type Natively Progress
:stew: 甘々と稲妻 2 manga 23 25% → 77%
:mage: とんがり帽子のアトリエ 1 manga 26 50% (no change)
:cat2: また、同じ夢を見ていた book 25 77% (no change)
  • More Sweetness & Lightning 2, trundling along. This manga has so much handwritten text I completely ignore lol (I’ll come back to it one day when it’s less effort). They made gyoza, it looked really nice for black and white food. Will probably finish it tonight to get ready for more food tomorrow when I start up だん飯7!
17 Likes

9th may

finished case one of ガリレオ! was right on the how but wrong on everything else so that shows me :joy: it’s weird, there’ll be pages at a time where i’ll look up maybe one word, and then a clump of ones where i’m looking at least one up every sentence. すきとも felt much more balanced than this :thinking:

also is natively having issues or is that just me? probably just me but i thought i’d ask

today’s nhk article was this one (long), plus the two やる entries in aDoIJG

words that stood out

延髄(えんずい) - medulla oblongata
百聞(ひゃくぶん)一見(いっけん)()かず - seeing is believing
(もと)()もない - losing everything, coming to nothing
糸鋸(いとのこ) - fretsaw. instant flashbacks to ace attorney and my boy gumshoe

14 Likes

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 6

5月9日 (木)

• :cn: Three Kingdoms : 3 (21-22/32)

• セーラー服と機関銃 (91-100%)

• STEINS;GATE 比翼恋理のだーりん

Words of the day
  • ()(とど)かない = inattentive; not being prudent. Also 不行(ふゆ)(とど)き.
  • (すず)なり = a cluster; a crowd of people. Looks like 神楽鈴(かぐらすず).
  • (あい)()わらぬ = unchanging; unswerving; same as always. Well, 相変(あいか)わらず.
  • 無地(むじ) = plain; patternless; solid color
  • 現象(げんしょう) = phenomenon; something merely on the surface
  • 愛想(あいそ)()かす = to fall out of love

16 Likes

May 9th!

3 pages of the Orange Light Novel today.

(Home Post)

16 Likes

It’s been having some issues for a few months (depending on what you’re trying to do), some server upgrade made loading feeds/books/searches and doing gradings kinda wonky sometimes. I believe brandon is aware and working on it though, just ended up being a really big task for such a small team + still trying to maintain all the other parts of the site

7 Likes

5月9日 | Home post

Today I read the last chapter of アオハライド, since the last 1/4 of the book is a Strobe Edge short story.

• アオハライド (13) (pp. 92-137)
  • DoBJG: ~にする; の (1) (49%)
15 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // May 9 :cherry_blossom: :dango: :seedling:

・ 今はもうない - Switch Back (64%)
・ 拝啓見知らぬ旦那様、離婚していただきます〈下〉(55 → 77%)

Got to read quite a bit today. Morning, study break, evening.

Btw, I think in one of my first posts about this book I said I recommend this book because the main characters seem cool. Well, the relationship is messed up, so I wouldn’t recommend it anymore.

20 Likes

:notebook_with_decorative_cover: :video_game: :cherry_blossom: :shamrock: May 8

Read a chapter of ハイキュー!! and a surprising amount of バグ (17% → 34%). That’s crazy. Probably the fastest I’ve ever read a book. And sure, it’s not the longest book ever but still. It’s certainly a huge contrast when comparing it with my progress reading 傲慢と善良. This book is like half the size, but I’m reading at much more than twice the speed so still… And again stopped reading because I ran out of time and not interest/energy.

21 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :teapot: Home Post and thread

5月9日木曜日

:hibiscus: 薬屋のひとりごと volume 11, end of chapter 4 :tada:
This challenge will definitely not be the post-every-day-challenge for me, but today, I wanted to celebrate my little victory finishing the fourth chapter of The Apothecary Diaries volume 11 \o/
Now I can read it much faster and I can even read most of the text out loud, a thing that was unthinkable when I began my reading. So yeah, even if the english version will come out before I finish it in japanese, I’m somewhat pretty proud of myself :slight_smile:

21 Likes

五月九日・Home Post

Title Today Progress
:cherry_blossom: 花さかじいさん 2 pages 46%
:smile_cat: にゃんにゃん探偵団 5 pages 46%
:orange_book: Sentence Patterns for JLPT N5 7 pages 45%

Had a lot of fun with にゃんにゃん探偵団 today, even if I didn’t get through many pages.

18 Likes

May 9 | Home post

Not much time to read today, but I read a little from a light novel くま クマ 熊.

19 Likes

10 May | Study Log

:question: Title Type Natively Progress
:black_cat: ダンジョン飯7 manga 29 0% → 15%
:stew: 甘々と稲妻 2 manga 23 77% → 100% (completed) :white_check_mark:
:mage: とんがり帽子のアトリエ 1 manga 26 50% (no change)
:cat2: また、同じ夢を見ていた book 25 77% (no change)
  • Finished Sweetness and Lightning 2. I think I will grab the rest of this series next time there’s another Bookwalker sale or the like, it’s a decently easy-yet-challenging read while I’m still in the bit the anime covered. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it on sale but it can at least contribute to coinback or something I hope.
  • Started だん飯7, one chapter. Thankfully half of this chapter was a fight, as I had to rush around before work but still managed to get through it.
19 Likes