๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

Finished reading ใ€ŒใพใŸใ€ๅŒใ˜ๅคขใ‚’่ฆ‹ใฆใ„ใŸใ€ today.
Very sweet book :blush: I would say overall it has quite an accessible vocabulary and new words are often repeated throughout the story.

• Reading time: 245 pages in 24 days = average 10,2 pages / 4,17% per day
  • Favorite quotes: link to the post

Next book for me will be ใ€Œไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็ŒซใŒๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰ใ€. The summary seems interesting, and jpdb lists it at one level above ใพใŸใ€ๅŒใ˜ๅคขใ‚’่ฆ‹ใฆใ„ใŸ, so hopefully this will be both a new challenge and enjoyable reading experience :smile:

25 Likes

Slightly better effort today.

28/1 28 pages Orange (finished chapter 23), 1 page ใŠใฐใกใ‚ƒใ‚“ใŸใกใฎใ„ใ‚‹ใจใ“ใ‚

I just need to read a few more pages of the latter, then Iโ€™m done with last week!

25 Likes

Home post

1 ๆœˆ 28 ๆ—ฅ
ใ‚ณใƒŠใฎๅคงๅ†’้™บ ็ฌฌ33่ฉฑ :black_cat:

Couldnโ€™t do Teasing-master Takagi-san today cause I was out all day. So I fell back on Konaโ€™s adventures. Thankfully, todayโ€™s episode was very short. Just Kona musing about his day and what will happen to him.

Phrases/words of note:
  • ๆฐ—ใซใชใ‚‹ (apparently there are two usages for this)
    โ€“ to be bothered; to be concerned; to have something on oneโ€™s mind
    โ€“ come to feel inclined
  • ใ†ใพใ„ skillful, clever, expert
  • ้€ƒใ’ๅˆ‡ใ‚‹ to get away, to manage to hold on
  • ใใ‚Œใจใ‚‚ or, or else
24 Likes

home post

28th jan

found today much easier and lower stakes than the past two days, so that was reassuring. was another chapter of ๅ››ๆœˆใฏๅ›ใฎๅ˜˜, much shorter than the first one, which covered the first time kousei saw kaori perform. fine enough, nothing too difficult but iโ€™m also familiar with the material

25 Likes

Adding on to the other suggestions, if Iโ€™m not mistaken you can ask the mods to change the ownership of a thread if needed, so other people can make the threads for you and transfer the ownership back once youโ€™re able to manage it again. Being an occasional occurrence Iโ€™m sure it wouldnโ€™t be an issue.

13 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

January 28th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 04.91% // Volume I: 56.94% :rice_ball:

Had a hard time reading today, kept having to re-read everything to make sense of it.

Words found under the kotatsu

ๅคง้‡œใ€ŒใŠใŠใŒใพใ€ใƒผ Cauldron
ๆ€ๆ…ฎๅˆ†ๅˆฅใ€Œใ—ใ‚Šใ‚‡ใตใ‚“ในใคใ€ใƒผ Discreet and well-advised judgement; wise and mature judgement
ๆ‚้ฆฌใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใฐใ€ใƒผ Unruly horse; unbroken horse
้žใ€Œใใ‚‰ใ€ใƒผ Saddle

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Main
Hideyoshi: ่ฑŠ่‡ฃ็ง€ๅ‰ใ€Œใจใ‚ˆใจใฟ ใฒใงใ‚ˆใ—ใ€
โ€“ โ€“ โ€“ Childhood name: ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€
โ€“ โ€“ โ€“ Childhood nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€

Volume I: 1535 - 15??
ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nickname: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
โ€“ โ€“ ็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
โ€“ โ€“ ้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

โ€“ ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
โ€“ ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
โ€“ ้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
โ€“ ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle

Others
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

24 Likes

Jan 28, Sat of Week 5 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใฏใŸใ‚‰ใ็ดฐ่ƒž Black Vol.5 Ch.28-30

Leave it to master, or not?

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ
Words of the day
  • ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ = to wiggle like worms. Kanji form is ่ ข(ใ†ใ”ใ‚)ใ. Probably like ๅ‹•(ใ†ใ”)ใ, but with ่Šฝ(ใ‚).
  • ใ‚€ใใฟ = edema; swelling. Kanji form is ๆตฎ่…ซ(ใ‚€ใ)ใฟ.
  • ใƒขใƒญใซ = directly; all the way. Kanji form is ่ซธ(ใ‚‚ใ‚)ใซ.
  • ๅง(ใญใˆ)ใ•ใ‚“ = elder sister. Has Furigana in context. I have noticed this choice of Kanji for a while now, which is a similar choice to ๅงๅง (elder sister) in Mandarin.
  • ๆŠ•(ใช)ใ’ใ‚„ใ‚Š = irresponsible. Full Kanji is ๆŠ•(ใช)ใ’้ฃ(ใ‚„)ใ‚Š. Similar sounding ๆŠ•(ใช)ใ’ๆง(ใ‚„ใ‚Š) appears to be a lance or a javelin.
  • ใพใจใ‚ใ‚Šไป˜(ใค)ใ = to follow around and cling to. Full Kanji form is ็บ(ใพใจ)ใ‚ใ‚Šไป˜(ใค)ใ, but the first half is otherwise usually read ็บ(ใพใค)ใ‚ใ‚‹.
  • ่‚ฉ่‚˜ๅผต(ใ‹ใŸใฒใ˜ใฏ)ใ‚‹ = to put on a bold front
  • ๆ‰“้–‹็ญ–(ใ ใ‹ใ„ใ•ใ) = a plan to break out of deadlock
  • ็ฟปๅผ„(ใปใ‚“ใ‚ใ†) = having at oneโ€™s mercy (toying around). Like being flipped over and over, and played around.
  • ่น‚่บ™(ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ‚Šใ‚“) = trampling; violation
  • ๅขƒ็›ฎ(ใ•ใ‹ใ„ใ‚) = boundary
  • ไป–ไบบไบ‹(ใฒใจใ”ใจ) = other peopleโ€™s affairs. Has Furigana in context. Also written ไบบไบ‹(ใฒใจใ”ใจ) (but IME doesnโ€™t have this form), so it appears that ไป–(ใปใ‹) appears out of nowhere? (becoming ไป–ไบบ(ใŸใซใ‚“)).
  • ้‡็ฏค(ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใจใ) = critical illness. No Furigana here; maybe there was Furigana earlier?
  • ไธŠ็šฎ(ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใฒ) = epithelium (e.g. of bowel, skin). Related is ๅ†…็šฎ(ใชใ„ใฒ) = endothelium (of blood vessels, ่ก€็ฎกๅ†…็šฎ(ใ‘ใฃใ‹ใ‚“ใชใ„ใฒ)). It works similarly to (technical) English, it seems.
  • ้›ป่งฃ่ณช(ใงใ‚“ใ‹ใ„ใ—ใค) = electrolyte
  • ๆ „้คŠๅคฑ่ชฟ(ใˆใ„ใ‚ˆใ†ใ—ใฃใกใ‚‡ใ†) = malnutrition. ๅคฑ่ชฟ(ใ—ใฃใกใ‚‡ใ†) is usually lack of coordination, like ataxia; but the base meaning is, disharmony.
  • ็ตถ้ฃŸ(ใœใฃใ—ใ‚‡ใ) = fasting. ็ตถ้ฃฒ้ฃŸ(ใœใคใ„ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ) = fasting, but also no water.
  • ่…ฑ้ž˜็‚Ž(ใ‘ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใˆใ‚“) = tenosynovitis
    • ่…ฑ(ใ‘ใ‚“) = tendon. Also seen as a standalone vocabulary. A tendon is as meaningful and powerful as a sword (ๅ‰ฃ(ใ‘ใ‚“)), perhaps.
  • ๅทฃ็ชŸ(ใใ†ใใค) = nest
  • ๆญฏ(ใฏ)ใƒ–ใƒฉใ‚ท = toothbrush. ้›ปๅ‹•ๆญฏ(ใงใ‚“ใฉใ†ใฏ)ใƒ–ใƒฉใ‚ท is electric toothbrush.
  • ๆญฏ(ใฏ)ใใ = gingiva; gum. Full Kanji form is ๆญฏ่ŒŽ(ใฏใใ).
  • ๆญฏ่‚‰(ใ—ใซใ) = gingiva; gum = ๆญฏ(ใฏ)ใใ. ใ‚ท is preferred over ๆญฏ(ใฏ), Level 12 Kanji with useful On reading.
  • ๆญฏๅžข(ใ—ใ“ใ†) = dental plaque
  • ๆญฏ็‰™(ใ—ใŒ) = tooth (ๆญฏ(ใฏ)); tooth and claw (ๆญฏ(ใฏ)ใจ็‰™(ใใฐ))
    • Can also mean gossip; speaking : ๆญฏ็‰™(ใ—ใŒ)ใซใ‚‚ๆŽ›(ใ‹)ใ‘ใชใ„ = taking no notice; making light of; disdain
  • ่ฑก็‰™่ณช(ใžใ†ใ’ใ—ใค) = dentin layer of a tooth, responsible for most of the color. ่ฑก็‰™(ใžใ†ใ’) is ivory, or tusks of an elephant.
    • Enamel layer is just ใ‚จใƒŠใƒกใƒซ่ณช(ใ—ใค).
  • ๆญฉ(ใต) = a pawn (in ๅฐ†ๆฃ‹(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใŽ))
  • ๆก‚้ฆฌ(ใ‘ใ„ใพ) = a knight. ใƒ in ็ซถ้ฆฌ(ใ‘ใ„ใฐ) would be horse racing.
  • ้ฃ›่ปŠ(ใฒใ—ใ‚ƒ) = a rook
  • ็Ž‹ๆ‰‹้ฃ›่ปŠ(ใŠใ†ใฆใณใ—ใ‚ƒ) = forking the rook while checking the king
  • ็Ž‹ๆ‰‹(ใŠใ†ใฆ) = checkmate
  • ๅฆ‚ๅฎŸ(ใซใ‚‡ใ˜ใค) = realistically; vividly

SFX

• ใ‚ธใƒฃใƒณใ‚ธใƒฃใƒณ = incessantly; continuously
  • ใƒ™ใƒˆใƒ™ใƒˆ = being sticky. Somewhat similar to ใƒ™ใ‚ฟใƒ™ใ‚ฟ.

Kanji

• ่…ฑ(ใ‘ใ‚“)

• tendon
    • ่…ฑ(ใ‘ใ‚“)
      • ่…ฑ้ž˜็‚Ž(ใ‘ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใˆใ‚“), ย  ย  ่…ฑ็‚Ž(ใ‘ใ‚“ใˆใ‚“)
  • ้ž˜(ใ•ใ‚„)

• sheath; scabbard of a sword / price margin
    • ใ‚ทใƒงใ‚ฆ
      • ่…ฑ้ž˜็‚Ž(ใ‘ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใˆใ‚“), ย  ย  ้ž˜็ฟ…้กž(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ—ใ‚‹ใ„)
    • ้ž˜(ใ•ใ‚„)
      • ๅ€ค้ž˜(ใญใ–ใ‚„), ย  ย  ๅˆฉ้ž˜(ใ‚Šใ–ใ‚„), ย  ย  ้€†้ž˜(ใŽใ‚ƒใใ–ใ‚„), ย  ย  ้ž˜ๅ–(ใ•ใ‚„ใจ)ใ‚Š
      • ้ž˜ๅฝ“(ใ•ใ‚„ใ‚)ใฆ
  • ๅ”พ(ใคใฐ)

• saliva
    • ใƒ€
      • ๅ”พๆถฒ(ใ ใˆใ)
      • ๅ”พๆฃ„(ใ ใ)ใ™ในใ
    • ๅ”พ(ใคใฐ)
      • ๅ”พ(ใคใฐ)ใ™ใ‚‹, ย  ย  ็”Ÿๅ”พ(ใชใพใคใฐ)
      • ็œ‰ๅ”พ(ใพใ‚†ใคใฐ)
    • ใค
      • ๅ›บๅ”พ(ใ‹ใŸใš)
      • ่™ซๅ”พ(ใ‚€ใ—ใš) ย  (่™ซ้…ธ(ใ‚€ใ—ใš))
  • ๅžข(ใ‚ใ‹)

• dirt
    • ใ‚ณใ‚ฆ
      • ๆญฏๅžข(ใ—ใ“ใ†)
    • ใ‚ฏ
      • ็„กๅžข(ใ‚€ใ)
    • ๅžข(ใ‚ใ‹)
      • ๆ‰‹ๅžข(ใฆใ‚ใ‹), ย  ย  ่€ณๅžข(ใฟใฟใ‚ใ‹)
    • ๅžข้›ข(ใ“ใ‚Š)
    • ้ ญๅžข(ใตใ‘)
  • ็‰™(ใใฐ) (Level 36)

• fang
    • ใ‚ฌ
      • ๆญฏ็‰™(ใ—ใŒ), ย  ย  ๆฏ’็‰™(ใฉใใŒ)
      • ็‰™ๅŸŽ(ใŒใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†)
    • ใ‚ฒ
      • ่ฑก็‰™(ใžใ†ใ’)
  • ใจใคๅฆ‚(ใ˜ใ‚‡) (Level 47)

• likeness
    • ใƒ‹ใƒง
      • ๅฆ‚ๅฎŸ(ใซใ‚‡ใ˜ใค), ย  ย  ไธๅฆ‚ๆ„(ใตใซใ‚‡ใ„)
    • ๅฆ‚(ใ”ใจ)ใ
23 Likes

:snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: January 28 :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow:
Home Post

BU$TAFELLOWS :moneybag:
Short story in English :books:

Read about half a short story last night, since I went to bed late and I also wasnโ€™t sure what novel I wanted to read next. (Iโ€™m trying to not start new seriesโ€ฆ Which is hard because my preferred genres tend to be a lot of series, but I want to finish books I already own.) I read the rest of that short story today.

I also read about two scenes of BU$TAFELLOWS. While Iโ€™d love to say I will read more after dinner, I think that is unlikely. It is very entertaining, and I felt like more of it went smoothly, although there were patches of extra hard sentences (read super lookup heavy).

Iโ€™m also finding a lot of vocabulary is shared between Loopers and BU$TAFELLOWS despite them being fairly different. The amount Iโ€™ve read of Loopers are more slice of life stuff with some sprinklings of other things, while Bustafellows is more mystery so far. So my theory that there is general vocabulary shared between many (if not all) VNs that are different from say manga and such, seems to hold out. Although I havenโ€™t really read mystery manga.

Anyone know of any crime/mystery, like police detective, manga? (I have crime/mystery novel recommendations so was wondering about manga specifically.) Outside Conan, I guess. (Iโ€™ll be honest and say I have zero interest in reading Conan, Iโ€™m sure it is good. But the whole thing about Conan being a teenage boy changed into a kid just makes it sound annoying to me. :sweat_smile: If heโ€™d still been a teen, I would have totally tried it.) I was thinking like crime TV shows (CSI, NCIS) and police procedural crime novels.

I know of Death Note which would fit that in some respects. I havenโ€™t read the whole manga, nor watched the whole anime, so I canโ€™t say exactly how well it fits what Iโ€™m looking for. (Although Iโ€™m not necessarily looking for crime/mystery manga with supernatural elements. It is okay if they are there, but Iโ€™m perhaps more looking for ones without.)

23 Likes

:books: 01ๆœˆ28ๆ—ฅ
9-nine-

Casually resuming my updates, I donโ€™t even remember at this point what I did and when :joy: . Will try to post actively again now that Iโ€™m a bit more relaxed and hopefully rebuild some consistency.

Read 9-nine-'s content for the clubโ€™s Week 5.

Iโ€™m encountering a fair amount of vocabulary I got from Loopers and ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ in 9-nine-, I guess each medium/genre/whatever has its own characteristic language as a whole. Thatโ€™s also the reason I suffer whenever I pick up an article or a book, been focusing on games for too long and I feel that I need to broaden my horizons a bit. I spiritually die at the sight of a Wikipedia article :joy: .

22 Likes

Not exactly police procedural, but you might want to have a look at ใƒŸใ‚นใƒ†ใƒชใจ่จ€ใ†ๅ‹ฟใ‚Œ. I havenโ€™t read the manga (but Iโ€™ve heard good things about it), but Iโ€™ve watched the show. The main character is a very observant student who just wants to mind his own business, but he ends up solving mysteries left and right, almost against his will. There is a lot of police presence, at least in the drama, but as you can imagine they arenโ€™t usually as capable in solving crimes as the protagonistโ€ฆ

12 Likes

January 28th

:snowman: Home post :snowflake:

Aria: the masterpiece volume 3 โ€“ progress report
Yesterday: Resumed reading Aria volume 3 from chapter 24 (page 110) and read up to page 115.
Today: Continued up to page 128.

Nice to see a tiny bit of backstory which explained why Aika decided to become an Undine. On another note, Alicia is indeed invincible when it comes to provocations, complaints etc. as she will literally laugh it off โ€“ or โ€˜ara-ara it offโ€™. :laughing:

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

Word or expression of the day:
่ช“ใ„ - (ใกใ‹ใ„) - oath, vowโ€‹

Honourable mention(s):
่ฝใก่พผใ‚€ - (ใŠใกใ“ใ‚€) - to feel down, to feel sad, to be depressed, to be in low spirits

24 Likes

:snowflake: Day 28, 28th of January :snowflake:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

In todayโ€™s story we experience the assault of the undead horde on the castle walls. The elf from last time appears ans uses an arrow to make a vulcano errupt, killing the army instantlyโ€ฆ talk about OP characters.

In the next story we are celebrating the victory. The travelers from before are contributing the music and entertainment.

Second to last story we are in the green frog hotel and explore the room of a magic user staying there. There are some animated / interactive pictures here!

In the last story we go to the house of the evil wizard. Weโ€™re exploring it for treasure like a choose-your-own adventure; with clicky parts!

And thatโ€™s all for the DrDru stories. At least the ones not under construction. Tomorrow Iโ€™ll deliberate over whether Iโ€™ll start with the Tile World Chronicles or do some Tadoku books.

25 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Jan 28 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒป ๅฐๅฐๅ†ๅบฆ (74% โ†’ 82%)

Spent the morning reading for a bit. Finished chapter 8, now there are just two chapters/weeks left.

What to read after that? Iโ€™m thinking Kusuriya no Hitorigoto 3 or maybe Eugenia. Iโ€™m also planning on joining ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ book club, but Iโ€™m terrible at pacing myself. Maybe itโ€™s better if I stay behind schedule and catch up after Iโ€™m done with whatever book Iโ€™ll be reading in the meantime.

27 Likes

Day 27
Started the next volume of Tsugumomo and continued reading Kindaichi Shounen vol1.

Is it just me or does the story telling in Kindaichi Shounen kind of resemble the one in Detective Conan? The main character is put into some kind of situation, all characters are introduced and a murder happens. Or maybe all of mystery novels are told like that. :sweat_smile:

2192 pages read 17808 to go

21 Likes

January 26th-28th (Days 26-28) :snowflake: :cat2:

Home post :books:

Finished chapter 26 of ใƒใƒฅใƒ™ใƒญใƒผใ‚บใงๅพ…ใฃใฆใ‚‹ AGE32โ€ฆ Just looking at my last update on here - I didnโ€™t realize its already been five days since Iโ€™ve started it :melting_face: Iโ€™m not even that ill anymoreโ€ฆ And the chapters really arenโ€™t that longโ€ฆ Iโ€™m just not enjoying the book at all. Perhaps itโ€™s time to quit and move on before I stop reading altogether.

Iโ€™m undecided as for what to read next, but there is a couple of books that Iโ€™ve been perusing, and I very much miss reading ๆตท่พบใฎใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ซ. Weโ€™ll see.

22 Likes

It gets kinda more interesting further down, but itโ€™s also very very crazy in a way that most of us didnโ€™t like, to phrase this carefully :sweat_smile:
I didnโ€™t enjoy the second volume either and considered dropping it a few timesโ€ฆ so my apologies for having roped you into this :cry:

Thereโ€™s also a small group reading 1Q84 - weโ€™re currently almost about to start Book 1 Part 2, and it will probably be another week or two before we fully embark on it, so I guess you could catch up to us by then if you like.

14 Likes

January 28th!

Today I read a chapter of Mitsuboshi Colors, and a chapter of Monthly Girlsโ€™ Nozaki-kun.

Iโ€™ve caught up to the start of this weeks reading of Monthly Girlsโ€™ Nozaki-kun now, so I should be back on track as long as this week isnโ€™t too hectic for me - but Iโ€™m definitely maxed out how many book clubs I can handle! :sweat_smile:

(Home Post)

23 Likes

:cup_with_straw: Home :it:

January 27th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ7
108 - 198(?)(end)

January 28th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ8
Start - 43

I was understanding less and less and couldnโ€™t use the dictionary on my phone, so I gave up and went to bed.

23 Likes

Enter todayโ€™s reading:

:joy_cat:

19 Likes

2023-01-29T01:15:00Z

I think Shibatora is one. At least, I remember that the main character was a police officer. There was even a drama. However, the main concept was that Shibata, the MC looked like a kid so he could go undercover as a student and solve crimes that way. So I donโ€™t know if youโ€™d like it.

13 Likes