📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 ☃❄

January 9 :snowflake: Home Post

Oof it happened, I got too deep in 山猫 and had to know what was happening so I just… read the rest of it, and stayed up way too late in doing so :joy: it’s winter break it’s fine lmao. But yeah I read 74 pages today! Definitely a new record for me, plus I suppose it’s technically the first actual novel I’ve finished since I’ve still only read the 上 of 海辺のカフカ? So yay :tada: I certainly enjoyed it, it has a lot of fun characters and interactions and such, and all the mystery stuff was very interesting :eyes: lots of moments where as soon as something happened I’d be like “oh of course, that was definitely foreshadowed” but didn’t pick up on it beforehand and was absolutely floored haha.

When I finished I got that bittersweet feeling a good story leaves you with where you don’t wanna say goodbye to the characters and their world, kinda cool to have that happen with a book in Japanese! I do own the second book, just don’t currently physically have it, but I look forward to reading it! In the meantime, I’ll have to look elsewhere for tomorrow :eyes:

36 Likes