📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 ☃❄

:books: :snowflake: softlyraining’s snowy book stack :snowboarder: :open_book:

January 8th

:orange_square: ラストで君は「まさか!」と言う 冬の物語 (52% → 60%)

I didn’t really feel like reading this today. I thought about focusing on something else on my list, but that’s usually how I end up with half-read books in the first place…

I’m glad I pushed through, because I really enjoyed the first story! It was a 10-pager and took 22 minutes and 31 seconds for me to read. This young girl is staying in the mountains. She’s been bored because it’s been snowing hard non-stop, and one night she wanders downstairs where one of the workers is. From there, he tells her the story of the 雪女. I liked how it was written like a personal account of someone who witnessed a fable, and I liked the mysterious ending.

The second story I read is the shortest one since the prologue at the beginning: 4 pages. This was the closest I got to the 3-minute mark: 6 minutes and 24 seconds. :weary: So close, and yet…

Also like the prologue, this was written from the perspective of a character beckoning the reader (so kind of like second-person perspective). It was a little trippy, but also fun.

30 Likes