๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

Busy day, read a tiny bit of ๅŠ่ฝใก and Iโ€™m ready for bed.

Jealous, I hope to do this tomorrow!

ๅคœ่ญฆ was on sale I think? I usually binge Aozora when Iโ€™m feeling indecisive, but you have to really lean into the chaotic energy of not knowing what youโ€™re going to get.

Although I hear ๆผฑ็Ÿณ is a solid choice (ใ“ใ“ใ‚ใ€ๅŠใฃใกใ‚ƒใ‚“ and the like) - Iโ€™ve only ever read a random one of his essays and it wasnโ€™t exactly thrilling, but Iโ€™ve heard his fiction is great. I plan to read ใ“ใ“ใ‚ eventually, maybe later this year.

I have adored every ๅคชๅฎฐ short story Iโ€™ve read as well. His writing is such a delight.

21 Likes

March 4 :snowflake: Home Post

Pretty busy/tiring day today so not much to report, just counting some Japanese homework :man_shrugging:

20 Likes

Oh yes good suggestion actually! We could read the 10 dreams together @omk3 if you like (as Iโ€™m doing that anyways for the literature circle I signed up for), the stories are short (~3 pages each) but make for good discussion (at least the first two did). Maybe we can rope in @Myria as well? :wink:

14 Likes

:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :four_leaf_clover: ๏ผ“ๆœˆ๏ผ”ๆ—ฅ :four_leaf_clover: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ rest of ch1 - I forgot to check the page numbers for the club and just ended up finishing the chapter whoops
  • ๆ–ฐๅฎŒๅ…จใƒžใ‚นใ‚ฟใƒผ pg 22 โ†’ 24 - chippin away
  • ๅค่ฆ‹ใ•ใ‚“ใฏใ‚ณใƒŸใƒฅ็—‡ใงใ™ ch 6 ,7 - more cute chs

Word of the Day:
ๅฏ›ๅฎนใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚ˆใ†ใ€ใƒผ tolerance, open-mindedness

21 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :switzerland:

March 4th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ10
-

ไธๅฏ่งฃ(ใตใ‹ใ‹ใ„)ใชใผใใฎใ™ในใฆใ‚’ 1
-

ๅญฃ็ฏ€(ใใ›ใค)ใ‚’ๆ„‰(ใŸใฎ)ใ—ใ‚€366ๆ—ฅ(ใŸใฎใ—ใ‚€)
3/4-5

ๅ›€(ใ•ใˆใš)ใ‚‹้ณฅ(ใจใ‚Š)ใฏ็พฝ(ใฏ)ใฐใŸใ‹ใชใ„ 8
5 pages in chapter 45 - 1st page of chapter 47
estimating thatโ€™s p40 - 103

According to 3/5 in letโ€™s enjoy the seasons, the reason frog and snake have ่™ซ in their kanji is because a long time ago ่™ซ meant more like creatures that โ€œopen the doorโ€ in spring ie come out of the earth. Til!

Oh boy, Saezuru. Saezuru, Saezuru, Saezuru. Ignoring how awful Japan is with consent and how both of these characters would be so much better off getting therapy, I love that Yashiro has given up pretending that he doesnโ€™t know Domeki. I canโ€™t wait to see him become more and more honest. Iโ€™m a bit torn about Domekiโ€™s actions. On one hand: creepy. On the other hand: it feels like heโ€™s playing Yashiroโ€™s games, which is interesting. Is that supposed to be a sign of intelligent or emotional growth or that heโ€™s still just playing at being yakuza?

21 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations once again! For now I decided Iโ€™d like to read ๆฐดใŸใพใ‚Šใงๆฏใ‚’ใ™ใ‚‹, a probably stranger story (a man starts avoiding tap water and stops taking baths) written by the author of ใŠใ„ใ—ใ„ใ”ใฏใ‚“ใ€‚Iโ€™ve even set up a thread in case anyone is interested to join, now or later (the book is on the expensive side, but hopefully there will be some coin-back sale soon for those interested).

I had a quick look, and itโ€™s short and free (dรฉjร  vu) and hopefully not as hard as ็ณžๅฐฟ่ญš, so why not? :grin:

14 Likes

Dreams 1, 3, 5 and 7 are in Breaking into Japanese Literature as parallel Japanese and English texts with same-page glosses for all the vocab, if thereโ€™s anybody whoโ€™s interested but doesnโ€™t feel at a level where they can just dive into them yet. The bookโ€™s website also has audio of readings of them freely available if you want to listen along.

17 Likes

:house:

Oh, Iโ€™ve been doing badly this past week and somehow didnโ€™t even realise the end of the challenge had already passed :sweat_smile:

Embarrasingly late summary

Despite borderline (mentally) beating myself up for missing so many days per week, this has been my most consistent challenge so far! I managed to read 23/31 days in January and 19/28 days in February, at most missing 2 days in a row. Iโ€™m actually very surprised seeing the stats all together.

My progress throughout this challenge:

• Started and completed the first three volumes of ใƒใƒ”ใƒใ‚น
  • Started and completed ใ‹ใŒใฟใฎๅญคๅŸŽ๏ผˆไธ‹๏ผ‰
  • Started ไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็ŒซใŒๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰ and read to a quarter of the way through

Iโ€™d say thatโ€™s not bad!

And a little update for todayโ€™s reading!

5 March
ไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็ŒซใŒๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰ pg55 โ†’ pg57

Small ten-fifteen minute read as usual.

25 Likes

Mar 5, Sun of Week 10 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ๅคใธใฎใƒˆใƒณใƒใƒซใ€ใ•ใ‚ˆใชใ‚‰ใฎๅ‡บๅฃ Ch.5

Faster than normal reading because I listen first, but it is still tiring, so in 3 lots.

I will resume reading Ch.2-4 soon.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ
Words of the day
  • ใพใฉใ‚ใฟ = doze; short sleep = ๅพฎ็ก(ใพใฉใ‚)ใฟ
  • ใŒใ‚€ใ—ใ‚ƒใ‚‰ = daredevil = ๆˆ‘ๆญฆ่€…็พ…(ใŒใ‚€ใ—ใ‚ƒใ‚‰)
  • ใƒ˜ใƒ‰ใƒญ = sludge. Probably from ๆณฅ(ใฉใ‚), not sure about ใธ part. Looks like ๅๅ(ใธใฉ)?
  • ใ‚คใ‚ฝใ‚ฎใƒณใƒใƒฃใ‚ฏ = sea anemone = ็ฃฏๅทพ็€(ใ„ใใŽใ‚“ใกใ‚ƒใ). That thing wearing a piece of cloth at a shore (็ฃฏ(ใ„ใ)).
  • ๆ€’ๆถ›(ใฉใจใ†) = surging waves (at a beach, sea). Has Furigana.
  • ไธ€็ธท(ใ„ใกใ‚‹) = a slight clue (of hope, ๆœ›(ใฎใž)ใฟ). Has Furigana.
  • ๏ฝž็„ถ(ใœใ‚“)ใจ = -like
  • ๅคœ้‹(ใ‚ˆใชใน) = work at night = ๅคœ(ใ‚ˆ)ใชใน. Nothing to do with a hot pot (they did historically).
  • ๅฃฎๅนด(ใใ†ใญใ‚“) = prime of life
  • ๅˆ†ๅธƒ(ใถใ‚“ใท) = distributing; distribution. A lookalike is ้ ’ๅธƒ(ใฏใ‚“ใท), but has different reading.
  • ๅฎŸ็›ด(ใ˜ใฃใกใ‚‡ใ) = honest; upright
  • ๆฐ—้ซ˜(ใ‘ใ ใ‹)ใ„ = noble
  • ๅ ฐ(ใ›ใ) = a dam. Has Furigana.
  • ๅ‘ช็ธ›(ใ˜ใ‚…ใฐใ) = binding spell
  • ๅฑๅ’ค(ใ—ใฃใŸ) = scolding. Has Furigana.
  • ่จผๅทฆ(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ•) = evidence = ่จผๆ‹ (ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ“). No idea what has to do with left (ๅทฆ(ใฒใ ใ‚Š)).
  • ๅนณๅฆ(ใธใ„ใŸใ‚“) = flat
21 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

March 5th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 15.43% // Volume II: 75.01% :potted_plant:

Only time for a short read today

Words found under the kotatsu

None today

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1561)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ใŠๅธ‚ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใŠใ„ใกใ€- Younger sister

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

Military Commanders
ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)
ๆฑ ็”ฐ ๆ’่ˆˆใ€Œใ„ใ‘ใ  ใคใญใŠใใ€(Common name: ๅ‹ไธ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใคใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€)
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››้‡ใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ—ใ’ใ€(also know as: ๅคงๅญฆใ€Œใ ใ„ใŒใใ€)
ๅฑฑๅฃ ๅฎˆๅญใ€Œใ‚„ใพใใก ใ‚‚ใ‚ŠใŸใ‹ใ€(also known as: ๆตท่€ไธžใ€Œใˆใณใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€)
ๆŸ˜ๆค ๅ‹้ก•ใ€Œใคใ’ ใจใ‚‚ใ‚ใใ€(also known as: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆขถๅท ไธ€็ง€ใ€Œใ‹ใ˜ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใฒใงใ€
ไฝไน…้–“ ไฟก่พฐใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใฎใถใจใใ€
ไฝใ€… ๆ”ฟๆฌกใ€Œใ•ใฃใ• ใพใ•ใคใใ€
ๅฒฉๅฎค ้‡ไผ‘ใ€Œใ„ใ‚ใ‚€ใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใ‚„ใ™ใ€
็ฐ—็”ฐ ๆ”ฟ็ถฑใ€Œใ‚„ใชใ  ใพใ•ใคใชใ€(also known as: ๅผฅไบŒๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚„ใ˜ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆฏ›ๅˆฉ ่‰ฏๅ‹ใ€Œใ‚‚ใ†ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใคใ€
ไธญๅท ้‡ๆ”ฟใ€Œใชใ‹ใŒใ‚ ใ—ใ’ใพใ•ใ€

Retainers
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€)
ๆฃฎ ๅฏๆˆใ€Œใ‚‚ใ‚Š ใ‚ˆใ—ใชใ‚Šใ€(Other name: ไธ‰ๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ•ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
โ€“ ่˜ญไธธใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใพใ‚‹ใ€- Son

Others
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander
ๆฐด้‡Ž ๅธฏๅˆ€ใ€Œใฟใšใฎ ใŸใฆใ‚ใใ€- Castle Guard
ๆœ้ƒจ ไธ€ๅฟ ใ€Œใฏใฃใจใ‚Š ใ‹ใšใŸใ ใ€(also called: ๅฐๅนณๅคชใ€Œใ“ใธใ„ใŸใ€) - Samurai

Maeda Clan
Military Commanders
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€)
โ€“ ไฝ่„‡ ่‰ฏไน‹ใ€Œใ•ใ‚ใ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚†ใ‘ใ€(also known as: ่—คๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€Œใจใ†ใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ€) - Younger brother

Saito Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€)
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
Military Commanders
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€)
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Also the adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo
โ€“ ไปŠๅท ๆฐ็œŸใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ†ใ˜ใ–ใญใ€- Son, and heir to the Imagawa clan
โ€“ ๅคชๅŽŸ ้›ชๆ–Žใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ’ใ‚“ ใ›ใฃใ•ใ„ใ€- Uncle, military advisor and monk

Military Commanders
ไผŠไธน ๅบท็›ดใ€Œใ„ใŸใฟ ใ‚„ใ™ใชใŠใ€(also known as: ๆจฉ้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใฟใ€)
ๅบตๅŽŸ ๅฟ ็ธใ€Œใ„ใฏใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใ€(also known as: ๅฐ†็›ฃใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ๅˆฉๆพ„ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใจใ—ใšใฟใ€(also known as: ๆŽƒ้ƒจไป‹ใ€Œใ‹ใถใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
้–ขๅฃ ๆฐ็ตŒใ€Œใ›ใใใก ใ†ใ˜ใคใญใ€
ๅฏŒๆฐธ ๆฐ็นใ€ŒใจใฟใชใŒ ใ†ใ˜ใ—ใ’ใ€(also known as: ไผฏ่€†ๅฎˆใ€Œใปใ†ใใฎใ‹ใฟใ€)

Others
ๅพณๅท ๅฎถๅบทใ€ŒใจใใŒใ‚ ใ„ใˆใ‚„ใ™ใ€(Childhood name: ็ซนๅƒไปฃใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใกใ‚ˆใ€// Other name: ๅ…ƒๅบทใ€Œใ‚‚ใจใ‚„ใ™ใ€) - Soldier
โ€“ ็ฏ‰ๅฑฑใ€Œใคใใ‚„ใพใ€- Wife
โ€“ ๆฆŠๅŽŸ ๅฟ ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใ ใพใ•ใ€- Vassal
โ€“ ็Ÿณๅท ๆ•ฐๆญฃใ€Œใ„ใ—ใ‹ใ‚ ใ‹ใšใพใ•ใ€- Loyal follower
ๆœๆฏ”ๅฅˆ ไธป่จˆใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฒใช ใ‹ใšใˆใ€- Samurai
ไบ•ไผŠ ็›ด็››ใ€Œใ„ใ„ ใชใŠใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€- Retainer

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

Sakai Clan
Military Commanders
้…’ไบ• ๆญฃ่ฆชใ€Œใ•ใ‹ใ„ ใพใ•ใกใ‹ใ€(also known as: ไธŽๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Matsudaira Clan
Military Commanders
ๆพๅนณ ่ฆชไฟŠใ€Œใพใคใ ใ„ใ‚‰ ใกใ‹ใจใ—ใ€(also known as: ๅทฆ้ฆฌๅŠฉใ€Œใ•ใพใฎใ™ใ‘ใ€)
ๆ‰ๆตฆ ๅ‰่ฒžใ€Œใ™ใŽใ†ใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใ ใ€(also known as: ๅ…ซ้ƒŽไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใฏใกใ‚ใ†ใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ€)

Non-affiliated
้ตœๆฎฟ ็”šไธƒใ€Œใ†ใฉ (ใฎ) ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€- Mountain priest (Yamabushi)

20 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // March 5

ใƒปใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ (14% โ†’ 16%)

So many words I have to look up, Iโ€™m learning a bunch from this book. Itโ€™s not super exciting so far, though tbh :durtle_durtverted_lvl1: Feels a bit like a childrenโ€™s book, but at the same time too many older kanji versions of words.

22 Likes

March 5th (Day 64) :snowflake: :cat2:

Home post :books:

1Q84 Book 1 ๅพŒ็ทจ (41 - 46%)

Completed chapter 17 today :333 I have decided to drop ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ, so Iโ€™ve been searching for another book to read alongside 1Q84. Issue is, there is too many to choose from :sweat_smile:

20 Likes

Iโ€ฆ can very much relate to that, so I guess Iโ€˜m in after the next sale or if @Myria decides she wants to start earlier :wink:

Hehe :grin: But it didnโ€™t win the Akutagawa prize which gives hope ^^

I only read the first two dreams, and while the second was harder, I could still manage quite okay.
Iโ€˜ll set up a thread for us but it might not work out before Wednesday (just as a heads up).

Oh very nice, thanks for letting me know! I will add the info to the thread.

9 Likes

I finished ๅŠ่ฝใก :tada: Loved it. A great read and a rollercoaster of emotions. Also the final twist was executed so well :heart_eyes: Definitely a harder read between the vocab and the grammar, easily one of the hardest books Iโ€™ve read this year, although ๆญฃๆฌฒ definitely edged in out in the portion I managed to read before I enswamped* myself in book clubs.

This is not a word, but I think it should be.

21 Likes

I have this one on my shelf, if yโ€™all donโ€™t mind me joining?

7 Likes

I somehow managed to finish ๆœฌๅฅฝใ ็ฌฌไธ€้ƒจ manga version on schedule!..mostly because I binged four volumes in a week and a half. That last one was a whopping 223 pages.

But I didnโ€™t even start ใ‚ณใƒณใƒ“ใƒ‹ไบบ้–“ so I guess Iโ€™m moving it to March. Hopefully by EOM theyโ€™ll have finally hired us a new manager and I can stop working all this unpaid overtime. Either way Iโ€™m taking vacation this Friday and everyone can deal haha. Iโ€™ll catch up on this reading on the plane. I havenโ€™t even had a chance to play more of P3P which Iโ€™m super bummed about.

Before I start ็ฌฌไบŒ้ƒจ Iโ€™m going to work thru some of the free volume 1 manga Iโ€™ve picked up over the years. I need a bit of a break.

20 Likes

March 5th!

Today I read the next chapter of Teasing Master Takagi-san.

(Home Post)

21 Likes

Home

Just Sร—F mission 30 and short mission 3 today, finishing vol 5

Edit: Oh yeah and some ใญใ“ๅณถ็‰ฉ่ชž, was tired and forgot about that lol

20 Likes

March Home

had a busy day so I just got a chapter of ใ‚ˆใคใฐใจ๏ผin today. Hope to get more done tomorrow since Iโ€™m trying to read at least 2 volumes/month!

22 Likes

March 5 :snowflake: Home Post

Played some more Steins;Gate! Today I got to fight through reading a 2000s message board complete with all the slang and typos :joy: definitely on the harder side but very interesting, Iโ€™m sure knowledge of hyper-specific dated internet slang will be eternally useful lmao. Always an adventure!

22 Likes