๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

Began my focus on ๅคœใฏ็Ÿญใ—ๆญฉใ‘ใ‚ˆไน™ๅฅณ and got 25 pages down, but started to lose focus on the last couple pages. Iโ€™m gonna reread them on my lunch. I donโ€™t know if I will finish chapter 2 today, but I will probably get really close. As motivated as I am to read, I still have my own physical/mental limits I need to respect. I donโ€™t want to push myself to finish over enjoying the book. While I put 3-4 books as my finishing goal, the goal has always been quality reading > quantity reading.

20 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :it:

February 19th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ9
110 - 127

ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ 1
-

That was more than I thought I read, but there were more dialogue light pages than I had expected iirc. The party is headed to Switzerland! I was really surprised by the changes the anime made- they cut out the post office shakedown scene AND Suzie calling Joseph an ass but added content to the guys in the car who almost hit a dog? wth

Iโ€™m hoping I finish this volume tonight because Iโ€™m quickly falling behind on my reading and Iโ€™m 75% sure that I will be more motivated when reading other JoJo Parts lol.

22 Likes

Home

Just read a couple pages of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ and played a bit of ใใฟใฎใพใก ใƒใƒซใƒ†ใ‚ฃใ‚ข.

20 Likes

February 17th
February 18th
Just Aomi Japanese these days.

February 19th
What did I read?: ้ญ”ๅฅณใจ็Œซใฎ่ฉฑ
How much did I read?: 7 pages
(Started 5th Story )
How long did it take me?: 1 h 27 m

For the first time ever, the meeting between witch and cat actually went well! Mary (this chapterโ€™s witch) was just momentarily taken aback that her cat is an ใŠใ˜ใ„ใ•ใ‚“, and, thankfully, Snow (the cat) didnโ€™t feel insulted at all!

Kitty Pictures

Snow, not showing his age in the slightest~ (And he has heterochromia eyes! Iโ€™ve only seen a cat with eyes like that once.)

I feel like he shows his age a bit here, though, eheh!

21 Likes

Iโ€™ve not kept up with the daily threads as late, but Iโ€™m slowly getting back into my routine. In the past few days Iโ€™ve caught up on my missed readings for ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ and ไธƒๅ›žๆญปใ‚“ใ ็”ท, tomorrow I need to dig into all my missed ๅŠ่ฝใก readings, although I doubt Iโ€™ll finish them in one night. Iโ€™m low mental energy today so I might try for a few pages of the newly due readings for the two other clubs.

26 Likes

Summary post

Whoops, meant to post an update like well over a week ago :sweat_smile:. I had a couple pretty big milestones! I finished Minna no Nihongo, then took (and passed) a full length N4 practice test, so Iโ€™m considering myself officially having graduated out of the beginner phase!

I also finished ๅฐ่ชฌ ใƒŸใƒฉใƒผใ•ใ‚“, so I guess Iโ€™ve technically finished my first novel in Japanese, though since itโ€™s for learners, it probably only half counts.

I started Tobira, which marks the first book on my Natively profile to have a higher level than the first manga I ever read in Japanese, haha. Tobira is going well so far, but Iโ€™m not counting it for this challenge, despite it being fairly reading-heavy.

I finished two Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling translations! The first was for their February 4 show, and then their February 11 (part 2) Korakuen Hall show, which was about as heavy of a workload as the Korakuen shows tend to have.

The day before the Korakuen show, they did TWO press conferences, which I extremely was not able to translate in time, haha. One of them was for Miyu Yamashita announcing that she was going on a three month long excursion in the US after TJPWโ€™s America show next month. I tried to jump on translating that one as soon as I could, fearing that something in the announcement would get machine translated wrong and then more false rumors would make the rounds in the English-speaking wrestling world, but so far things seem to be going alright.

I think Miyu has already gotten contacted for more bookings in America (despite not remembering how to say โ€œplease contact me for all bookingsโ€ in English and causing TJPWโ€™s ring announcer Sayuri Namba to worry about her ability to survive here, haha), so Iโ€™m hoping that everything goes well for her and the trip is a success!

Hereโ€™s a photo from the Korakuen show, featuring Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh after they won the tag team tournament that TJPW just had:

After the match, Itoh got annoyed at Miyu for calling her her โ€œbusiness partnerโ€, and Miyu said, โ€œWhether weโ€™re business partners or not, now and forever, no matter how many decades or hundreds of years that I live, you are my only partner.โ€ Miyu had tried telling Itoh she loved her, but her public professions of love made Itoh uncomfortable, so she had recently gone too far in the other direction. Maybe sheโ€™ll finally figure out the right way to express how she feels about Itoh when they win the tag beltsโ€ฆ

Reading in Spanish

So, funny story: I thought the book I was reading was titled Sรญ, sรญ es contigo because that is what it says on the amazon page and the kindle file, but I got to the climax of the book, which had the title drop, and it said โ€Sรญ, si es contigoโ€! I was like, hey, wait a moment, wasnโ€™t it sรญ and not si? So I googled the book, and I found out that the amazon page is wrong! The title is actually Sรญ, si es contigo! Itโ€™s a small change, but makes for a much better title, I think, haha.

My reading pace picked up a lot as I got further into the book and more invested in the story. Iโ€™ve been trying to fix my terrible sleep schedule, but havenโ€™t had a whole lot of luck, haha. One night, I started reading at 5:30am, telling myself that Iโ€™d just read a few pages and then go to bed, then ended up reading for TWO MORE HOURS :pensive:โ€ฆ I think thatโ€™s the first time this has ever happened to me with a non-English book? So on the one hand, itโ€™s really cool that my Spanish has gotten good enough for a book to pull me in like that! On the other handโ€ฆ itโ€™s not exactly good for fixing my sleep schedule :sweat_smile:.

I ended up finishing the book much sooner than I expected, thanks in part to reading like 20% of the whole book that one night. Next, I tried picking up En el jardรญn de lirios, which is an academic study of GL media. I got through the prologue and am still interested in reading the rest of the book, but I had to do so many vocab lookups, Iโ€™m not sure itโ€™s really worth trying to read it now. Iโ€™d look up words like โ€œeje temรกticoโ€ and the dictionary would give me โ€œthematic axisโ€, reminding me that I sure am reading academic theory :sweat_smile:. I ended up deciding to put it aside until my vocab is better.

I chose to read Cantoras by Carolina De Robertis instead, which was another book I had discovered on recommended lists of LGBTQ Spanish books when researching possible books to add to the library collection. I tried to look for an amazon preview so that I could see if the writing style looked to be at a good level for me, but they only had an audiobook preview. I listened to that and was able to understand a surprising amount, so I figured it was probably a safe purchase.

So far, I think that was a correct assumption! The book uses a lot of more literary words that I donโ€™t know, but I found out the incredible benefit of reading it as a (properly formatted) kindle book is that I can use my kindleโ€™s built-in dictionary to do instant look-ups, which is way quicker than having to look up words manually by typing them out. Currently, this is the most convenient media format Iโ€™ve found for reading in Spanish, and Iโ€™m really happy with it.

So, in sum, things have been going very well with the challenge so far!

21 Likes

February 19 :snowflake: Home Post

Been thinking about ใƒ–ใƒซใƒผใƒญใƒƒใ‚ฏ again after getting caught up on the anime, so I started the ๅ‡ช spinoff manga! Itโ€™s just the one volume at the moment so shouldnโ€™t derail me too hard :joy: Itโ€™s fun so far, but somehow I feel really out of practice reading manga, too much VN time lately I suppose :stuck_out_tongue:

23 Likes

Been there.

3 Likes

:chocolate_bar: :love_letter: ๏ผ’ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ™ๆ—ฅ :love_letter: :chocolate_bar: (Home Post Link)

Ended up working on a bunch of stuff today and not a whole lot of time for reading, oh well

Read:

• ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ ch 17

Word of the Day:
็‹ฉใ‚‹ ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚‹ใ€ใƒผ to go looking for (flowers, etc.); to gather (mushrooms); to pick (berries)โ€‹

22 Likes

For the first time in ever I read for an hour in Japanese. Cherry Magic of course. Since i have watched it about 3 or 4 times I could follow the story very well. There were ofcourse vocabulary I didnt know and grammar thats above my level but I just love this story. I will be reading through without look ups on the first go round then I will tackle it intensively. It really is accurate when they say read something that youre familiar with when youre just starting out with native material. Way better than Yotsuba to.

23 Likes

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 17

Read some ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ and played BU$TAFELLOWS for an hour.

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 18

A little ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 19

Read some more ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ

23 Likes

:spiral_calendar: Day 50: February 19th :snowman:

spacer:mag: ๅๆŽขๅตใ‚ณใƒŠใƒณ Volume 14 (16% โžจ 30%)

spacer:tangerine: orange Volume 7 (7% โžจ 15%)

23 Likes

This February has been a bit annoying so far, I canโ€™t wait it to be over. I havenโ€™t updated for ages, but not much has happened. I even missed two days :rage: ! And the days I did read, I didnโ€™t read as much as Iโ€™d want to. Anyway, hereโ€™s a formal update, to keep things tidy:

February 15 :heavy_check_mark: :zzz:

ๆญปไฝ“ใฏ็œ ใ‚‰ใชใ„ , 51-57%

February 16-17 :heavy_multiplication_x:

February 18-19 :heavy_check_mark: :cityscape:

ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด , 21-29%

Today Iโ€™ve read a bit more of ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด to finish the chapter, and Iโ€™m now between continuing this or starting the next chapter of ๅŠ่ฝใก. Hope I get to do at least one of those.

I wasnโ€™t expecting that! Very intrigued. I must say I almost dismissed the book again after your report on the first chapter (Iโ€™m not impressed by vampires generally), but then it started looking very promising again. Looking forward to your updates, and will keep it in mind for the Halloween club. Weโ€™re still many months away from Halloween, but Iโ€™ve come across enough candidates that Iโ€™m afraid I will forget about them if I donโ€™t make a thread soon. Maybe I will.

22 Likes

Todayโ€™s final page count for ๅคœใฏ็Ÿญใ—ๆญฉใ‘ใ‚ˆไน™ๅฅณ today was 37 pages. This is one of my favorite parts but I can barely keep my eyes open now. Goodnight!

21 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 20th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 11.30% // Volume II: 29.22% :email:

Words found under the kotatsu

่ถณๅ ดไธธๅคชใ€Œใ‚ใ—ใฐใพใ‚‹ใŸใ€ใƒผ Scaffolding pole
็„ฆๅœŸใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฉใ€ใƒผ Scorched earth

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1556)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€) - Military Commander
ไฝไน…้–“ ็››ๆ”ฟใ€Œใ•ใใพ ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€(nickname: ็Ž„่•ƒใ€Œใ’ใ‚“ใฐใ€) - Retainer
ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)
ๆˆธ้ƒจ ๆ–ฐๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใจใน ใ—ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Castle commander

Maeda Clan
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€) - Military commander

Saito Clan
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Military commander
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander and adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

21 Likes

home post

20th feb

still full of covid but feeling better enough that today wasnโ€™t as much of a struggle, a couple of days and iโ€™ll be back to normal. went back to ่Ÿฒๅธซ and was reminded how much i missed it! this one was another odd one (island where the dead get reborn if certain conditions are met) but i enjoyed it. it also had some colour pages! which wouldnโ€™t normally be too much to note but where the other colour pages are all of a different, shinier paper, these were just normal manga paper.

words that stood out: ใฏใ‚‹ใฐใ‚‹ (from far away, over a great distance), ๆตทใปใŸใ‚‹ (ใ†ใฟใปใŸใ‚‹, sea firefly. was in the manga as ใ‚ฆใƒŸใƒœใ‚ฟใƒซ which iโ€™m assuming is a regional pronunciation?), ๆœ›ๆœˆ (ใ‚‚ใกใฅใ, full moon, moon on the fifteenth day of the month by the lunar calendar)

there was also a bookmark hidden in there!

canโ€™t imagine this is an up to date map anymore (are all of these places even still open???) but fun to find all the same!

23 Likes

Feb 20, Mon of Week 9 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใ‚ฌใƒฉใ‚นใฎใ†ใ•ใŽ Ch.7

• Komi Canโ€™t Communicate Vol. 1 Ch.4-6

• ใตใ—ใŽใฎๅ›ฝใฎใƒใƒผใƒ‰ Vol.5 Ch.20-21 ้‡‘ๅฑฑ(ใ‹ใญใ‚„ใพ) (start volume)

MC is dying, and recently Vol.10 came out.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

It now feels like itโ€™s gonna end someday.

Words of the day
  • ใ„ใใ˜ใชใ— = coward; good-for-nothing = ๆ„ๆฐ—ๅœฐ(ใ„ใใ˜)ใชใ—. ๆ„ๆฐ—ๅœฐ(ใ„ใใ˜) is the will to carry through = ๆ„ๅœฐ(ใ„ใ˜).
  • ใ‚ขใƒ˜ใƒณ = opium. Kanji form is ้˜ฟ็‰‡(ใ‚ใธใ‚“).
  • ใ—ใ‚ƒใฃใใ‚Š(.) = hiccup
  • ใ”ใฃใŸ(.) = confusion; mess; huddle = ใ”ใŸใ”ใŸ
  • ใฉใใฉใ(.) = (on-mim) copiously; in a steady steam
  • ใ“ใ‚ใ‹ใฟ = temple (on the sides of head) = ่Ÿ€่ฐท(ใ“ใ‚ใ‹ใฟ). ใ€”็ฑณ(ใ“ใ‚)ใ‚’ๅ™›(ใ‹)ใ‚€ใจๅ‹•ใๆ‰€๏ผŒใฎๆ„ใ€• = the part the moves when biting rice.
  • ๆ€ฅๆ‰€(ใใ‚…ใ†ใ—ใ‚‡) = vitals of the body
  • ๅฝข่€ŒไธŠๅญฆ(ใ‘ใ„ใ˜ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใŒใ) = metaphysics
  • ๅพŒ(ใ‚ใจ)ใšใ•ใ‚Š = stepping back = ๅพŒ้€€(ใ‚ใจใšใ•)ใ‚Š
  • ไป‹ๆทป(ใ‹ใ„ใž)ใˆ = helper
  • ็ช˜(ใŸใ—ใช)ใ‚ใ‚‹ = to warn; to rebuke = ๆˆ’(ใ„ใพใ—)ใ‚ใ‚‹. No Furigana. Compare with ๅ—œ(ใŸใ—ใช)ใ‚€, which can be both, to be fond of, and to be modest; to be careful.
  • ๅพฎ็ก(ใพใฉใ‚)ใฟ = a short sleep; a doze
  • ็ก้ญ”(ใ™ใ„ใพ) = drowsiness
  • ่ตทๅบŠ(ใใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = getting up from bed
  • ๅญค้ซ˜(ใ“ใ“ใ†) = proudly independent
  • ็››ๅคง(ใ›ใ„ใ ใ„) = grand; magnificent
  • ๅ…ˆๅคฉๆ€ง(ใ›ใ‚“ใฆใ‚“ใ›ใ„) = congenital
  • ้†้†ๅ‘ณ(ใ ใ„ใ”ใฟ) = the real pleasure; the true charm. Has Furigana, and probably unique Kanjiโ€™s.
  • ่ฑŠ็ฉฃ(ใปใ†ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†) = good crops. Has Furigana. Second Kanji practically only used in this word.
  • ็™พ่ถณ(ใ‚€ใ‹ใง) = centipede. Has Furigana, and I have seen the word before.
  • ่›ž่“(ใชใ‚ใใ˜) = slug. Has Furigana. I have seen the word, but not the Kanjiโ€™s.
  • ่™ป(ใ‚ใถ) = horsefly; gad fly. Has Furigana.
  • ่š‹(ใถใ‚†) = black fly; gnat. Has Furigana.
  • ๅฝขไปฃ(ใ‹ใŸใ—ใ‚) = paper, cloth, wood, etc. representation of a sacred object
  • ๅœฐๅฝข(ใกใ‘ใ„) = terrain; geographical features
  • ่ˆช็ฉบๆฏ่‰ฆ(ใ“ใ†ใใ†ใผใ‹ใ‚“) = aircraft carrier
  • ่–„็€(ใ†ใ™ใŽ) = being lightly dressed
  • ๅˆถ่ฃ(ใ›ใ„ใ•ใ„) = punishment (by regulations, rules)
  • ่ญท่บซ็”จ(ใ”ใ—ใ‚“ใ‚ˆใ†) = for self-protection
  • ไธ€ๆ„ๅฐ‚ๅฟƒ(ใ„ใกใ„ใ›ใ‚“ใ—ใ‚“) = single-mindedly
  • ๆป…็งๅฅ‰ๅ…ฌ(ใ‚ใฃใ—ใปใ†ใ“ใ†) = selfless devotion; sacrificing oneโ€™s personal interest to public good
20 Likes

February 20th

:snowman: Home post :snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 11 โ€“ progress report
Yesterday: Read up to page 185, finished chapters 41 and 42 & volume 10.
Today: Began reading volume 11, read up to page 16.

Iโ€™m not feeling much better, unfortunately. Had to force myself to read and didnโ€™t have the energy nor the patience to read the whole explanation, so I stopped after a few pages.

@nyxqueenofshadows
I totally missed your situation โ€“ I hope you will recover soon! :crossed_fingers:

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

No words of note today.

23 Likes

Currently trying to catch up with ๅŠ่ฝใก and I also wanted to start ใƒฆใƒผใƒˆใƒญใƒ‹ใ‚ซใฎใ“ใกใ‚‰ๅด before you and Nicole finish it, but on the other hand thereโ€™s only one chapter of ้—‡็ฅ“ left, itโ€™s titled ๅฎถๆ—, and Iโ€™m 99 % sure itโ€™s about the ็ฅžๅŽŸ family. I remembered that the ๅ…ˆ่ผฉโ€™s name from chapter 1 was also ็ฅžๅŽŸ, so we have all the chapters connected now. And their โ€ženemy familyโ€œ, the ็™ฝ็Ÿณโ€˜s, were mentioned in chapter 1 and chapter 3 as well. Iโ€˜m looking forward to the big reveal / showdown!
But itโ€™s still 100 pages, thatโ€™s at least two reading days :smiley:

14 Likes

:snowflake: Day 51, 20th of February :snowflake:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

In yesterdayโ€™s page the two soldiers readied their weapons in order to fight off any dangers that might appear on the road. Today, they do actually meet an enemy! Itโ€™s of course a really big wolfโ€ฆ who. Talks??? Anyway, he laughs at them trying to save the princess and proclaims they have to get through him first.

20 Likes