๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 17th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 10.26% // Volume II: 17.85% :wood:

10%!

Words found under the kotatsu

ไฟฎ็ฏ‰ใ€Œใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใกใใ€ใƒผ Repair; restoration; renovation

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1556)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€) - Military Commander

ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)

Maeda Clan
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€) - Military commander

Saito Clan
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Military commander
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander and adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

18 Likes

Feb 17, Fri of Week 8 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใ‚ฌใƒฉใ‚นใฎใ†ใ•ใŽ Ch.4

• ใตใ—ใŽใฎๅ›ฝใฎใƒใƒผใƒ‰ Vol.4 Ch.16 ่ถŠๅพŒ(ใˆใกใ”)่ก—้“(ใ‹ใ„ใฉใ†)

Diligent native.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

Official grant.

Words of the day
  • ใใ‚ใฉใ„ = risquรฉ; questionable / dangerous; hair-breadth = ้š›็–พ(ใใ‚ใฉ)ใ„
  • ้บ—(ใ†ใ‚‹ใ‚)ใ—ใ„ = lovely; charming; beautiful
  • ่’ธ(ใ‚€)ใ™ = to steam; to be hot and humid (in a hot day). ่’ธ(ใตใ‹)ใ™ can be written similarly (excluding Furigana), or just ่’ธ(ใต)ใ‹ใ™ = to steam (food).
  • ๅคฉๆ™ด(ใ‚ใฃใฑ)ใ‚Œ = praise-worthy
  • ่ฑชๅฅข(ใ”ใ†ใ—ใ‚ƒ) = luxurious
  • ๆ•ฐๅฅ‡(ใ™ใ†ใ) = vicissitudes of fortune; full of ups and downs
  • ๆŸฑ็Ÿณ(ใกใ‚…ใ†ใ›ใ) = pillar (e.g. of a country; of society)
  • ็ฃๅ™จ(ใ˜ใ) = hard-paste porcelain (as opposed to ้™ถๅ™จ(ใจใ†ใ))
  • ๆ‰‡ๆƒ…็š„(ใ›ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใฆใ) = sensational; suggestive
  • ไนฑๅ…ฅ(ใ‚‰ใ‚“ใซใ‚…ใ†) = barging in
  • ๅ‹…ๅ‘ฝ(ใกใ‚‡ใใ‚ใ„) = imperial command
  • ่…ฐ็—›(ใ‚ˆใ†ใคใ†) = back pain. On reading of ่…ฐ(ใ“ใ—).
  • ่Šณๅ(ใปใ†ใ‚ใ„) = your honored name (saying humbly). Has Furigana.
  • ใ”่€ไฝ“(ใ‚ใ†ใŸใ„) = (humbly) elderly person
  • ๆ–นไพฟ(ใปใ†ในใ‚“) = means; method
  • ๅพ“้ †(ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ˜ใ‚…ใ‚“) = docile; obedient
  • ๆ‰€็ฎก(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ‹ใ‚“) = jurisdiction; rights and power to govern. Like ๆ‰€ๆœ‰ๆจฉ(ใ—ใ‚‡ใ‚†ใ†ใ‘ใ‚“) with ็ฎก่ฝ„(ใ‹ใ‚“ใ‹ใค), I think.
  • ้š ่”ฝ(ใ„ใ‚“ใบใ„) = concealment. Has Furigana.
  • ๆ•ดๅˆๆ€ง(ใ›ใ„ใ”ใ†ใ›ใ„) = consistency; coherence
  • ้ž้–‹็คบ(ใฒใ‹ใ„ใ˜) = non-disclosure
  • ๅฐฑๆดป(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ‹ใค) = job hunting = ๅฐฑ่ทๆดปๅ‹•(ใ—ใ‚…ใ†ใ—ใ‚‡ใใ‹ใคใฉใ†). Like getting into sustainable living.
  • ่ตดไปป(ใตใซใ‚“) = moving to a new job. First Kanji in Level 55. Also used in ่ตด(ใŠใ‚‚ใ‚€)ใ.
  • ่ชžๅผŠ(ใ”ใธใ„) = misleading statement
  • ๅœŸ็ ‚้™(ใฉใ—ใ‚ƒใถ)ใ‚Š = downpour; raining. ๅœŸ็ ‚(ใฉใ—ใ‚ƒ) is earth and sand; so the place rain falls to. ๅœŸ็ ‚ๅดฉ(ใฉใ—ใ‚ƒใใš)ใ‚Œ would rather be landslide.
  • ่พฒ่€•(ใฎใ†ใ“ใ†) = farming; agriculture. Second Kanji from ่€•(ใŸใŒใ‚„)ใ™.
  • ๆฐดๅ‘‘็™พๅง“(ใฟใšใฎใฟใฒใ‚ƒใใ—ใ‚‡ใ†) = poor peasant = ๆฐดๅ‘‘(ใฟใšใฎ)ใฟ็™พๅง“(ใฒใ‚ƒใใ—ใ‚‡ใ†). Perhaps called so, because no money to buy alcohol.
  • ้ ๆฅ(ใˆใ‚“ใ‚‰ใ„)ใฎๅฎข(ใใ‚ƒใ) = visitor for afar
  • ไป–ไบบ(ใŸใซใ‚“)ใฎ็ฉบไผผ(ใใ‚‰ใซ) = accidental resemblance
  • ็ฎๅฃไปค(ใ‹ใ‚“ใ“ใ†ใ‚Œใ„)ใ‚’ๆ•ท(ใ—)ใ = to impose a gag order; to give an order not to mention something. Has Furigana.
  • ้€†้ฑ—(ใ’ใใ‚Šใ‚“)ใซ่งฆ(ใต)ใ‚Œใ‚‹ = to infuriate oneโ€™s superior. Second Kanji in ้บ’้บŸ(ใใ‚Šใ‚“) which is both a Qilin / Kirin or a giraffe.
19 Likes

Finished reading ใ€Œไธ–็•Œใ‹ใ‚‰็ŒซใŒๆถˆใˆใŸใชใ‚‰ใ€ today! :heart:

• Reading time: 221 pages in 20 days = average 11 pages / 5% per day

Honestly loved this book and I also ended up highlighting way too many quotes that I liked :sweat_smile:

Next one will probably be ใกใ‚‡ใฃใจไปŠใ‹ใ‚‰ไป•ไบ‹ใ‚„ใ‚ใฆใใ‚‹, but I will decide tomorrow :joy:

23 Likes

Home

Uh well the past few days I mostly just played some more ใใฟใฎใพใก ใƒใƒซใƒ†ใ‚ฃใ‚ข, but somewhere in there I also read xxxHOLiCโ‘ข, and the last chapter and atogaki of ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚งโ‘ข. Yesterday I read 13 pages of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ, leaving off on pg 20.

21 Likes

February 17th

:snowman: Home post :snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 9 โ€“ progress report
Yesterday: Continued up to page 158, finished chapter 37.
Today: Read up to page 187, finished chapter 38, and with that volume 9. :tada:
Began reading volume 10, read up to page 16.

Thanks to Toyaโ€™s intervention Yue and Yukito are still alive and kicking. Never mind that this plot point took like 4 volumes to get resolvedโ€ฆ :expressionless:
Back then and today I still donโ€™t know what to make of the โ€˜you resemble Yukito a lot/in everythingโ€™ lines both Toya and Sakura say to Yue. Sure, theyโ€™re the same being but as far as Iโ€™m concerned Yukito is like a chill and friendly dog/cat whereas Yue comes off as grumpy catโ€™s cousin. :sweat_smile:

Ah well, whatever. Letโ€™s see if I can finish volume 10 during the weekend.

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

Word or expression of the day:
ไธๅ…ฌๅนณ (ใตใ“ใ†ใธใ„) - unfairness, injustice

22 Likes

February 17th (Day 48) :snowflake: :cat2:

Home post :books:

1Q84 Book 1 ๅ‰็ทจ (73 - 82%)

Iโ€™ve read chapter 10 today, and damnโ€ฆ That was a long monologue. Interesting, but very exhausting to read. I really hope the next chapter is a little lighter. Only two more to go though! And letโ€™s just ignore the fact that Iโ€™m already falling behind with my ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ readingโ€ฆ (Not to mention Iโ€™ve completely forgotten about my Russian readingโ€ฆ :melting_face:

23 Likes

Day 47
I felt sick the whole day just read some pages of Tsugumomo vol.5 and played Bloody Roar 3 in Japanese. In Bloody Roar 3 the text scrolls super fast its impossible for me to read that fast. :sob:

3450 pages read

18 Likes

February 17th!

Today I read Chapter 44 of Happiness. It was very tempting to read ahead to finish the volumeโ€ฆ but I have house guests coming for the weekend so I did some cleaning insteadโ€ฆ

(Home Post)

21 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Feb 17 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ๏ผ“ (56% โ†’ 62%)

Today I noticed that ๆถๆ„(ใ‚„ใ‚†) and ๆถๆ„(ใ‹ใ‚‰ใ‹)ใ† have the same kanji. Just like ่บŠ่บ‡(ใกใ‚…ใ†ใกใ‚‡) and ่บŠ่บ‡(ใŸใ‚ใ‚‰)ใ†. Iโ€™m sure there are more examples, canโ€™t recall from the top of my head.

Spoilery story/character comment: After reading the chapter where Maomao joins the emperor go through an emperor-selection-by-choosing-the-correct-door maze, Iโ€™m getting the sense that ไปปๆฐ(ใ˜ใ‚“ใ—) might actually be the emperorโ€™s younger hikikomori brother :eyes: Emperorโ€™s younger brother never participate in events due to being a shut-in and thatโ€™s a very convenient excuse, isnโ€™t it? I hope Iโ€™m not misremembering anything about this โ€œemperorโ€™s younger brotherโ€ character, I literally canโ€™t remember any scenes where he appeared other than being mentioned briefly for the sole reason of pointing out that he was not attending.

Yes! Those flavor words. They typically donโ€™t have an entry in Jisho (or Takoboto, ie. JMdict), and google images often returns Chinese or irrelevant/obscure(?) results.

Example 1: ๅŠๅธฏ(ใƒŽใƒผใ‚นใƒชใƒผใƒ–)ใฎ้•ท่ฃ™(ใƒญใƒณใ‚ฐใ‚นใ‚ซใƒผใƒˆ)
ๅŠๅธฏ โ†’ google images: some kind of strap for fastening your guns/swords and for lifting horses? Also for climbing electric power line poles :+1: Epitome of โ€œno sleeveโ€ outfit, mhm :joy_cat:
้•ท่ฃ™ โ†’ actual Chinese word for long skirt!? :eyes: (disclaimer: did not consult any Chinese dictionaries)

Example 2: ็ˆช็ด…(ใƒžใƒ‹ใ‚ญใƒฅใ‚ข) โ†’ flowers! :smiley: :nail_care:

22 Likes

That one is not Chinese :sweat_smile: While itโ€™s not common in modern Japanese, itโ€™s a thing. It follows the same pattern as ๅฃ็ด… (but for the nails instead of the mouth; thatโ€™s the way I remembered the reading too!). The word can also point to a flower, but the reading is different (thatโ€™s ใคใพใใ‚Œใชใ„ or ใคใพใใ‚Œ instead)

But the skirt thing, though, yes. You get quickly used to it, since every series with a similar โ€œancient Chinaโ€ vibe uses it.

16 Likes

Ah, so it turned out be a historical Japanese thing! I guess the flowers was a confounder, with the reading being different.

11 Likes

At least, I thought it was different because thatโ€™s what my dictionary said, but looking at stuff about the flowers, the word is given the same reading :thinking:

9 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :it:

February 17th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ9
-

ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ 1
-

The JoJolands
55 pages

Not quite the whole chapter but most of it. My brain had to tap out. Itโ€™s a lot harder to read when youโ€™re not already familiar with the plot and characters. I canโ€™t figure out what one guyโ€™s name is a reference to and searching in Japanese only returned results for the character. Theyโ€™re always some sort of reference though. Someoneโ€™s gotta know.

20 Likes

:chocolate_bar: :love_letter: ๏ผ’ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ—ๆ—ฅ :love_letter: :chocolate_bar: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง pg 107 โ†’ 120 (finished ch 9)
  • ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ ch 15

Word of the Day:
ไนฑๅ…ฅใ€Œใ‚‰ใ‚“ใซใ‚…ใ†ใ€ใƒผ intrusion; bursting into; barging into; breaking into; forcing oneโ€™s way intoโ€‹

22 Likes

Home

I didnโ€™t realize I had gotten ahead at some point in Sร—F, so I had intended to read this past weekโ€™s and this coming weekโ€™s chapters, but I ended up reading this coming weekโ€™s and the next weekโ€™s lol whoops

I also got a slight head start (technically; itโ€™s still Friday in my time zone) on ๆฅตไธปๅคซ้“ and read ch 91-92. Itโ€™s always so hard to put this series down, but I wanted to go on my friend-date with Albert in ใƒใƒซใƒ†ใ‚ฃใ‚ข, so I managed it.

And yeah I played a couple hours of ใใฟใฎใพใก ใƒใƒซใƒ†ใ‚ฃใ‚ข. I got a quest where I need to place several large planters in the Eufaula Desert and plant poplar trees in them, but the only way to get one of the materials I need to make the planters is to trade the Church data disks for them, which I ainโ€™t doing. But the quest ainโ€™t timed so it ainโ€™t disappearing, and now that I have the poplars in my possession, there are a bunch of indicators on the map where theyโ€™re supposed to go which also ainโ€™t gonna be disappearing, arg. I wanna make 'em go away, but I donโ€™t wanna give the Church squat, especially not Old World tech to destroyโ€ฆ Oh the dilemma.

โ€ฆNow that I think of it, I also donโ€™t know if this is a storyline quest or a side quest. Shoot.

Update: Actually, Iโ€™m pretty sure building the drill machine for Mint is the story quest, making this a side quest, so Iโ€™m good on that front. I still wanna get rid of those indicators on the map though and really donโ€™t like the idea of having to give the Church tech to do itโ€ฆ

21 Likes

February 17 :snowflake: Home Post

Got distracted by other things again so just counting my reading for class today, itโ€™s all progress!

22 Likes

้—‡็ฅ“ update!
Finished chapter 3, Iโ€™m at 66% now.
I have to say, this is one of the more scarier books Iโ€™ve read in Japanese. I didnโ€™t like the first chapter, maybe because I donโ€™t find vampires scary? And the chapter was a bit too ไธญไบŒ็—… for my taste. But chapter 2 was really good, and chapter 3 was also quite scary. @omk3 Halloween candidate?

Chapter 3 was completely office setting, and at first the ่ชฒ้•ท just seems to be an asshole, but youโ€™re wondering why he is, because it seemed to be quite a sudden change. But he does some terrible things that are also quite creepy (not in a sexual way). I actually had goosebumps at the 3ๆ™‚้–“24ๅˆ†14็ง’ revelation. And then the classic โ€žhe hits someoneโ€œ (???) but of course he doesnโ€™t get fired or anything, Japanese companies have a position for everyone. He just gets ็•ฐๅ‹•โ€˜d. Someone else becomes ่ชฒ้•ท and suddenly the main character has some complaints about the new ่ชฒ้•ท. And then it somehow becomes even more creepy. ใ‚ธใƒณใ•ใ‚“ seems to be the common denominator in these ่ชฒ้•ทs becoming rude towards him, and heโ€˜s acting sketchy. I waited for him to turn into some kind of monster, eating MC, but that didnโ€™t happen. The chapter ended quite abrupt, I would have loved to see more of ใ‚ธใƒณใ•ใ‚“โ€˜s โ€žIโ€˜m so nice but I turn everyone into bad people (and maybe Iโ€™m aware of it?)โ€œ spiel.

23 Likes

home post

18th feb

90% sure iโ€™ve got covid (thanks dad :expressionless:) so my brain is just not with it today. just read a doujin (that was actually probably longer than a normal manga chapter oops) and iโ€™ll go on granblue later.

22 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 18th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 10.72% // Volume II: 22.92% :sake:

Words found under the kotatsu

ๅ‹ๆ‰‹ๅ…ƒใ€Œใ‹ใฃใฆใ‚‚ใจใ€ใƒผ In and about the kitchen; family circumstances
ๆธ‹ๅ›ฃๆ‰‡ใ€Œใ—ใถใ†ใกใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Fan varnished with persimmon juice
่ซ‡่ซ–้ขจ็™บใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ‚ใ‚“ใตใ†ใฏใคใ€ใƒผ Spirited discussion
้˜ฟ้ผปๅซๅ–šใ€Œใ‚ใณใใ‚‡ใ†ใ‹ใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ Agonizing cries; pandemonium; two of Buddhismโ€™s hells

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1556)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟกๅบƒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใ‚ใ€- Older brother
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐ ไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‚†ใใ€(also: ไฟกๅ‹ใ€Œใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€) - Younger brother

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
ๆŸด็”ฐ ๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€) - Military Commander

ๅฑฑๆทต ๅณ่ฟ‘ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ†ใ“ใ‚“ใ€- Magistrate
โ€“ ๅฑฑๆทต ็พฉ้ ใ€Œใ‚„ใพใถใก ใ‚ˆใ—ใจใŠใ€- Father (Chief Vassal)

Maeda Clan
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€) - Military commander

Saito Clan
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Military commander
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

Akechi Clan
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - Military Commander
ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Military Commander and adoptive father of Jyubei
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ็ง€ๆบ€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฒใงใฟใคใ€- Son, and retainer to Jyubei

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท ็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Takeda Clan
ๆญฆ็”ฐ ไฟก็Ž„ใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ—ใ‚“ใ’ใ‚“ใ€- Daimyo

Asakura Clan
ๆœๅ€‰ ็พฉๆ™ฏใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใใ‚‰ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใ’ใ€- Daimyo

20 Likes

(Almost) double posting, but I started the fourth chapter of ้—‡็ฅ“ and the stories do seem to be connected after all!

In chapter 2, the child of MC goes to an elementary school that appears again in chapter 4. Itโ€™s the setting for this chapter. In chapter 4 thereโ€˜s a new ่ปขๆ ก็”Ÿ with the same last name (็ฅžๅŽŸ) as ใ‚ธใƒณใ•ใ‚“ from chapter 3. And in chapter 3 ใ‚ธใƒณใ•ใ‚“โ€˜s wife (the mother of the ่ปขๆ ก็”Ÿ in chapter 4?) dies because she fell from one of the top floors. In chapter 2 thereโ€˜s a mysterious suicide, someone fell from the building. Maybe that was ใ‚ธใƒณใ•ใ‚“โ€˜s wife? (According to chapter 2 lore, she fell because she was haunted / went crazy from living in that building / community).
If the mom of the ่ปขๆ ก็”Ÿ from chapter 4 ends up dying, Iโ€™m convinced that itโ€™s the same person from chapter 3 and 2.

Now we only need to somehow tie chapter 1 into thisโ€ฆ

18 Likes