๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 โ˜ƒโ„

Homepost

Harry Potter Book 1 finished!!! I am a little bit proud of myself :slight_smile: Now I am motivated to jump straight into book 2.

Btw. I notice me doing less WaniKani lessons and reviews since reading that much. But its fine, I guess overall I learn more efficiently that way.

Word of the day:
็จฒๅฆป (ใ„ใชใšใพ) - rice plant wife? It actually means lightning bolt. But why?

Happy reading!

24 Likes

February 14th

:snowman: Home post :snowflake:

Card Captor Sakura volume 9 โ€“ progress report
Yesterday: Read up to page 50, finished chapter 35.
Today: Continued up to page 84.

Mostly smooth sailing but I didnโ€™t allow myself to read more than a set amount of minutes because I have to do other tasks now.

โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

Word or expression of the day:
ๆถˆๆป… - (ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ‚ใค) - extinction, extinguishment, disappearance, vanishing; annihilation

21 Likes

I found a web page that suggests itโ€™s because (a) thereโ€™s typically often lightning storms at the time when rice is ripening, so there was a folk belief that the lightning caused the grain to ripen and (b) ใคใพ used to be a word used for your lover or partner whether they were male or female, rather than being specifically โ€˜wifeโ€™.

(Probably worth taking with the usual grain of salt for found-on-the-internet etymologies :-))

12 Likes

Long time no update

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 10

Read some ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 11

Finished the Week 1 reading for ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 12

Played BU$TAFELLOWS ~1h

:open_book: :desktop_computer: :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake: February 13

A bit of everything: finished ใ‚ชใƒฌใƒณใ‚ธ Vol. 6 for the bookclub, read a little ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ and played B$ for like 15 min. Would have been even better if Iโ€™d had more time but it was still fun.

23 Likes

Been listening to the audiobook for ๅคœใฏ็Ÿญใ—ๆญฉใ‘ใ‚ˆไน™ๅฅณ and am able to do tasks around the house and keep up with the story which is kind of a first for me. I think thatโ€™s mostly credit to having read it beforehand though. So Iโ€™m gonna keep reading of course but I think Iโ€™m starting to get an idea of mixing reading and listening. However I donโ€™t think reading with the audiobook is good unless Iโ€™m trying to just finish or something.

20 Likes

Home post

2 ๆœˆ 14 ๆ—ฅ

ใ‚ณใƒŠใฎๅคงๅ†’้™บ ็ฌฌ 42 & 43 ่ฉฑ :black_cat:

I decided to do two episodes today cause they were quite short! And so the beginning of the end. Itโ€™s so funny imagining a cat on an eagleโ€™s back! :joy_cat:

Vocab from ็ฌฌ 42 ่ฉฑ
  • ๆ—‹ๅ›ž revolution, rotation
  • ๅซใถ to shout, to scream, to yell, to exclaim
  • ๅฝฑ shadow, silhouette, figure
  • ใ‚ทใƒฃใƒผใฃ sound of a cat hissing - weirdโ€ฆ would not have guessed that as hissing of a catโ€ฆ
  • ้–“้•ใ„ใชใ unmistakably, certainly, without a doubt
Vocab from ็ฌฌ 43 ่ฉฑ
  • ่ˆžใ„้™ใ‚Šใ‚‹ to swoop down
  • ้™ใ‚ใ™ to drop off
  • ่ฟทๅญ lost child, lost person, stray child
  • ใ‚„ใŒใฆ before long, soon
  • ใ‚ฌใƒŸใ‚ฌใƒŸ nagging, griping, snarling
  • ๆ‡ใ‹ใ—ใ„ dearly, missed,
  • ็€ๅœฐ landing
22 Likes

February 14 :heavy_check_mark: :fox_face:

็‹็ซใฎ่พป, 88-100%

Well, I finished the book with time to spare. It was an okay read, but nothing spectacular. My main problem was that I ended the book knowing very little about the characters, so I didnโ€™t really care much about what was happening. The mystery was intriguing at first, but strangely got less so as clues were gradually revealed. I did guess some parts of the (a little too neat) solution, but I didnโ€™t feel much satisfaction. In any case, it wasnโ€™t the kind of mystery you could put together on your own without extra information.

As for the famous โ€œman using ใ‚ใŸใ—โ€ issue, I ended the book none the wiser. It really was a man and he really did use ใ‚ใŸใ—, but unless there were subtle clues in the way he spoke that I missed, no other character commented on the fact, and no explanation was given in the narration. I read in the atokagi that the character appears in another book before this one ( ๆถ™้ฆ™่ฟทๅฎฎ), but Iโ€™m not about to go read it just in case it solves the ใ‚ใŸใ— mystery. :person_shrugging:

25 Likes

14/2 23 pages Orange (finished ch 25, started 26), 2 pages ใŠใฐใกใ‚ƒใ‚“ใŸใกใฎใ„ใ‚‹ใจใ“ใ‚

And Iโ€™m now back to this weekโ€™s reading of Orange!

23 Likes

home post

14th feb

figured iโ€™d go for something less emotionally/philosophically taxing after my last couple of reads and went with ๅ‘ช่ก“ๅปปๆˆฆ0 cos itโ€™s four chapters and wraps up in one volume nicely (ish). first chunk was a bit of a struggle but once things got going i found it easier.

words that stood out: ้ฆ–่ฌ€ (ใ—ใ‚…ใผใ†, plotting, planning, ringleader. ็„ก่ฌ€ now makes a lot more sense to me), ่ชžๅฝ™ (ใ”ใ„, lexicon), ๅ…จๅฎน (ใœใ‚“ใ‚ˆใ†, full story, whole aspect). also considering how often they turn up iโ€™ll have ๅ‘ชใ„ and ็ฅ“ใ† sorted before the volumeโ€™s even over :joy:

23 Likes

Feb 14, Tue of Week 8 of Winter Q1 2023 :snowman::snowflake:

• ใตใ—ใŽใฎๅ›ฝใฎใƒใƒผใƒ‰ Vol.3 Ch.12 ้˜ฟ่ณ€้‡Žๅท(ใ‚ใŒใฎใŒใ‚)

Boatman show, but do not clap the hands.

• ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ
Words of the day
  • ใฒใจๆ‚ถ็€(ใ‚‚ใ‚“ใกใ‚ƒใ) = a small quarrel = ไธ€ๆ‚ถ็€(ใฒใจใ‚‚ใ‚“ใกใ‚ƒใ). Has Furigana.
  • ่ƒกไนฑ(ใ†ใ‚ใ‚“) = suspicious-looking. Has Furigana.
  • ๅคงๅฐฝ(ใ ใ„ใ˜ใ‚“) = rich person = ๅคง่‡ฃ(ใ ใ„ใ˜ใ‚“)
  • ๅท็€ฌ(ใ‹ใ‚ใ›) = rapids at shallows of a river = ็€ฌ(ใ›)
  • ๆต…็€ฌ(ใ‚ใ•ใ›) = shallows of river, but not rapid
  • ้‰„ๅ‰‡(ใฆใฃใใ) = iron-clad rules
  • ๅฟŒ(ใ„)ใฟ่จ€่‘‰(ใ“ใจใฐ) = taboo words. First Kanji in ็ฆๅฟŒ(ใใ‚“ใ) and ๅฟŒ(ใ„)ใพใ‚ใ—ใ„, Level 59.
  • ้›ฃ็ ด(ใชใ‚“ใฑ) = shipwreck. Somehow sounds similar to ่ปŸๆดพ(ใชใ‚“ใฑ) / ใƒŠใƒณใƒ‘ = hitting on women.
  • ็จผๆฅญ(ใ‹ใŽใ‚‡ใ†) = occupation. First Kanji in ็จผ(ใ‹ใ›)ใ.
  • ๅฏ›ๅฎน(ใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚ˆใ†) = open-mindedness. First Kanji in ๅฏ›ๅคง(ใ‹ใ‚“ใ ใ„).
  • ๆฟๆ(ใ„ใŸใ–ใ„) = a wooden plank
19 Likes

:raccoon: :books: The Tanuki Kotatsu Reading Den :snowflake: :raccoon:

February 14th
ๆ–ฐๆ›ธๅคช้–ฃ่จ˜ progress: 09.50% // Volume II: 9.53% :fire:

So far, out of this and the two other books Iโ€™ve read in Japanese, I think that Yoshikawa has my favourite writing style. He gets to the point but will take the time to set the scene with great imagery at times. All the characters feel very alive too.

Words found under the kotatsu

ๆˆ›ใ€…ใ€Œใ‹ใคใ‹ใคใ€ใƒผ Clopping; clicking; clacking
้˜ใ€…ใ€Œใใ†ใใ†ใ€ใƒผ Lively; active; energetic; enthusiastic

Character Name List

Probably some spoilers, but this is a historic novel, so can spoilers really exist for things that have (for the most part) actually happened :thinking:

Volume I: 1535 - 1555

ๆ—ฅๅ‰ใ€Œใฒใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Hideyoshi (as child)
Nicknames: ็Œฟใ€Œใ•ใ‚‹ใ€/ ้‡ๅฃฒใ‚Šใ€Œใฏใ‚Šใ†ใ‚Šใ€
Name serving Nobunaga: ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€

Family
ๆœจไธ‹ๅผฅๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใ‚„ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Father
โ€“ โ€“ ไน™่‹ฅใ€ŒใŠใจใ‚ใ‹ใ€- Old friend (serves under ็น”็”ฐ)
็ญ‘้˜ฟๅผฅใ€Œใกใใ‚ใฟใ€ใƒผ Step-father
ๅคงๆ”ฟๆ‰€ใ€ŒใŠใŠใพใ‚“ใฉใ“ใ‚ใ€// also ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ ใ€ŒใŠใชใ‹ใ€ใƒผ Mother
ใŠใคใฟ - Older sister
ๅฐ็ซนใ€Œใ“ใกใใ€- Baby brother
ๅŠ ่—คๆธ…ๆญฃใ€Œใ‹ใจใ† ใใ‚ˆใพใ•ใ€// also ๅผพๆญฃใ€Œใ ใ‚“ใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€- Ojisan (only distantly related (before marriage))
โ€“ Married to: ใŠใˆใค (sister of ใŠๅฅˆๅŠ )

Friends & Acquaintances
ไป็Ž‹ใ€ŒใซใŠใ†ใ€- Big kid friend
ๆ–ผ็ฆใ€ŒใŠใตใใ€(Nickname - full name: ็ฆๅคช้ƒŽใ€ŒใตใใŸใ‚ใ€) // ๆฅŠๆ™ฏ็ฆใ€Œใ‚ˆใ†ใ‘ใ„ใตใใ€(Chinese name/birth name) - Timid kid friend (older than Hideyoshi)
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅคงๅคซ ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ ใ ใ‚†ใ†ใ€// ็ฅฅ็‘žใ€Œใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใšใ„ใ€(Chinese name) - Father
โ€“ ๆขจ็ดใ€Œใ‚Šใใ‚“ใ€- Mother
ๆจๆฌก้ƒŽใ€Œใ™ใฆใ˜ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Previous servant to ไบ”้ƒŽ, later the adoptive father of ๆ–ผ็ฆ, and owner of a tea ware shop - and employer of, and master to, Hideyoshi

Hachisuka Clan
่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๅฐๅ…ญใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใ“ใ‚ใใ€(also ๆญฃๅ‹ ใ€Œใพใ•ใ‹ใคใ€) - Head of the Hachisuka clan
โ€“ ไธƒๅ†…ใ€Œใชใชใ„ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ Married to ๆพๆณขใ€Œใพใคใชใฟใ€
โ€“ โ€“ ไบ€ไธ€ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚ใ„ใกใ€- Son

Retainers:
็จฒ็”ฐๅคง็‚ŠๅŠฉใ€Œใ„ใชใ  ใŠใŠใ„ใฎใ™ใ‘]
้’ๅฑฑๆ–ฐไธƒใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใ—ใ‚“ใ—ใกใ€
้•ทไบ•ๅŠไน‹ไธžใ€ŒใชใŒใ„ ใฏใ‚“ใฎใ˜ใ‚‡ใ†ใ€
ๆพๅŽŸๅ†…ๅŒ ใ€Œใพใคใฐใ‚‰ ใŸใใฟใ€

Others:
ๅ›ฝๅ‰ใ€Œใใซใ‚ˆใ—ใ€- Gunsmith/blacksmith
ๆธก่พบๅคฉ่”ตใ€Œใ‚ใŸใชใน ใฆใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€- Deserter - Nobushi (Nephew to Koroku)
้›ฃๆณขๅ†…่จ˜ใ€Œใชใ‚“ใฐ ใชใ„ใใ€- Spy disguised as a Komuso
ไป็”ฐๅฝฆๅใ€ŒใซใฃใŸ ใฒใ“ใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ใ€- Subordinate

(่œ‚้ ˆ่ณ€ๆญฃๅˆฉใ€Œใฏใกใ™ใ‹ ใพใ•ใจใ—ใ€- previous head of the Hachisuka clan)

Saito Clan
((questionable) Alliance with the Hachisuka clan)
ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Head of the Saito clan
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใŸใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Son

ๆ˜Žๆ™บ ๅ…‰็ง€ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใฒใงใ€(common name: ๅๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚…ใ†ในใ„ใ€) - serves under Dosan
โ€“ ๅˆๅธ‚ใ€ŒใพใŸใ„ใกใ€- Underling / foot soldier

ๅ €็”ฐ ้“็ฉบใ€ŒใปใฃใŸ ใฉใ†ใใ†ใ€- Chief retainer
ๅผฅๅนณๆฒปๅ…‰ๆ˜ฅใ€Œใ‚„ใธใ„ใ˜ ใฟใคใฏใ‚‰ใ€- Retainer (cousin to Jyubei)
โ€“ ๆ˜Žๆ™บๅ…‰ๅฎ‰ใ€Œใ‚ใ‘ใก ใฟใคใ‚„ใ™ใ€- Father
ๆ˜ฅๆ—ฅไธนๅพŒใ€Œใ‹ใ™ใŒ ใŸใ‚“ใ”ใ€- Military commander

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Leader of the Oda clan (Married to the daughter of Saito Dosan)
โ€“ ๅฏๆœˆใ€Œใ†ใฅใใ€- Nobunagaโ€™s faithful, old horse :horse:
โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก็ง€ใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใฒใงใ€- Father and previous leader of the Oda clan
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไธŽไธ‰้ƒŽใ€ŒใŠใ  ใ‚ˆใ•ใถใ‚ใ†ใ€- Younger brother
โ€“ โ€“ ็น”็”ฐไฟก่กŒใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใ‹ใคใ€(Other name: ไฟกๆˆใ€Œใฎใถใชใ‚Šใ€) - Son (half-brother to Nobunaga (different mother))

Retainers (Under Nobuhide rule):
ๅนณๆ‰‹ ๆ”ฟ็ง€ใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใฆ ใพใ•ใฒใงใ€
โ€“ ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€(nickname: ไบ”้ƒŽๅทฆใ€Œใ”ใ‚ใ†ใ–ใ€) - First son
โ€“ ็›ฃ็‰ฉใ€Œใ‘ใ‚“ใ‚‚ใคใ€- Second son
โ€“ ็”šๅทฆ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ˜ใ‚“ใ–ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Third son
โ€“ ้›จๅฎฎๅ‹˜่งฃ็”ฑใ€Œใ‚ใ‚ใฟใ‚„ ใ‹ใ’ใ‚†ใ€- Servant
ๆž— ็ง€่ฒžใ€Œใฏใ‚„ใ— ใฒใงใ•ใ ใ€(common name: ๆ–ฐไบ”้ƒŽใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ”ใ‚ใ€/ nickname: ไฝๆธกใ€Œใ•ใฉใ†ใ€) (served under Nobunaga too)
โ€“ ็พŽไฝœๅฎˆใ€Œใฟใพใ•ใ‹ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€- Younger brother
้’ๅฑฑ ไฟกๆ˜Œใ€Œใ‚ใŠใ‚„ใพ ใฎใถใพใ•ใ€(common name: ไธŽไธ‰ๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ˆใใ†ใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€)
ๅ†…่—ค ๅ‹ไป‹ใ€Œใชใ„ใจใ† ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใ™ใ‘ / ใ‹ใคใ™ใ‘ใ€

Retainers (Under Nobunaga rule):
ๆŸด็”ฐๅ‹ๅฎถใ€Œใ—ใฐใŸ ใ‹ใคใ„ใˆใ€(Nickname: ๆจฉๅ…ญใ€Œใ”ใ‚“ใ‚ใใ€)

Others:
ๅธ‚ๅทๅคงไป‹ใ€Œใ„ใกใ‹ใ‚ ใ ใ„ใ™ใ‘ใ€- Archery master/instructor
ๅนณ็”ฐไธ‰ไฝใ€Œใฒใ‚‰ใŸ ใ•ใ‚“ใฟใ€- Master of military strategy
ๆต…้‡Žๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter
ใŒใ‚“ใพใ - Former worker/servant, friend of Hideyoshi

Shiba Clan
ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ็ตฑใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚€ใญใ€- Head of the Shiba clan, at Kiyosu castle
โ€“ ๆ–ฏๆณข็พฉ้Š€ใ€Œใ—ใฐ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‹ใญใ€- Son

Imagawa Clan
ไปŠๅท็พฉๅ…ƒใ€Œใ„ใพใŒใ‚ ใ‚ˆใ—ใ‚‚ใจใ€- Daimyo

Retainers:
ๆพไธ‹ไน‹็ถฑใ€Œใพใคใ—ใŸ ใ‚†ใใคใชใ€(common name: ๅŠ ๅ…ต่ก›ใ€Œใ‹ใธใ„ใ€)
้ฃฏๅฐพ่ฑŠๅ‰ใ€Œใ„ใฎใŠ ใถใœใ‚“ใ€
ๅคš่ณ€่ƒฝๅ…ซ้ƒŽใ€ŒใŸใŒใฎใ† ใฏใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€(nickname: ่ƒฝๅ…ซใ€Œใฎใ†ใฏใกใ€)

Takeda Clan
ๅคช้ƒŽ็พฉไฟกใ€ŒใŸใ‘ใ  ใ‚ˆใ—ใฎใถใ€- Commander
(Married to the daughter of Imagawa Yoshimoto to tie the clans)

Non-affiliated
ไธŠๆณ‰ ไฟก็ถฑใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใฎใถใคใชใ€(also: ไธŠๆณ‰ ไผŠๅ‹ขๅฎˆใ€Œใ‹ใฟใ„ใšใฟ ใ„ใ›ใฎใ‹ใฟใ€) - Founder of the ๆ–ฐ้™ฐๆตใ€Œใ—ใ‚“ใ‹ใ’ใ‚Šใ‚…ใ†ใ€school of Kenjutsu
โ€“ ็–‹็”ฐๅฐไผฏใ€ŒใฒใใŸ ใ—ใ‚‡ใ†ใฏใใ€- Disciple
โ€“ ็ฅžๅพŒไบ”ๅ…ญ้ƒŽใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ” ใ”ใ‚ใใ‚ใ†ใ€- Disciple

ๅกšๅŽŸ ๅœไผใ€Œใคใ‹ใฏใ‚‰ ใผใใงใ‚“ใ€- Kensei; legendary swordsman

Historical People
  • ้˜ฟๅ€ไปฒ้บปๅ‘‚ใ€Œใ‚ใน ใฎ ใชใ‹ใพใ‚ใ€ใƒผ Japanese scholar & poet (700s)

• ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใใ‚‡ใ„ใ€ใƒผ Chinese poet (Bai Juyi / Bo Juyi) also known as: ็™ฝๆฅฝๅคฉใ€Œใฏใ ใ‚‰ใใฆใ‚“ใ€in Japan. (Late 700s)

• ้“ๅ…ƒใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ใ€(or ้“ๅ…ƒ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใฉใ†ใ’ใ‚“ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€ใƒผ Japanese Buddhist Priest, writer & poet (also known as ๆ „่ฅฟ็ฆ…ๅธซใ€Œใˆใ„ใ•ใ„ ใœใ‚“ใ˜ใ€) (Early / mid 1200s)

• ็ฉบๆตทใ€Œใใ†ใ‹ใ„ใ€ใƒผ The one and only Kukai or Kobo Daishi - a Buddhist monk. Posthumously given the title of: ๅผ˜ๆณ•ๅคงๅธซใ€Œใ“ใ†ใผใ† ใ ใ„ใ—ใ€born as: ไฝไผฏ ็œž้ญšใ€Œใ•ใˆใ ใฎ ใพใŠใ€(late 700s / early 800s)

• ๆบ้ ผๆ”ฟใ€Œใฟใชใ‚‚ใจ ใฎ ใ‚ˆใ‚Šใพใ•ใ€ใƒผ Prominent poet and warrior (1100s)

• ๅนณ ้‡็››ใ€ŒใŸใ„ใ‚‰ ใฎ ใ—ใ’ใ‚‚ใ‚Šใ€ใƒผ Military commander and court noble, claimed to be an ancestor of Oda Nobunaga (Mid-1100s)

• ๆก“ๆญฆ๏ผˆๅคฉ็š‡๏ผ‰ใ€Œใ‹ใ‚“ใ‚€๏ผˆใฆใ‚“ใฎใ†๏ผ‰ใ€ใƒผ 50th Emperor of Japan, claimed to be an ancestor of Taira no Shigemori, thus ancestor to Oda Nobunaga (Mid-Late 700s)

Volume II: 1555 - 15??
(currently 1556)

Oda Clan
็น”็”ฐ ไฟก้•ทใ€ŒใŠใ  ใฎใถใชใŒใ€- Head of the Oda clan

ๆœจไธ‹ ่—คๅ‰้ƒŽใ€Œใใฎใ—ใŸ ใจใ†ใใกใ‚ใ†ใ€- Hideyoshi
โ€“ ๆœจ่‚ก ๆจฉไธ‰ใ€ŒใใพใŸ ใ”ใ‚“ใžใ†ใ€(Nickname: ใ”ใ‚“ใž) - Servant

ๆต…้‡Ž ๅˆๅณ่ก›้–€ใ€Œใ‚ใ•ใฎ ใพใŸใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“ใ€- Military commander
โ€“ ๅฏงๅญใ€Œใญใญใ€- Daughter

Maeda Clan
ๅ‰็”ฐ ๅˆฉๅฎถใ€Œใพใˆใ  ใจใ—ใ„ใˆใ€(childhood name: ็Šฌๅƒไปฃใ€Œใ„ใฌใกใ‚ˆใ€) - Military commander

Saito Clan
ๆ–Ž่—ค ็พฉ้พใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใ‚ˆใ—ใ•ใคใ€(also: ้ซ˜ๆ”ฟใ€ŒใŸใ‹ใพใ•ใ€) - Military commander
โ€“ ๅญซๅ››้ƒŽใ€Œใพใ”ใ—ใ‚ใ†ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๅ–œๅนณๆฌกใ€Œใใธใ„ใ˜ใ€- Brother
โ€“ ๆ–Ž่—ค ้“ไธ‰ใ€Œใ•ใ„ใจใ† ใฉใ†ใ•ใ‚“ใ€- Father

23 Likes

:snowflake: Day 45, 14th of February :snowflake:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

Okay, today Iโ€™m not gonna spend as much time on this page. I want to go to bed at a more reasonable time.

Today weโ€™re still at the bar, but the old man from before joins us. If I understood it right, heโ€™s a researcher of old magic, and heโ€™s worried about the thing(s) happening in the woods. He tells them that nobody goes into the forest, and that thereโ€™s a lot of magic wolves. The leader (I think thatโ€™s what he wanted to say with ใƒชใƒผใƒ€ใƒผ?) has red eyes. Thanks for the info, old man!

20 Likes

:bookmark: Home post // Feb 14 :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

ใƒป่–ฌๅฑ‹ใฎใฒใจใ‚Šใ”ใจ๏ผ“ (47% โ†’ 50%)

Read a bit in the morning. Has been staying up a bit late the last few days so Iโ€™ll turn in early tonight.

23 Likes

February 9th-14th (Days 40-45) :snowflake: :cat2:

Home post :books:

1Q84 Book 1 ๅ‰็ทจ (44 - 66%)
ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ (4 - 10%)
(I was planning to write out how much I read on each individual day, but I didnโ€™t keep track of that so this will have to do :sweat_smile:)

Iโ€™ve been diligently reading every day (and lurking around), I just didnโ€™t feel like engaging much.

In terms of reading, I managed to read week 1 of ใ“ใฎๆœฌใ‚’็›—ใ‚€่€…ใฏ on time before the start of week 2. Also Iโ€™m pretty sure my reading speed on 1Q84 Book 1 ๅ‰็ทจ has improved quite a bit - though I have no data to support this. Maybe I should start timing myself. And maybe I should also start engaging a little more with the book club threads again (so much to talk about).

Iโ€™ve been looking for the words to describe how Iโ€™ve been feeling lately, and this is so accurate. Ah

23 Likes

Day 44
I just finished volume 4 of Tsugumomo . Rereading a manga in japanese is not as fun as reading it for the first time.

3312 pages read

19 Likes

February 14th!

Today I read a chapter of Mitsuboshi Colors, and then a few pacges of Chapter 54 of Shadows House.

(Home Post)

21 Likes

What grammar level are you at approximately? Reading something as difficult as HP is so darn impressive!!!

5 Likes

:performing_arts: Home :it:

February 13th

ใƒซใƒชใƒ‰ใƒฉใ‚ดใƒณ 1
start - 13

February 14th

ใ‚ธใƒงใ‚ธใƒงใฎๅฅ‡ๅฆ™ใชๅ†’้™บ9
86 - 91

I actually had about 30 min to read last night but I accidently wasted it on social media and then only had 5 minโ€ฆ Hopefully tonight will go better

20 Likes

Summary post

Day 44: February 13th
Missed :upside_down_face:
Working late strikes againโ€ฆand might strike again tomorrow tbh, I need to get some stuff done :weary: So many deadlines :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Day 45: February 14th
What did I read?: ใƒšใƒณใ‚ฎใƒณใƒปใƒใ‚คใ‚ฆใ‚งใ‚ค :penguin:
How much did I read?: 3 pages
How long did it take me?: 20 minutes

Why did this feel so difficult today :upside_down_face: I wanted to make sure I read at least a little, but I stopped kind of early because I was struggle times.

20 Likes

:chocolate_bar: :love_letter: ๏ผ’ๆœˆ๏ผ‘๏ผ”ๆ—ฅ :love_letter: :chocolate_bar: (Home Post Link)

Read:

• ไธ‰ใƒ„ๆ˜Ÿใ‚ซใƒฉใƒผใ‚บ ch 12
  • ๅคœใ‚ซใƒ•ใ‚ง pg 93 โ†’ 106 (finished ch 8)

Word of the Day:
้œฒๅบ—ใ€Œใ‚ใฆใ‚“ใ€ใƒผ street stall, booth. I just really like any kanji with the ้›จ radical, i think they look pretty :smiling_face:

24 Likes