📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 ☃❄

Home Post

This week was very colourful :grin: and pretty inconsistent - had to do a lot of business-related stuff which left me with not so much time for reading.
Anyways, what I read:

• Read (and finished) one of the Flesh&Blood extra stories - it was really nice to go back to that universe for a bit!
  • Continued reading the ABC pick この本を盗む者は. This book is clearly for teenagers with some fantastic elements. The story is written ok though. Let’s see…
  • Continued 1Q84 - now in the middle of chapter 16
  • Started the new Compulsive Readers book ユートロニカのこちら側 which is quite interesting, but I have no idea yet where this will lead to.
  • Finally, today was sauna day, and I read some 世界から猫が消えたなら. I’m really starting to like that book a lot. It starts out with a bit of a silly setup (a Death God wearing a hawaii shirt :joy_cat:) but it has gotten pretty deep contents-wise while being super-easy to read. I hardly encounter any words that I don’t know, and as such I can read pretty fast. Gives me a glimpse of what it might feel like to be able to read the majority of books at that pace :joy_cat:

Regarding ユートロニカのこちら側:

I… share the doctor’s assessment though :flushed: :rofl:
(For those who don’t read the book: he said that one of the persons is not the brightest candle on the cake…)

Word of the day: 配偶者 - person distributed by chance spouse
I learned this recently courtesy of the SKM N1 Vocab book, and at the time I figured that I will probably never see that in the wild, and bam! :grin: :woman_shrugging:
(Now I just need to see my other currently favourite N1 vocab 着色料 - colour arrived in the food food colouring agent :sweat_smile:)

25 Likes