:snowflake: Winter 2023 Reading Challenge :snowflake:

Previous Challenges

2021:

2022:

:books: 01ๆœˆ01ๆ—ฅ
ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ

:books: 01ๆœˆ02ๆ—ฅ
9-nine-

Here we go againnnnn! 7th round of the challenge :3 as always @windupbird thanks a lot for hosting again <3

Like the last thread and pretty much onwards, Iโ€™m not going to maintain a home post, but I do like to see the threads Iโ€™ve participated in so I will still link my first post in those as a reminder of the work Iโ€™ve put into this, should I ever need it in times of doubt.

Started the year with ใ†ใŸใ‚ใ‚Œใ‚‹ใ‚‚ใฎ as was expected, it continues to be pretty cool so far. I also started 9-nine- (current VN club pick) today and Iโ€™m already liking it a lot, so Iโ€™m pretty satisfied with what Iโ€™m reading right now overall.

I want to keep pushing vocabulary hard and Iโ€™m still going strong with the 20 new words a day in Anki, itโ€™s been like a month and Iโ€™m not burnt out in the least so thatโ€™s a good sign, if anything itโ€™s giving me a lot of drive. When I stop and think about it itโ€™s insane the amount of vocabulary and effort learning a new language takes, especially one that shares no roots whatsoever with your native one, even after a lot of years and many thousands of words seen or studied it still feels like thereโ€™s like a million left to learn. But itโ€™s also fun, and the more I know the more addictive everything becomes because I get to enjoy the things I consume a lot more as I understand more over time. Occasionally I still get the thought โ€œwhy the heck am I learning Japanese?โ€ and then I always go back to โ€œdamn, learning Japanese is so coolโ€ :joy: . But anyways, Iโ€™m just rambling.

26 Likes