📚📚 Read every day challenge - Summer 2021 🏖🏖

Summary post

June 21 update Decided today to time myself reading a full chapter of Kikis, to see how manageable that felt as I just don’t really enjoy reading things a few pages at a time. I read chapter 2, which is 13 pages in the version I have. I was trying to read to pretty full comprehension so I was looking up all unknown words (I looked up 56 words according to my takoboto list) and stopping to puzzle things out. 13 pages took me just under 2 and a half hours to read. It’s definitely a long time…but not so long that it feels impossible to do in one sitting/one day.

Also, I am now down to ナルト2 being my only non-bookclub schedule read so need to have a think about what things I want to pick up next. I have some more volumes of ナルト and やがて君になる already so they would be the obvious ones to continue with, however I’m not feeling in a huge rush to continue with やがて君になる right now for some reason, even though I’m enjoying it. I do really want to read more ボーイズ but it’s a bit pricey so trying to hold out until it’s on sale. Tempted to add in another novel or light novel as the bookclub I’m in for Kikis schedule is fairly slow…but that might be a bad idea haha. I have 4 more chapters left of ナルト so I guess got that time to decide!

16 Likes