📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

Main Post

Finished reading through Yoru Cafe vol 1 last night and today I read the sidechapter of Yuru Camp vol 3 finishing that. Yoru Cafe was a comfy read for the most part. Difficulties were sometimes in not knowing who was talking at the moment or me not paying attention and drifting of for a bit. Either way it was a good experience. More thoughts down below, they’ll have general spoilers.

Yoru Cafe vol 1

I think it’s a neat little book that shows some character growth during an important period of development as a kid. Going from one school to the other, situation with your parents growing worse, avoiding life because fear of bullying. At one point it is too much and you break. Luckily Hanabi (the protag) and the other kids are able to come to terms with their life after stepping away from it all. It is kinda like day treatment. Of course good cooking helps with it. In this way they’re able to make friends, socialize and grow as a person. Maybe see things in a different light, experience new feelings, or whatever goes along with maturing.

I liked how it has a certain bittersweet flavor to it. There’s drama, bit of romance, comedy and cooking. Hanabi becomes a more positive person and is able to make friends, but then also has to say goodbye to one… poor girl.

I don’t have volume 2 on me, so that will have to wait a while. Yuru Camp is about more of the same, also comfy and good. I’m starting fresh tomorrow again, as I’ll be reading a new manga and book alongside each other. For manga I’m still undecided and I’ll have to pick something from my kindle library again I think. As for the book, I’ll be reading ふしぎ駄菓子屋銭天堂 vol 1 next. I’ll have to see if I can still manage to read a chapter every time I read. These chapters are a bit longer and I noticed it’s a bit more dense.

29 Likes