📚📚 Read every day challenge - Spring 2022 🌸 🌱

Thank you for the mwehehe. That’s one cute durtle! I have been feeling a bit down for a couple days, and it somehow helps me feel better.
I read something stupid two days ago, and it’s been affecting me way more than it deserves to. Sadly, that also means that I’m not really in the mood to reread 薬屋のひとりごと.

Sorry, just venting

Actually, I hesitated to post about it, because who cares. But since I’m already talking about it… Also, it’s about stuff I read in Japanese, so it kinda fits the topic of the thread?
Anyway, I recently read a random manga that made it to the top 10 of the daily ranking on booklive. The first THREE (3) volumes were free to grab, so I just went with it. Anyway, the content has a lot of smut, but it’s okay-ish since it makes sense in context (I already ranted about it in the other thread).
Regardless, the point is that the main character was a man in a past life, reincarnated/isekai’d as a woman. There’s a male character I ship her with, and I kinda wanted to see if anything was going to happen, but since the manga is way too graphic for me, I checked the original light novel instead.
There, the first review mentions “don’t worry, there’s no [slur for male homosexual] content, or I guess it would be trans?”, and that made me unreasonably upset. Even if we ignore the wording, why is that something anyone should be worried about.
Since it answered my question, I should just shrug it all (series and review) off, and move on with my life. But somehow I just kept thinking about it. Eff you, random reviewer, for ruining my day.

Anyway.

22 Likes